FY 14 Force Management Program (RIF, VSP, TERA)

AOF_ATC

Of note for the enhanced PC rules, member has to have a Reserve/Guard position already when applying. With normal PC rules, officers have 90 days to find a unit and position number after approval.

Also, 120 day waiting period for resubmission after disapproval is gone.

None of this verified by speaking to human being who has any power to make a decision, but by reading shitty PDSMs that constantly reroute you to another document instead of just listing the pertinent info, so acknowledge as only gouge at this point.

I'm not sure if this is good news or not, but this is the response I got from AFPC via email...

"If you are RIF eligible your guidance for applying for VSP is under PSDM 13-130 not 14-08. That PSDM does not refer to 13-65 so you could apply for VSP."

I'm not sure if this is good news or not, but this is the response I got from AFPC via email...

"If you are RIF eligible your guidance for applying for VSP is under PSDM 13-130 not 14-08. That PSDM does not refer to 13-65 so you could apply for VSP."

Except for the pesky guy who runs the separations branch who says different...

I am deployed now and submitted my VSP application on Thursday morning. My SQ/CC was pretty quick to approve it that day and send it up but it is still pending review with the Wing/CC per the status page as of Saturday. I have no idea if he is on leave or not in the office since I am not there but I would have hoped it would have been sent up already to AFPC. Maybe he is taking the weekend to sort through all of the crap or maybe his computer crashed with all of the applications he received. I just want to get out!

Except for the pesky guy who runs the separations branch who says different...

I would have to agree, but AFPC did put out a detailed reg with a detailed timeline for the RIF. Year groups are broken down into specific groups with different identifiers and Commanders have already started putting together RRF packages for a ton of guys that have UPT ADSC's left. I do have faith that if we are eligible for the RIF we will be eligible for the VSP based on comments made by General Welsh so if everything is right with the RIF then we have a shot at the VSP. I'm just worried that they are going to come back and say no pilots are eligible for the RIF or for the VSP. If they do there will be a lot of pissed off pilots, but more importantly a lot of pissed off Commanders that had their staff wasting time on useless RRF packages because AFPC can't seem to just get it right the first time, EVER.

Same info I got from TFSC phone call. Let's hope it's true and they don't figure what ADSCs aren't waiverable first.

The fact that the AF still uses 365s at the pace we do is total and complete bullshit. Those were started at the peak of OIF and OEF as a stopgap measure to appease the Army who hated our shorter deployment lengths. Now that we've reduced the manning demand so significantly, we should kill all 365s and go back to the way it was. What a morale killer. But hard to put that genie back in the bottle.

I got the "hot for a hot 365" email recently. If any fellow VSP/RIF'ers are experiencing this, please PM and we can compare notes about the vague verbiage on 365s.

I went through it about 9 months ago. The email is a shot across the bow, not a tasking letter, so you should be OK to apply. If you want more info, PM me.

If you got the email, you need to get smart on the AFI concerning I-TDY's real quick and update your TDY history in vMPF. Now.

I got the "hot for a hot 365" email recently. If any fellow VSP/RIF'ers are experiencing this, please PM and we can compare notes about the vague verbiage on 365s.

Didn't they sell it to you as an 'opportunity'?

Forgot to add: "Have I got a deal for you!"

Edited by HeloDude

Same info I got from TFSC phone call. Let's hope it's true and they don't figure what ADSCs aren't waiverable first.

I called again for the hell of it and got the same answer that I received in my email. She made it clear that if you fall under the RIF Eligibility Matrix you are to follow the guidance found in 13-130 and as of right now you are eligible to apply for VSP. She said everyone else that does not fall under the RIF Eligibility Matrix is to use 14-08 which does drive you to 13-65 that states UPT ADSC commitments won't be waived. As of this time she said she could not confirm or deny whether those of us that apply for VSP under 13-130 will have our UPT ADSC's waived, but as mentioned before she said those interested should still apply while they wait for word from the "Air Staff" as to whether they will be waived or not. It's still a shitty answer and sad that they can't decide who they will let out before they tell us to apply, but at least there's still a chance.