Auto Ground Collision Avoidance System Survey (Masters Program)

faip

Fellow Fighter, Bomber, and Attack pilots I am writing a paper for my final master's class on Auto Ground Collision Avoidance systems and I would greatly appreciate your participation completing a survey in order to help me complete that paper. If you have any military time in fighter, bomber or attack aircraft you can access this 15 question anonymous survey here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/67688D6

Thanks for your help. If you have any questions regarding the survey or project, please direct them to autogcas@yahoo.com

Maybe not GLOC, but falling asleep after eating a hot pizza out of the oven, while orbiting in the anchor...or while watching movies while in orbit. That shit can kill you!

Or helping to find a Viper driver after he ditched in the Pacific.

What is auto GCAS?

GCAS is Ground Collision Avoidance System. Its a system where the aircraft recovers itself if the computer thinks its going to pack it into the dirt. The systems I've seen are based on DTED (computer-stored terrain data). A few variations have been tested at Edwards over the years in the Viper. I'm not sure if its in the plan for the F-35. There's obvious discussion on when you do/don't want it and what margin(s) between dirt and auto recovery you want.

Edit: damn you, autocorrect

Edited by Dupe