Down Goes #4

Wits End

Boozie St. Ponies go down proving once again they DONT belong in the Top 10. The WAC is WHACK!!! :moon:

Once again? This is the first time they've lost in 2 seasons...they may not have a lot of competition week-in and week-out, but the kids win damn near every game they play and that's all they can do.

Edited by nsplayr

Guest Crew Report

Once again? This is the first time they've lost in 2 seasons...they may not have a lot of competition week-in and week-out, but the kids win damn near every game they play and that's all they can do.

Yeah, maybe if they quit being pussies and schedule some hard teams to play instead of barely DV-I schools.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Yeah, maybe if they quit being pussies and schedule some hard teams to play instead of barely DV-I schools.

I could care less about Boise St, but this statement is stupid.

They played Virginia Tech and Oregon St out of conference this year, and Oregon last year. Before you say "VT and Oregon St aren't that good this year", I'll tell you to keep in mind that OOC scheduling is usually done at least 5 years in advance. Who the F knows how good a team is going to be in 5 years?

Now if you're calling the WAC a crappy conference, well no shit. But it's not Boise's fault that most of their conference sucks. But props to Boise for actually leaving the WAC for the Mountain West next year. They could have stayed in the WAC for the next 69 years and gone to a BCS game every year, but they wanted to step up their competition.

So in short, you're retarded and should no longer post anything related to college football.

• Upvote 1

I know if I were a major D-I athletic director I'd be very hesitant to schedule a game with BSU. Their history of winning recently would make me cautious at best. That would be kind of like Michigan scheduling Appalachian St. again.

Same for the Big 10 and their automatic spot in the Rose Bowl. Mich State, Ohio State, and Wisconsin all 11-1, only 2 of them can even make the big bowls (i.e. one gets royally screwed), all three are in the top 10, but highest BCS rank (Wisconsin) will make the Rose Bowl. All 3 "share" the Big 10 title.

Gay...can we take the top 10 teams and have a freaking playoff already?

My solemn hope is that Oregon loses the season finale (despite that I sorta like Oregon), and Auburn and TCU play for the championship. If TCU wins, beating the unbeaten SEC champ, hopefully that will shut up the entire "we're soooo good" SEC and make the entire system explode. I kinda wanted BSU-TCU in the championship game but then people would still talk sh*t about neither of them being good. Whatever outcome makes the BCS die a horrible death faster is what I vote for...

The current system is exciting week-to-week, but it also kills hope. Oh, your team lost once, they are F-ed completely. No Cinderella stories like George Mason in NCAA basketball, no Jets from the NFL playoffs last year, none of it. There will be at least two undefeated teams from the automatic qualifying conferences almost every single year so if you lose a close game early on to another good school, your season is pretty much worthless if you were gunning for the title.

I could care less about Boise St, but this statement is stupid.

Agreed. The only reason I even like BSU is because everyone hates on them for being no good when all they do is win. This is America God damn it, winners should be celebrated. Let the best teams play each other at the end of the season and we can settle this on the field instead of in polls, computers, and sports talk shows.

Edited by nsplayr

Then there's the three way tie in the Big 12 south....BCS polls get to decide that one tomorrow. I hate the BCS.

Would you prefer the equally arbitrary coin flip that is the last-resort tiebreaker in the NFL?

The current system is exciting week-to-week, but it also kills hope. Oh, your team lost once, they are F-ed completely. No Cinderella stories like George Mason in NCAA basketball, no Jets from the NFL playoffs last year, none of it. There will be at least two undefeated teams from the automatic qualifying conferences almost every single year so if you lose a close game early on to another good school, your season is pretty much worthless if you were gunning for the title.

IMHO this is why I prefer college football to the NFL. Each game is meaningful--I have a hard time giving a crap about a Colts/Pats game in October when both are going to make the playoffs and not really decide things until 2 months later. And as much as I also would prefer a playoff system I also think it will be mired in just as much controversy. There's always going to be someone who will be on the outside looking in (i.e. a 1-loss Boise St wouldn't get an at-large bid over a 1-loss team from a major conference, or they're not going to let the MAC or Sun Belt champ qualify for the playoffs).

My solemn hope is that Oregon loses the season finale (despite that I sorta like Oregon), and Auburn and TCU play for the championship. If TCU wins, beating the unbeaten SEC champ, hopefully that will shut up the entire "we're soooo good" SEC and make the entire system explode.

Dude, you've always been disillusional but this one takes the cake! Go back and look at which conference has won the championship for the past four years running...yep, the SEC. And no matter if it's OSU or TCU, whoever goes up against Auburn is going to go home a loser. Bitch all you want, but the SEC produces champions every year, and it's not even the same teams!

And I don't understand the hatred for Boise State, it's a great school and has done well playing against decent opponents. Sure, they're not playing the toughest teams in the nation, but they are playing good football against some strong teams. Hell, I wish my alma mater's record was as good as theirs. Plus, as BADFNZ pointed out, they are moving up to a tougher conference instead of dominating the weaker one they're in. I hope they continue to do well, and this hatred is undeserved!

Cheers! M2

Dude, you've always been disillusional but this one takes the cake! Go back and look at which conference has won the championship for the past four years running...yep, the SEC. And no matter if it's OSU or TCU, whoever goes up against Auburn is going to go home a loser. Bitch all you want, but the SEC produces champions every year, and it's not even the same teams!

And I don't understand the hatred for Boise State, it's a great school and has done well playing against decent opponents.

Cheers! M2

A great school? You realize ITT Tech has a higher graduation rate than Boise State does right? Its Phoenix University with an athletic department. A good AD for sure, but when you only have to get up for 3 games all year you lose a lot of credibility. I'd love to see them take on a couple of ranked teams in one month and see how it goes.

Edited by pintail21

They (Boise State) could have stayed in the WAC for the next 69 years and gone to a BCS game every year, but they wanted to step up their competition.

Well, they're not going to a BCS game this year, and they're still in the WAC.

Same for the Big 10 and their automatic spot in the Rose Bowl.

Dude, the Big Ten doesn't get an 'automatic' spot in the Rose Bowl. The Rose Bowl is part of the BCS, so there is other criteria involved than just the old school 'always the Pac Ten vs the Big Ten'. Check out the website below...

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/19424/note-on-rose-bowl-selection-process

But the biggest crime of all....is that the Big East still gets an automatic BCS Bowl bid. With Boise State moving to the MWAC next year, I think they should get the automatic bid over the Big East.

I definitely respect the SEC...some of their fans are heinous but that's across the board. Their conference produces winners and you have to respect winners. That's why I want a non-automatic qualifying team to beat the SEC champion, because the SEC champion is almost universally looked upon as one of if the the best team out there, and I want someone from a smaller conference to beat them and make the system come crashing down upon itself. If BSU beat the Big 10 champ, everyone would just say "well the big 10 chokes anyways" which is somewhat true. The SEC is, for the most part, a bunch of winners and I want the system to die in the most dramatic way possible.

A great school? You realize ITT Tech has a higher graduation rate than Boise State does right? Its Phoenix University with an athletic department.

How is this germane to being good at football? I want athletes to graduate and respect schools that graduate smart kids, but I still respect schools that attract dumb athletic-freaks who go to the NFL 1-2 years later because they're good at what they're setting out to do, win football games.

I'd love to see them take on a couple of ranked teams in one month and see how it goes.

Like when they played #6 Virginia Tech on September 6th and #24 Oregon State on September 24th? Sounds like a couple of ranked teams in one month.

I get what you're saying, their strength of schedule isn't their best quality, but all you can do is beat the teams you play, it's up to school administrators, conference executives, etc. to determine what conference your school is in and what non-conference teams you play. I think they get respect for moving to a harder conference next year.

Dude, the Big Ten doesn't get an 'automatic' spot in the Rose Bowl. The Rose Bowl is part of the BCS, so there is other criteria involved than just the old school 'always the Pac Ten vs the Big Ten'. Check out the website below...

Ok, not an "automatic" bid. The game is still traditionally Big 10 vs Pac 10, but if one of those champs goes to the BCS championship game then it's possible for other teams to get there (i.e. like in 2003 or 2005). If neither the Big 10 or Pac 10 champs are going to the BCS championship game however, they will always play in the rose bowl from my understanding, which is what I meant by "automatic."

My solemn hope is that Oregon loses the season finale (despite that I sorta like Oregon), and Auburn and TCU play for the championship. If TCU wins, beating the unbeaten SEC champ, hopefully that will shut up the entire "we're soooo good" SEC and make the entire system explode. I kinda wanted BSU-TCU in the championship game but then people would still talk sh*t about neither of them being good. Whatever outcome makes the BCS die a horrible death faster is what I vote for...

Holy shit, how much crack have you been smoking? Auburn would absolutely destroy TCU. No one wants to see that matchup when Auburn-Oregon has the potential to be one of the best championship games of the last decade.

LSU won it all 3 years ago as a two loss team. One of those losses coming in November. Four of the twelve BCS champions have had a loss going in to the Championship Game.

Let the best teams play each other at the end of the season and we can settle this on the field instead of in polls, computers, and sports talk shows.

Damn right.

Holy shit, how much crack have you been smoking? Auburn would absolutely destroy TCU. No one wants to see that matchup when Auburn-Oregon has the potential to be one of the best championship games of the last decade.

I said "if" TCU won, which I would definitely not put money on. Both Auburn and Oregon are good teams and deserve to play for the Championship. However, TCU can say the same and they did all they could have done by going undefeated. I just hate the system for creating controversies where a team gets left out here or there almost every single year. Auburn fans should be with me here I'm pretty sure based on 2004.

You know why the champion in other sports is never a controversy (other than possible bad calls by referees)? Because this kind of sh*t is settled on the field in a playoff or tournament of some kind. If the NFL were the NCAA, the Patriots would have been the Super Bowl champions in 2007-2008...

It looks like the BCS is working fine to me!

Auburn moved to No. 1 from No. 2 and Oregon made the opposite move.

Auburn will beat South Carolina in the SEC championship, and then the only decision will be to see who will lose to the Tigers in the BCS championship game. TCU, Oregon, it doesn't matter, the outcome will be the same...

The real travesty in all of this is that an unranked, 7-4 UConn team is going to get a BCS game. The Big East needs to get it's auto bid pulled in a hurry - even if TCU joins up.

Boise St, who would mop the floor with UConn, will probably play in the - I'm not kidding here - "Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl".

What I hate about BSU is that damn neon blue field! It gives me a headache. The SEC rocks!! :rock:

I played all of my high school games on that field, cool in high school but not so much for a team trying to be taken seriously.

If BSU wanted to be taken seriously they would be scheduling as many top tier schools on the East and West coasts as possible. Where BSU keeps fucking up is that they are telling those schools that they will only play in Boise and few of the Big East, SEC, Pac-10, etc are going to come to Boise to play in a small stadium that doesn't sell out for a normal home game. Boise State needs to be scheduling as many tough away games as they can against schools other than the Oregon State, VT and BSU plays a cupcake schedule and the cause falls directly upon the shoulders of Gene Blaymeier, their AD. They do play Georgia in Athens next year and I think that will be an eye-opener for BSU as to just where they stand in the world. The last time BSU faced off against Georgia (2005) wasn't pretty and BSU began scheduling a bunch of mediocre schools they could run up the score against to make themselves look good in the national spotlight.

The last home game they sold out was Oregon a few years ago. They turn back tickets to away games and bowl games routinely, tickets that the other schools in bigger conferences would have sold in a day. Hell, the BSU President thinks that Idaho Vandal fans are "nasty and inebriated" (we just party more :drinking: ) and refused to travel to Moscow for this year's game. He would shit a brick if he ever bothered to watch a SEC game. Ohio State v. Michigan is a sight to see.

With TCU going to the Big East, MWC=WAC 2.0

The rest of the WAC will move up tot he MWC in a few years.

Edited by Vandal