Gucci Girls Fly Tanker

Whitman

I'm glad they got a chance to do this and think it's something they'll never forget. I just wish the media wouldn't sensationalize these "All Female XXX" stories. I get more satisfaction out of my accomplishments from within than on the front page of some news story.

Edited by Whitman

"Chemistry was different than normal" and "We were all on the same level." Sounds like they synced up.

On a different note, "2" on Whitman's response. I am glad they could put this together, especially because there is only one AD female FE, but the media just turns this into a attention getter instead of just letting the story be what it is.

• Upvote 1

"For this special event, they wore shoulder patches that said, “Gucci Girls; Unmanned KC-10 Flight.”

So, morale patches ARE authorized...if you're an all-female KC-10 crew flying AD and reservists on the same plane, for the first time?

If they're that good at unmanned flight...send 'em to Creech!

• Upvote 10

I do wish PA would stop emphasizing this crap. They should do more like the Navy did with the submarine crews.

Come Sept 30, be ready for the string of "first openly gay copilot/pilot/WSO/boom/FE/etc..." followed by "First all gay crew for F-15E/KC-10/B-52/Etc..."

Someone write a story about what a good time an all male crew had on their sortie.

Pawnman alluded to it above, but are you sure you're ready for that?

Seriously... these non-news stories really need to go.

The real problem is the lack of positive actual news stories about the Air Force. What should we push out to the world? "Tankers passed 100k of JP-8 to fighters orbiting over insurgency. Enemy was indistinguishable from local populace. No munitions were expended. The Air Force spent $2 Million in operations costs executing last night's ATO."

We may laugh at the fluff pieces put out by AF/PA. They're better than nothing at all.

I wonder if it matters to PA that all the troops who died on that CH-47 crash were all men. I wonder also if PA will do if we ever lose a jet and crew with a all female manifest.

Smart... very smart, USAF.

All girl crew + McClintock effect = Potentially the greatest weapon system known to man.

I think some of our Naval brothers can chime in on that effect underway.

• Upvote 4