Starting a Women in Aviation International chapter in San Antonio

VCQ09

I would really like to get a local chapter of Women in Aviation International up and running in San Antonio (the only other WAI chapters in TX are in Dallas and Houston). To do so, we would need at least 10 WAI members in the greater SA area.

Also, does anyone know of any other aviation-related websites where I'll have a chance of reaching potential members in the SA area?

Thanks,

VCQ

Edited by VCQ09

This can't be good, sounds like trolling. The Vice Presidents goal of this org is to get her PPL, gimme a break. And it's a male poster in the JASDAF, what could be true about this? I have a Nigerian bank proposition for you.

Edited by matmacwc

This can't be good, sounds like trolling. The Vice Presidents goal of this org is to get her PPL, gimme a break. And it's a male poster in the JASDAF, what could be true about this? I have a Nigerian bank proposition for you.

VCQ09 was at Komaki (in a different thread), and is presumably now safely back in the bosom (sts) of Big Blue.

As a former Exchange Officer myself, I can testify that the job isn't a permanent appointment...despite my best efforts. :moon:

Edited by Patcho

It is a legit organization. The $30 membership for students seems a little high, but it is a good way to meet hopefuls and people in the industry. They have a large pool of scholarships, but I think you can get access to those without being in WAI. I have paged through the magazine and it is of a little less quality than AOPA's Flight Training. Nuggets of knowledge, and sometimes poor articles. The Ninety-Nines is a really good organization, and they have a chapter in San Antonio. You need to be a rated pilot to be an actual member, or hold a student pilot certificate to be an associate. Same scholarships listed.

Given your offense at my assertion, and the obvious misinterpretation, I will, in this case, revise my original statement:

The board of directors is comprised of MOSTLY dudes.

Still wrong...where you going with this?

I recently joined WAI for the networking opportunities as well as the scholarships (you have to be a current member to apply); I would like to start working on a second master's in aeronautical science through Embry-Riddle after I knock out Squadron Officer School. Not many aviation enthusiasts where I'm currently at, so I'd love to be able to talk shop and connect. I will look into the Ninety-Nines.

Just to clear up any confusion: I was stationed in Japan last year working with JASDF Herk and Eagle drivers to prepare them for Cope North Guam and Red Flag Alaska (I'm USAF, not JASDF). I'd PCS back to Japan in a heartbeat (I may have a shot a couple of years down the road...)...beautiful country and culture. I still keep in touch with many of my JASDF pilots on FB.

VCQ