AF to chop C-27J?

fou

what kills me is they could have DONATED those planes to aviation technology schools for instruction, hell the avionics alone would have been a good teaching tool?

i get its a military aircraft, but strip out the countermeasures, comms, any things else sensitive and BFD?

I sat and watched the giant chopper take the wings off of these perfectly functional planes, and then fuse, tail, etc. Looked inside one right before they chopped them. Full avionics and everything. There was no attempt to salvage anything.

Edit: That was one week into my one year tour here. Coincidently, it is also when I ceased having any fucks to give.

The quicker you get to phase 5, the better off everyone is!

Ehh, don't worry about it...we'll make up for it with the new flat-rate per diem that was just established for TDYs that exceed 180 days!!!

http://www.af.mil/News/ArticleDisplay/tabid/223/Article/503463/af-to-implement-tdy-policy-changes.aspx

/sarcasm

I wonder how long it will take for this new policy to make up for the "nearly $500 million in U.S. funds spent on the program"...without doing the math, what's the over-under on that timeline reaching into the 100s of years? Putting them out on the Nellis range and letting me drop live (or inert) -12's on them would have been $$$ better spent...

Edited by ViperMan