FY 14 Force Management Program (RIF, VSP, TERA)

AOF_ATC

The Air Force has not budgeted for officer TERA or VSP in 2015, suggesting the service does not expect to offer these programs again next year to officers.

SecAF said there would be boards next year, but nobody would go to two involuntary boards unless they had disciplinary problems. So.....no VSP for '04 Majors next year? AF will still have to pay separation pay.

I paid the 99cents for the one day subscription to AF times.

Per the AF times review of congressional budget documents for Force Management.

"Air force expects to pay $81.6 million to 560 officers taking TERA, or 15 yr retirements. Another 1,137 officers will receive $108.8 million in voluntary separation payments this year. The Air Force has not budgeted for officer TERA or VSP in 2015, suggesting the service does not expect to offer these programs again next year to officers."

Hopefully this means we will get an answer before the next fiscal year.

I just want to point out that at least one airman has resorted to paying a commercial media outlet to get clarity on the FY14 Force Management Program.

This makes me really sad.

Edited by PanchBarnes
  • Upvote 2

Still awaiting air staff approval. I think the mypers line has caller ID because my calls now mysteriously disconnect when it's connecting me to the call center separations section.

Edited by C17Jockey

AFPC was working this weekend. I had an enlisted subordinate get approved for VSP on Saturday. I am still waiting, they approve a few this weekend and I guess are getting more enlisted VSPs done. Another guy called AFPC and they picked up on Saturday. Maybe they are working extra days to get the back log caught up.

Another guy called AFPC and they picked up on Saturday. Maybe they are working extra days to get the back log caught up.

Were they calling the mypers separations hotline because they are available 24/7. The actual separations office where everything is being processed is a different number that mypers won't give out.

Edited by C17Jockey

Were they calling tho mypers separations hotline because they are available 24/7. The actual separations office where everything is being processed is a different number that mypers won't give out.

Didn't know that, but enlisted VSP applications were processed on Saturday. Mine has been sitting at 'Refer to BPO' since 14 Jan, so I pray mine gets some attentions soon. I have my college application ready to click send, just need the AF to their part.

Judging from the AF retirements 2014 Facebook page there's some movement on the enlisted TERA process. About 5 people have posted that they have either a RNLTD of 1 Aug or a Sep date of 31 July.

Edit: it appears they are approving 2X's today, three 3X's on Saturday...at this rate all the officers should get notified of approval/disapproval sometime in mid-October.

Edited by Catbox
  • Upvote 1

Judging from the AF retirements 2014 Facebook page there's some movement on the enlisted TERA process. About 5 people have posted that they have either a RNLTD of 1 Aug or a Sep date of 31 July.

Edit: it appears they are approving 2X's today, three 3X's on Saturday...at this rate all the officers should get notified of approval/disapproval sometime in mid-October.

Amen!

Based on crewdawg ready room intel, the only Officers approved for TERA to date are >19 yrs. So no 'significant' decisions made yet for the rated force.... we're all holding for clearance. I'm trying to stay as far ahead of the jet as possible. 14 Jan applicant, 'FM hold' since 5 Feb, moved to 'VC' 7 March, TAP complete, job offer in hand, and pushing 60 days till terminal leave. Come on Big Blue let's get this done!

Not to mention the rest of the guys who threw down on VSP.

There's now a post on the Facebook page from an officer with 17 years. She's a 41A, whatever that is. Apparently, she got an email saying that her application is on hold due to her 1-yr ADSC. According to her post, her ADSC was listed as waiverable in the PSDM. Perhaps this means that ADSC is indeed a major factor in consideration, as was originally prognosticated..

According to the breakdown of projected 2015 end strength numbers by rank, Majors are getting slammed. Surprise surprise we will gain an O-10, not lose a single O-9 or O-8, and there will be one fewer O-7...

203 O-6's will be gone, 573 O-5's, 1,897 O-4's, 1,332 O-3's, 395 O-2's, and 104 O-1's. Since they have already taken TERA and VSP off the table for 2015, it looks like they will involuntarily separate thousands of officers next year.

The above info is from the latest edition of the Air Force Times that just arrived today.

Nothing useful to contribute at the moment. Just noticed I had 49 posts. BAM! Crew Dawg!

That is all. No need to make a big fuss. Send gift cards and beer if you wish to AFPC. I'll pick 'em up when I swing by to wave my pecker at 'em through the window. BTW, anyone know what floor Retirements and Separations is on? I need to know if I'll have to rent a cherry picker.

• Upvote 1

203 O-6's will be gone, 573 O-5's, 1,897 O-4's, 1,332 O-3's, 395 O-2's, and 104 O-1's. Since they have already taken TERA and VSP off the table for 2015, it looks like they will involuntarily separate thousands of officers next year.

The above info is from the latest edition of the Air Force Times that just arrived today.

So this year you get checks for life, next year kicked out for free. It will be interesting how they justify that. I think TERA is the best deal the AF has come up with in years. My fingers have never been crossed so hard...

Surprise surprise we will gain an O-10, not lose a single O-9 or O-8, and there will be one fewer O-7...203 O-6's will be gone, 573 O-5's, 1,897 O-4's, 1,332 O-3's, 395 O-2's, and 104 O-1's.

With the heat the AF's already taken for the GO's per capita in comparison to the other services I guess I should be surprised.. but I'm not. Wonder if the prepared questions for the next AF Secretary/CSAF tour will include how they justify this.

I'm not an Occupy Wall Street kinda guy.. but great Noodly God.. talk about the 1%.