US Aircraft Crashes in Djibouti, Four Fatalities

skinny

Thanks. I'll browse through all 142 pages to see if it clearly answers my question.

I was hoping you could make a PowerPoint...

Short answer, Part I is factual information and is releasable. It includes things like photos without analysis and names of people who were interviewed. It must not include analysis, privileged testimony, or findings. It is normally only released to the AIB.

Example: photo of cockpit panel with gear handle up is factual and releasable. Same photo with person's finger pointing to the gear handle is privileged and is not releasable.

If someone releases privileged information, they are subject to disciplinary action.

You can now log off your annual privilege brief...

Example: photo of cockpit panel with gear handle up is factual and releasable. Same photo with person's finger pointing to the gear handle is privileged and is not releasable.

So did anyone get disciplined for releasing that photo?

What photo? The one from the C-17 did not have a finger in it. Therefore, releasable, no disipline.

I wasn't referring to any specific incident. I could have said:

Photo of penny wedged in circuit breaker panel...releasable. Photo of finger pointing to penny wedged into circuit breaker panel...not releasable.

Just trying to make the difference between the SIB's Part I and Part II understandable.

I wasn't referring to any specific incident. I could have said:

Photo of penny wedged in circuit breaker panel...releasable. Photo of finger pointing to penny wedged into circuit breaker panel...not releasable.

Just trying to make the difference between the SIB's Part I and Part II understandable.

???? I wasnt talking about you. Did you see who's post I quoted?

snapback.pngSteve Davies, on 16 June 2012 - 07:15 AM, said:

So did anyone get disciplined for releasing that photo?

To which I responded: "What photo?"

• 2 months later...