New Fitness Program Reg

skinny

Search was exhausted prior to post...

I don't know about you guys but I'm pretty pumped about the super cool new patches as described below:

2.13. Recognition for Excellence. Members achieving and maintaining excellent FA scores are authorized to wear a patch on the right sleeve of their PT uniform shirt (IAW AFI 36-2903, Dress and Personal Appearance of Air Force Personnel) recognizing their accomplishment as follows:

2.13.1. Current Excellent. Members with a current FA score of ≥ 90 and meeting all component minimum requirements.

2.13.2. Sustained Excellent. Members with the most recent 4 or more tests over a continuous minimum 2-year period with FA scores ≥ 90 and meeting all component minimum requirements.

AFI36-2905 1 JULY 2010 24

2.13.3. Current Perfect 100. Members with a current FA score of 100.

2.13.4. Sustained Perfect 100. Members with the most recent 4 or more tests over a continuous minimum 2-year period with FA scores of 100.

Honestly what kind of BS is this? Don't give me a patch, give me a day off or a bonus. Not some ridiculous iron on pat on the back for not being a fat ass. I want the "mediocre, not dying any time soon" patch!

On another note, here's hoping it doesn't become mandatory like a RB. One more way for the alterations and MCSS to make a buck I s'pose.

Search was exhausted prior to post...

I don't know about you guys but I'm pretty pumped about the super cool new patches as described below:

Honestly what kind of BS is this? Don't give me a patch, give me a day off or a bonus. Not some ridiculous iron on pat on the back for not being a fat ass. I want the "mediocre, not dying any time soon" patch!

On another note, here's hoping it doesn't become mandatory like a RB. One more way for the alterations and MCSS to make a buck I s'pose.

If they make it mandatory, I'll do my best to start scoring an 89 on all my tests. I had a personal goal of hitting 90 on my next one (the run is the bane of my existence, but after 3 months of running every day in a deployed location, I'm seeing real improvement). But if they make it mandatory to wear a goddam patch on my PT gear, I'm going to lose alot of motivation to strive for those "excellent" scores.

If they make it mandatory, I'll do my best to start scoring an 89 on all my tests. I had a personal goal of hitting 90 on my next one (the run is the bane of my existence, but after 3 months of running every day in a deployed location, I'm seeing real improvement). But if they make it mandatory to wear a goddam patch on my PT gear, I'm going to lose alot of motivation to strive for those "excellent" scores.

If we could loose the reflective belt if we scored above a 90 I bet 99.99% of the AF would score a 100.

If they make it mandatory, I'll do my best to start scoring an 89 on all my tests.

How could it possibly be mandatory? Do you think the shoes will carry a list of names and pictures with them of who scored a 90? They could make it mandatory per the regs, but I'd like to see them try to enforce it.

Now if they really wanted to see people do better, give them some of those GPS running watches or something cool fitness related that guys might actually like for getting a 100.

How could it possibly be mandatory? Do you think the shoes will carry a list of names and pictures with them of who scored a 90? They could make it mandatory per the regs, but I'd like to see them try to enforce it.

Now if they really wanted to see people do better, give them some of those GPS running watches or something cool fitness related that guys might actually like for getting a 100.

Just like they enforce blues on Monday...you think your commander doesn't know who did and didn't get above a 90 on their PFT? Then again, your commander may feel the same way about this as you...in which case, lucky you.

Just saying.

We have this in the Army, but it is not done by officers.

Its basically a patch the size of a silver dollar you wear on the wind suit jacket. Not overly "hey look at me" retarded or anything.

• 11 months later...

Don't give me a patch, give me a day off or a bonus.

Mention this to your CC. Ours gives a two-day pass for >90 and 1 day for any improvement of 5 points. May not seem like a lot but making a weekend four days long can be a good deal. Our Sq has seen a quite an upswing in "Excellents." Sometimes you have to incentive-ize things to motivate people.

My response to the article comments:

Instead of wasting time searching for loop holes/complaining about the test, spend a few more minutes running or preparing healthy meals. IMO, the number one barrier to passing (note "passing," not "maxing") this test is weight. It's my anecdotal observation that failure has a direct correlation to weight: you're fat, you fail.

Please don't respond with "I'm too busy to work out or eat healthy." We all are, yet most of us still pass the test.

The last bullet was the one I found interesting...no more patches for 90+ scores.

Shucks! I proudly wear my patch every Friday... Seriously, there is (was) a patch for scoring a 90+?!?

Edited by Pancake

We have this in the Army, but it is not done by officers.

Its basically a patch the size of a silver dollar you wear on the wind suit jacket. Not overly "hey look at me" retarded or anything.

Like the Presidential Physical Fitnes patches we used to sew onto our jackets as little kids?

Nice.

presidential-physical-fitness-award-patch-298x3001.jpg

Shucks! I proudly wear my patch every Friday... Seriously, there is (was) a patch for scoring a 90+?!?

When I completed the test the guy made a big deal about my excellent score and said I should go by clothing sales on my way out and pick up a patch...I chose to go to the Class Six instead.

• Upvote 1

I knew there was supposed to be a patch but had never heard of anyone offering them, seeing them, or speaking of them in the real world. Thank god they changed it b/c why the F would I want to wear some kind of boy scout merit badge on my reflective shorts?

I knew there was supposed to be a patch but had never heard of anyone offering them, seeing them, or speaking of them in the real world. Thank god they changed it b/c why the F would I want to wear some kind of boy scout merit badge on my reflective shorts?

cmon nsplayr, you know you are jealous of all the guys sporting the "centurion" tab