Classic Thread - Blues pants w/ civilian attire?

Guest Tracer_Tong

I wonder what the regs say about the Blues pants/PT Shirt combo?....I was getting a lot of weird looks this morning at PT but they are a heck of a lot more flexible than they look. Nice and warm too! :thumbsup:

Brings back a field training memory of a fellow flight mate being told by the FTO that he needed to get out in the hall "right now" to answer a (somewhat serious) question, the FTO was quite pissed.

After the cadets first retort of "I don't think that's gonna be possible right now" since we were in the midst of changing from Blues to PTs, the FTO demanded his immediate presence anyway.

Very next thing the cadet was in the hall with blues shirt tucked into his pt shorts with garter straps still attached to black socks.

FTO instantly forgot why he was pissed in the first place.

FYI: the fact they are uniform pants doesn't matter. The USAF Blue pants are nearly identical to the United Airlines pants.

The question is really: is it acceptable to go out for a social event dressed in blue polyester pants?

And Spoo: what the hell is wrong with my long braided belt as long as I wear it with a Polo?

Edited by Huggyu2

<This was inspired by a guy I just saw walking down the hall...awesome.>

Tracer, I'm concerned.

It is January - what if it's cold out? Simple. Wear your leather jacket, minus command patch and nametag. It's super-Fonzi cool and I've seen it done many times. In fact, saw a guy about an hour ago with it on. And don't tell me you don't have one, everybody has one now.

And Spoo: what the hell is wrong with my long braided belt as long as I wear it with a Polo?

Huggy, please...I've been TDY with you. When you're not in the same flight suit you've been wearing for 3 days, your wearing that new retro service dress coat/leisure suit you're so proud of. It has it's own belt.

So, I recently got a job at jiffey lube. Do you think it's OK if I wear my flightsuite as over-alls if I take the patches off? I'll leave the rank on though...

Go for it. However, wearing the flight suit as over-alls regarldess of rank or not is only legit if you have a jiffy lube approved nametag.

So, I recently got a job at jiffey lube. Do you think it's OK if I wear my flightsuite as over-alls if I take the patches off? I'll leave the rank on though...

It depends on your rank. If you're an Lt, expect to take some sh*t. But if you're a Capt, well, then line those dudes up and remind them who they work for!

Wear your leather jacket, minus command patch and nametag. It's super-Fonzi cool and I've seen it done many times.

This is an early developmental stage of the international airline captain.

In later stages this species is readily identifiable in urban settings by its company leather jacket (nametag removed), jeans, white tennis shoes, and white socks.

The international airline captain displays identical plumage worldwide, convinced that it blends with its environment. Oblivious to irony, it has regularly been observed offering insight on international customs and culture while eating a hamburger at an outback steakhouse. This behavior has been officially documented in Singapore, Penang, China, and Japan, but has been widely observed worldwide.

When in confined spaces such as flight deck or third world bar, aircrew should be alert for repetitive conversational openers, such as "when I was the OG at ###" or "back when i was a base commander". Use caution, extended exposure may result in drowsiness, coma, seizure, and/or choking.

Edited by 60 driver

Notice there hasn't been any posts by Tracer since the first one?

My guess is Tracer Tong wore his blues pants, which got him hooked up with a Playboy caliber, bisexual woman who is addicted to sex and has kept him in bed the past few days. She's probably already invited over her best friends to have a threesome with him and to keep him occupied while making him a sandwich.

Just a theory...

My guess is Tracer Tong wore his blues pants, which got him hooked up with a Playboy caliber, bisexual woman who is addicted to sex and has kept him in bed the past few days. She's probably already invited over her best friends to have a threesome with him and to keep him occupied while making him a sandwich.

Just a theory...

If so then our intrepid Tracer had the last laugh!

Just a theory...

It's true.

The international airline captain displays identical plumage worldwide, convinced that it blends with its environment. Oblivious to irony, it has regularly been observed offering insight on international customs and culture while eating a hamburger at an outback steakhouse. This behavior has been officially documented in Singapore, Penang, China, and Japan, but has been widely observed worldwide.

When in confined spaces such as flight deck or third world bar, aircrew should be alert for repetitive conversational openers, such as "when I was the OG at ###" or "back when i was a base commander". Use caution, extended exposure may result in drowsiness, coma, seizure, and/or choking.

Important safety tip for us old guys who will eventually (hopefully) make the transition to flying in something other than a flight suit.

Although, living overseas rapidly breaks one of the t-shirt/Levi's/tennis shoe wardrobe. Unfortunately, the re-living former glories part has to be un-learned.

• 2 months later...

evidently it IS fashionable for marines to wear their ABU equivelent to Disturbed/Killswitch Engage concerts. Bastards even picked up chicks with em too...

I saw stranger things there too. like a guy in a Kung-Fu Panda full mascot constume. and I saw a chick wearing a Prom Dress style outfit. I thought that was kind of odd for the occasion.

P.S. I know there is a thread that specifically discusses Navy Guys wearing their uniforms out to bars and what not, but I couldn't find it. This was the closest thing I could find.

Edited by AEWingsMN

Proper grammer in this case (woman making you a meal consisting of two pieces of bread and meat/cheese) is SAMMICH.

i.e. "Go make me a sammich!"

Food for thought. Ha.

Chuck

Noted- I stand corrected. :thumbsup: