FY 14 Force Management Program (RIF, VSP, TERA)

AOF_ATC

+1 to that. Wouldn't be surprised if the formula changes in the new PSDM though.

Also FWIW... I asked AFPC a VSP question two days ago using the link on MyPers. The guy answered it referencing the unreleased PSDM and mentioned applying during the application window. If you haven't already submitted paperwork to be held at the Wg, it might be worth thinking about waiting until the application window officially opens to hit submit. It seems reasonable to me that they'd use your application date to determine eligibility vs the date your Wg/CC signs it. Probably a ridiculous detail, but why give them a reason to deny you?

I've heard that grumbling as well...that it "creates an error"...however, my Sq/CC said he received it just fine. I'd imagine that error is if the wing sends it to AFPC early...it's not like this is a new application, anyone can apply for separation at any given time with the same form.........however, i realize i am trying to apply logic here.

I've heard that grumbling as well...that it "creates an error"...however, my Sq/CC said he received it just fine. I'd imagine that error is if the wing sends it to AFPC early...it's not like this is a new application, anyone can apply for separation at any given time with the same form.........however, i realize i am trying to apply logic here.

I haven't seen the form or heard about an error, I just thought that since it's auto-generated, it would list your application date as the day you hit submit, not the day it travels through the wing. I wouldn't have thought twice about it had the AFPC guy not mentioned it out of the blue in my email response.

You're right that logic probably won't apply here....

Talked to AFPC this afternoon. If you submitted anything early, the application will get invalidated. Also, she said to apply tomorrow anyway even though the email they just sent out says the window will open later. My CC inquired and said to wait to apply until the official window opens based on what he has been told. Unf-ing believable...

Judging by all the fielded calls we're handled these past two weeks asking about Reserve employment, I'm convinced you fuckers are gonna crash MyPers when that window opens up. Gonna make the healtcare.gov website look like Fiber Optic Broadband by comparison. Welcome back to 1992 everybody.

• Upvote 4

Judging by all the fielded calls we're handled these past two weeks asking about Reserve employment, I'm convinced you ######ers are gonna crash MyPers when that window opens up. Gonna make the healtcare.gov website look like Fiber Optic Broadband by comparison. Welcome back to 1992 everybody.

I'm just waiting for them to decide 11Ms really aren't eligible...

Talked to AFPC this afternoon. If you submitted anything early, the application will get invalidated. Also, she said to apply tomorrow anyway even though the email they just sent out says the window will open later. My CC inquired and said to wait to apply until the official window opens based on what he has been told. Unf-ing believable...

define submitted? sent to AFPC? sent to your CC? I just find it hard to believe multiple base MPSs said it's ok to submit early and they wouldnt send them til the window opened.

this was sent out by our CC today:

Officers,

The Voluntary Separation Pay, Reduction in Force and Force Shaping Boards are being revised at AFPC and have been placed on hold. The new window for application to AFPC is 'to be determined'. If you intend to apply for VSP, I encourage you to build your package and submit it to me as soon as possible. I will review the case and hold it awaiting further guidance from AFPC.
I am in contact with the other commanders on base multiple times daily regarding the Force Management Programs. We are forwarding our issues and concerns through the chain of command to AFPC, and will continue to do so over for duration of the drawdown.
Keep your head in the mission. You do important work.

So I just tried to submit my TERA application but only got as far as the "eligibility check."

According to the psdm which was just updated yesterday that's apparently all that can be done but it seems to me that if they wanted us to apply on 14 Jan these eligibility checks could have been done weeks ago

Am I missing something?

So I just tried to submit my TERA application but only got as far as the "eligibility check."

According to the psdm which was just updated yesterday that's apparently all that can be done but it seems to me that if they wanted us to apply on 14 Jan these eligibility checks could have been done weeks ago

Am I missing something?

Wow... so after AFPC decided who is eligible for TERA and then notifies the Commanders and the individuals that they are eligible for TERA and RIF (Merry Christmas), when you hit the "check retirement eligibility" button you get a message saying that AFPC needs to check if you are eligible and wiill get back to you in 10 days??? Yeah, looks like this is starting off well... I have every confidence that this will be a very smooth process for all involved!

Anyone else hearing rumblings that with the new budget released today that puts us back at pre-sequester levels, that this whole thing might be a big joke?

Are you being serious? Because that would be the icing on this cake of awesomeness

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

Someone commented on thePortal that when the SECAF gave her town-hall speech on AF portal she mentioned the 25K reduction. Not to mention she testified on capital hill the the AF is going to be getting smaller over the next ten years.

Anyone else hearing rumblings that with the new budget released today that puts us back at pre-sequester levels, that this whole thing might be a big joke?

During our mass brief last week our 3 star said that even if/when our funding is hunky-dory for the next year or 2, the AF expects things will be even more gruesome in the subsequent years, and they just want to take our lumps now and be done with it.

An af.mil article has already stated that despite the budget there would still be personnel cuts. Also, although the budget deal lowered the impact of the sequester, we are not back at pre-sequester levels. Hopefully the Air Force doesn't have to cut as much as they originally thought, but it's still going to happen.