MC-12 Crash in Afghanistan

The U.S. Air Force on Sunday said the coalition plane that crashed the day before in southern Afghan, killing four service members, was an MC-12 Liberty aircraft.

The twin-engine turboprop plane provides intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance, or direct support to ground forces. It crashed in Zabul province, about 110 miles (177 kilometers) northeast of Kandahar Air Field, the Air Force statement said.

The four Air Force service members, whose bodies were recovered, were deployed to the 361st Expeditionary Reconnaissance Squadron with the 451st Air Expeditionary Wing at Kandahar Air Field, the statement said. The cause of the accident is under investigation, but NATO has said initial reports indicate there was no enemy activity in the area where the plane went down.

http://www.navytimes.com/article/20130428/NEWS/304280007/MC-12-Liberty-crash-kills-4-airmen-Afghanistan

Exactly. And if the info was truly out that fast, it's somebody down-range. If some MF'r in my Squadron pulled that shit they'd be on the first rotator back to the flagpole. That really chaps my ass.

Shack. Don't ever be that guy.

To the crew. :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

Pilot was a friend and colleague from my last unit. First personal friend to be lost in the line of duty. Great guy--like others who have commented here and elsewhere, I couldn't find one negative thing to say about him. :beer:

4 X Nickels on the grass.

If anyone knows of any any wives and/or children, please let me know...if you have the contact info for the Family Liason Officer, that would be great.

River Rats are standing by to take care of those that may be left behind!

Cheers,

Cap-10

• Upvote 6