Closing the "poo ponds" at Kandahar

slackline

If someone wants to post up the link from the AF Times, but they're finally doing something about the worst placed sewage ponds in the world. Over the years I've logged over a year and a half smelling that crap at Kandahar! Finally fixing it hopefully.

No buy I did see a briefing about a Marine whose buddies paid him $1000 to jump in. Got himself a one way ticket to Landstuhl and third degree burns all over his body.

Was the poo pond on fire when he jumped in? Poo does not cause burns, just watch the monkeys at the zoo. Sounds like you were duped by DOD propaganda to keep you out of the poo pond.

This is how the army solves the problems at their COPs.

post-3479-0-52753500-1340023857_thumb.jp

No buy I did see a briefing about a Marine whose buddies paid him $1000 to jump in. Got himself a one way ticket to Landstuhl and third degree burns all over his body.

Heard this story too. I was working with guys from Navy and Army when I was there...they all got briefed the same thing.

• 2 weeks later...

One of my Medics contracted a GI infection that caused a hydraulics failure that lasted three weeks after going through there for R&R. Back in the states when he was in the hospital, the AF Dr asked him if he came through KAF.