Where have all the Giant Reports Gone?

Guest daniellenpope

Guest daniellenpope

Oh no! The old baseops.net access to the Airfield Suitability Reports has been yanked (I know they'e been warning us for a while but I was hoping it wouldn't happen).

Now we have to get GDSS2 accounts to get to the Giant reports. As a red-headed step child C130 rescue unit in ACC, we rely heavily on the Giant reports for CONUS planning. Any of you AMC bubbas feel like helping a sister out with the odds of/procedures for requesting a GDSS2 account?

I'd appreciate it a ton.

Oh no! The old baseops.net access to the Airfield Suitability Reports has been yanked (I know they'e been warning us for a while but I was hoping it wouldn't happen).

Now we have to get GDSS2 accounts to get to the Giant reports. As a red-headed step child C130 rescue unit in ACC, we rely heavily on the Giant reports for CONUS planning. Any of you AMC bubbas feel like helping a sister out with the odds of/procedures for requesting a GDSS2 account?

I'd appreciate it a ton.

Do you know who your UPAM is? They're the ones who can get you started. To fill out the Account Request form get on the portal > go to MAJCOMs > go to AMC > On the right hand side of the screen under Links you'll see "Global Decision Support System - General Information" click that it'll take you to the GDSS COP. Once in the COP go to Account Management. You'll see the request form if you have a UPAM. If you dont have a UPAM go to Account Request Process and it'll explain the process for setting up a UPAM.

Once the form has been submitted to AMC and you've submitted a SIPR email they'll email you your username and temp password.

Doesn't have to be SIPR email. As long as you can digitally sign and encrypt your regular email account, you should be good to go.

You have to send the form in that way... but they need either a SIPR number or email to send the login info to. At least that's what they told me two weeks ago after I locked my account and had to reset the password.

You have to send the form in that way... but they need either a SIPR number or email to send the login info to. At least that's what they told me two weeks ago after I locked my account and had to reset the password.

A couple of weeks ago they were having issues with their NIPR side e-mail, thats why they were doing the SIPR stuff. You should still be good to go with NIPR.

• 4 months later...

I was assisting a guy with his access, which he got. However, the information / page does not appear as it did in the past. I could not readily find the information in the same format as in the past. I am pretty sure we clicked on all the links, but could not what we were looking for. Anyone else with a better experience with the website?

Do you know who your UPAM is? They're the ones who can get you started. To fill out the Account Request form get on the portal > go to MAJCOMs > go to AMC > On the right hand side of the screen under Links you'll see "Global Decision Support System - General Information" click that it'll take you to the GDSS COP. Once in the COP go to Account Management. You'll see the request form if you have a UPAM. If you dont have a UPAM go to Account Request Process and it'll explain the process for setting up a UPAM.

Once the form has been submitted to AMC and you've submitted a SIPR email they'll email you your username and temp password.

Sounds like a simple process to me. Now, say you're launching out of "BFE" Africa's Holiday Inn and need access to a GIANT report and you don't fall under AMC's "giant" loving embrace...way to go AMC, you completely screwed many an AFSOC crewdog with this decision--others as well I'm sure. Don't forget to log-in every 60 days either, or else you are S.O.L.--make that every 30 days unless you plan on spending a considerate amount of time, effort, and sometimes money getting that account up and running again.

Sounds like a simple process to me. Now, say you're launching out of "BFE" Africa's Holiday Inn and need access to a GIANT report and you don't fall under AMC's "giant" loving embrace...way to go AMC, you completely screwed many an AFSOC crewdog with this decision--others as well I'm sure. Don't forget to log-in every 60 days either, or else you are S.O.L.--make that every 30 days unless you plan on spending a considerate amount of time, effort, and sometimes money getting that account up and running again.

Or the fact that even AMC bubbas are SOL when they are flying out of BFE without .mil access, which is required for the GIANT reports.

Or the fact that even AMC bubbas are SOL when they are flying out of BFE without .mil access, which is required for the GIANT reports.

Finally, someone agrees. How has this not exploded earlier? I thought this might be a thread to fix something EXTREMELY wrong with this thing, I'm sorry if I intruded on the intstructional access bit of it. But right now, the system is fooked beyond all belief--and I truly believe we are hampering future ops due to a contractual agreement. Especially for SOF ops. The only reason I have heard for change are contractual agreements. "we already paid them to make it this way, can't pay to change it." Yes. That is an actual quote from a GDSS2 operator. Good luck boys, GIANT would be nice, but let's go "SOF" on it, let's hope it stressed for us. Thanks a ton AMC. :violent-smiley-017::violent-smiley-017:

I was assisting a guy with his access, which he got. However, the information / page does not appear as it did in the past. I could not readily find the information in the same format as in the past. I am pretty sure we clicked on all the links, but could not what we were looking for. Anyone else with a better experience with the website?

You're launching on alert? Is time of the essence? GDSS2 support is on its way, "click on link after link and call for a renewed password as neccessary"......we'll get you on your way! Wait, you haven't logged in in over 30 days? Ahhh shit... its actually been more than 60....standby." "What's your SIPR? We can get you running again in less than a day....."

SCREW THIS NOISE....... HAS TO BE CHANGED!!!!!! I CANNOT believe it hasn't been fixed already. DON'T MAKE ME START TYPING IN CAPS AGAIN!

Rant off....I suppose if it only bothers me then so-be-it.....but I think it's f'd up. DONE.

Edited by JoeMamaSucka

The access is less than 30 days old. So, can anyone answer the question of where to find under all the links, the data that looks like the "old" GIANT report data?

Thanks

I am pretty sure we clicked on all the links, but could not what we were looking for.

Yet another flaw w/ the system. It sounds like you're having the same problem another pilot and I had a few weeks ago, and he somehow figured it out. The Giant Report info you're looking for isn't found under anything that looks like a normal link so unless you randomly click on the screen (which apparently this guy did out of frustration) and get lucky, you won't find it. Unfortunately, it's so user-unfriendly that I can't remember how to get to the right page without fumbling through it myself but basically, once you search for airfields and it comes up w/ a list, try clicking or double-clicking on the name of the airfield (again, even though it just looks like just text and not a link). Also, I think the section of the website it's in isn't the one you'd think (ie there's a section called something like "airport info" but it's not in that one). My memory could just be wrong on that though. If you still can't find it, let me know and I'll try to look it up when I'm at work this week and let you know exactly how, but don't hold your breath since that will mean trying to find one of the two people in the sq w/ an unlocked account. Maybe it makes sense to some people and they can easily find it, but it didn't to me. Hope that helps.

Rant off....I suppose if it only bothers me then so-be-it.....but I think it's f'd up. DONE.

No, it's not just you. I'm an AFSOC dude as well and this was a terrible decision by AMC. Especially absurd since our regs are written that we have to check GIANT reports that we now can't get access to. Definitely a decision with negative impact on the mission.

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

Wanted to reopen this to follow up on the new GDSS. I found out where exactly the GIANT reports are. Once you click on the Airfield Search, you right click on the airport and click on GIANT report. The problem is once you click on GIANT Report a window opens up but then closes immediately. Any solutions or ideas?

thx

Wanted to reopen this to follow up on the new GDSS. I found out where exactly the GIANT reports are. Once you click on the Airfield Search, you right click on the airport and click on GIANT report. The problem is once you click on GIANT Report a window opens up but then closes immediately. Any solutions or ideas?

thx

Check your pop-up blocker.

Check your pop-up blocker.

Yes of course I checked the pop up blocker. When i right click and then click on the NOTAMS or STIF Detail Report the page opens. it is only for the GIANT Report or Mission Planners Report it pops up for a second then closes. suggestions? I am currently deployed and needed some surveys. any help would be appreciated.

thx

this trick works for PEX, so it may work for GDSS: Hold down CTRL while you are clicking the link with the popup. Once the popup has popped up, then release CTRL.

this trick works for PEX, so it may work for GDSS: Hold down CTRL while you are clicking the link with the popup. Once the popup has popped up, then release CTRL.

stract, i appreciate the help so much, your a lifesaver. It worked using the control key. g2g! Thanks so much

Edited by ClemsonFlyBoy