Future Raptor Pilot

Dukeorions

Guest CombatWombat
Posting the guy's picture is crossing the line. Regardless of what you think of him he is one of us.

one of who? Pilot? Nope. An officer...sure. If you wanna play that game i'm sure there is a.CGOC forum somewhere.

Even if we call him one of us he is still a self promoting jackass. This is our community's version of a leaked sex tape and i think i speak for all of "us", sex tapes are funny.

Edited by CombatWombat
  • Upvote 1

one of who? Pilot? Nope. Even if we call him one of us he is still a self promoting jackass. This is our communities version of a leaked sex tape and i think i speak for all of "us", sex tapes are funny.

Squadron leadership of the dudes who leaked the bio didn't think it was funny.

Guest CombatWombat

fair enough. But endless ridicule is what 'us' do best. Edited by CombatWombat

Oh great, good luck to the first IP to give that guy a taco on a daily ride. That kid just secured himself unlimited 89s (assuming he can't fly worth sh*t). Standing by for the GO public apology letter and F-22 backseat incentive ride (I know there is no back seat...effect only)

Anyone considered the 1% chance that the dude wrote an over the top bio on purpose?

I say it's standard USAFA grad trying to be funny and doesn't realize that he really isn't funny. Saw several bios like that when I went through SPS. And we recruited the power tools from the zoo at EN.

*Disclaimer - I have zero problem with Academy grads. But you gotta admit, some of them are huge tools when they get to UPT.

I guess I don't see why people are wishing failure.

I can see people at an AETC base getting amped up over something as trivial as this because white jet bases are always out of touch with the real world.

But to see MR pilots hating on some kid trying to get a fighter smells like sour grapes.

Did this get leaked by an IP? If so, that's super fucked up.

The guy wants a fighter and says he thinks about it all the time to motivate himself to work hard to get one. BFD.

Seems like a lot of unresolved issues out there...

Long time reader, infrequent poster. But I'm not sure you have the right guy because he hasn't hit the flightline yet. He starts T-6s next week and is actually coming into my flight as we leave to start Phase III. I'm pretty pumped to hear how it all goes down once he starts since his bio has been spreading like wildfire. I still think it's a joke...but I really, really hope it's real.

Hmmm... You could be right, since I never actually saw the kid. Maybe he hadn't hit the flightline yet. But it's a legit bio from the base.

Trust but verify.

EDIT - If he flies well and isn't a goober, no one will care what this piece of paper says. On the other hand, if the dude has a bad attitude, just like anyone else, I'm sure that the IPs will squash him. Sarcasm and ridicule required - Ill will, not so much.

Edited by papajuice77

Guest CombatWombat
I guess I don't see why people are wishing failure.

I can see people at an AETC base getting amped up over something as trivial as this because white jet bases are always out of touch with the real world.

But to see MR pilots hating on some kid trying to get a fighter smells like sour grapes.

Did this get leaked by an IP? If so, that's super ######ed up.

The guy wants a fighter and says he thinks about it all the time to motivate himself to work hard to get one. BFD.

Seems like a lot of unresolved issues out there...

It has nothing to do with him wanting to succeed or fly a fighter. Shit most of us probably want to fly since we were young boys too.

This kid is a self licking ice cream cone that 1) lacks SA 2) has been in the AF for.5 secs 3) cannot write professionally about his abilities. There is a big difference in confidence and arrogance. At what point did he proof read his bio and "boy this is good, they are going to really get what I'm about." The assumption that he belongs in a fighter having never flown in the AF is unbelievably arrogant and too much like iron eagle for me!

Caveat: I get it that he made a mistake, hopefully he wont repeat it. He is young enough to bounce back.

It has nothing to do with him wanting to succeed or fly a fighter. Shit most of us probably want to fly since we were young boys too.

This kid is a self licking ice cream cone that 1) lacks SA 2) has been in the AF for.5 secs 3) cannot write professionally about his abilities. There is a big difference in confidence and arrogance. At what point did he proof read his bio and "boy this is good, they are going to really get what I'm about." The assumption that he belongs in a fighter having never flown in the AF is unbelievably arrogant and too much like iron eagle for me!

Ref point #1: All Lts in UPT lack SA. I would be suspect of your SA for not taking that into consideration.

Ref point #2: Yep, he is new. He is fired up. He wants to fly a fighter. he was asked to communicate that desire and he did so. That's exactly what we want to see from a new kid. Give him a fucking break. For further reference I would suggest you read this. Pay particular attention to what the author did to get a fighter out of pilot training.

Ref point #3: Now I know you are tumbleweed. Read your own posts. I cannot believe you would even say something about writing ability. BTW, I didn't see anything wrong with his writing ability.

Caveat: I get it that he made a mistake, hopefully he wont repeat it. He is young enough to bounce back.

The mistake was made by whomever in his chain of command leaked this. That's what should piss you off.

Edited by Rainman A-10

It's always the quiet or self deprecating guys who are actually decent at what they do. They don't brag because they don't have to.

I like it when we get a dude with a little swagger. Much more interesting than the wallflowers. I can't teach drive and killer instinct, but you can teach an aggressive young dude to fly a fighter.

Respectfully disagree Beaver. There is a large difference between aggressive and arrogant. It seems like the guys that are doing their best Maverick impressions are the guys that have the smallest confidence. It's the guy who is able to flip the switch and become a killer when he needs to that is the best fighter pilot. Perfect example of someone like that is Cael Sanderson (Only person to never lose a college wrestling match and 2004 Olympic Gold medalist). But I digress...

The mistake was made by whomever in his chain of command leaked this. That's what should piss you off.

I don't know the situation of how it came to be out, but back when I started UPT two years ago out bios were on a shared drive that all studs had access to. Also available were our official photos and hero shots. I know a couple wx days where we were sitting around a computer going thru peoples pics and having a good laugh.

Give the kid a break and admire his zeal to want to fly the badest jet and to be the best. When I was his age I was just like him before I was told nearsighted kids dont get wings, my dream was to fly a F-4E after I first saw the Thunderbirds in them over Lake Michigan during the Chicago Air Show.

Guest CombatWombat

Ref point #1: All Lts in UPT lack SA. I would be suspect of your SA for not taking that into consideration.

Ref point #2: Yep, he is new. He is fired up. He wants to fly a fighter. he was asked to communicate that desire and he did so. That's exactly what we want to see from a new kid. Give him a ######ing break. For further reference I would suggest you read this. Pay particular attention to what the author did to get a fighter out of pilot training.

Ref point #3: Now I know you are tumbleweed. Read your own posts. I cannot believe you would even say something about writing ability. BTW, I didn't see anything wrong with his writing ability.

Jesus. Yep my writing on baseops via smartphone=mfr to my superiors involving imaginary "MiGs", referencing burger flipping potheads and driving habits. Give me a break. Eye ######ing roll. He'll be a real chuck yeager all right. Slow your roll and reread the original post. Edited by CombatWombat