Classic Thread - Blues pants w/ civilian attire?

Guest Tracer_Tong

Guest Tracer_Tong

I apologize, I'm a complete n00b at this.

I just can't find my regular dress slacks for some formal meeting tonight (I dunno where the heck it went). I'm wondering if it's against regs to wear my AF blues slacks if I'm wearing a civilian belt, civilian shirt, civilian tie, and dress shoes.

Thanks.

I would advise against doing any such thing, and instead recommend that you take the time you've spent seeking an answer online to either:

A) Go buy a new pair of pants

B) Ask a friend to borrow a pair of pants

C) Do anything BUT wear your horrible polyester blue things in public in anything other than a complete uniform

Just my opinion. :nob:

Seriously people. Quit giving bad advice to people who really just want an honest answer.

Tracer Tong, how formal of an event is this? I think you should take off the name tag, lapels and ribbon from the jacket. That way you can wear the whole suit. Just do not wear a brown belt and shoes.

Edited by lloyd christmas

Seriously people. Quit giving bad advice to people who really just want an honest answer.

Tracer Tong, how formal of an event is this? I think you should take off the name tag, lapels and ribbon from the jacket. That way you can wear the whole suit. Just do not wear a brown belt and shoes.

You tell everyone to quit giving bad advice and then proceed to give the worst of all. Way to go. :rainbow:

I would rent a bad tux a la Jim Carrey in Dumb and Dumber before I wore my blues as a suit. Or wore them period.

OK, this poor dude is probably more confused than before he asked his question; so I'll be kind and set him straight.

Is it against a USAF reg to do so? Probably.

Does it matter? No.

Should you wear them? If you must.

Will anyone notice? Likely, but just because no one has worn pants like that since 1972.

Bottom line - If you have no other option to get a decent set of slacks, then go for it. It'll look a bit gay; but if there are no other choices than there really isn't much you can do now, is there?

Hope that helps, and whatever you do, make sure no one takes your picture!

Cheers! M2

Whoa!

I'm starting to get the feeling I'm the only guy that wears his blues pants on a daily basis... like when I'm lounging around the house; or going to the strip club; or going grocery shopping and want all the young moms to check out my ass.

Back me up guys... right? Guys?

You think he should go with brown shoes? I think he should just wear the black ones, but with a regular belt. The uniform belt is uniquely military, and might give him away.

Guest ski&fly fast

Okay- You can buy a new pair of slacks at Kohls or most large stores for less than 20 bucks that will look a lot nicer, while not losing respect for yourself. Also, it seems like this was kind of a last minute problem, but you still had time to consult an online forum like baseops? Right, sounds like a lot of :rainbow: ness going on here-- But honestly take Loyd's advice "I think you should take off the name tag, lapels and ribbon from the jacket. That way you can wear the whole suit. Just do not wear a brown belt and shoes." Wear your whole service dress but make sure to follow the advice-- especially those BROWN shoes!!!

But honestly take Loyd's advice "I think you should take off the name tag, lapels and ribbon from the jacket. That way you can wear the whole suit. Just do not wear a brown belt and shoes." Wear your whole service dress but make sure to follow the advice-- especially those BROWN shoes!!!

And don't forget to wear your reflective belt. Remeber: "Safety is #1 in the Air Force, and if you wear your reflective belt, you'll be #2!"

Along those lines, if I were wearing my ABU blouse, my blues plants, AND my reflective belt, would I be out of regs because I am wearing three uniform items? I need to know quickly because I'm about to go to the O Club and it's dark outside.

This must be a record - less than 24 hours and I've already credited the thread with a rename.

Solid work, Tracer Tong.

I'd like to thank all of the producers for allowing me to be part of such an awesome project. And of course, we couldn't have done it without the amazing writing talents and visionary thought of Tracer. This award's for you, buddy!

How did i miss this thread?

I would rather go pantsless than to wear my Mike Brady blues pants in civilian attire. Everytime I see myself in the mirror wearing my blues pants and a v-neck t-shirt, I'm like- "who the f#ck is that?"

You are better off pantsless or missing whatever the occassion is by faking debilitating diarrhea.

Guest AFlyer55
Like Happy Gilmore said, "If I saw myself in clothes like that, I'd have to kick my own ass."

Being in the Air Force requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. He's probably in the Air Force ... HUGE ass!

Before I submit any advice, I have a question for Tracer: When you go out on the town, does your attire include the items listed below?

- Polo shirt (w/ or w/o unit insignia on left breast)

- Blue jeans that just barely, but sensibly, touch the top of your shoes

- Braided belt with excess length fashionably looped and draped

- White reeboks polished to a high gloss.

- Accessories that include giant G-Shock watch (duh) and AF-issue silver frame specs

(Maybe substitute said polo for squadron T-shirt or cool black airshow T displaying an F-22 flying across a futuristic grid.)

If the answer is yes, and I know it is - I saw you on the Riverwalk the last time I was TDY in San Antonio, go for it. What do you have to lose? Seriously dude, what possible shirt & tie combination could you have that make blues pants a viable option? Take the money you saved when you got "totally wasted", while not buying any rounds at the bar, and head to Wal-mart.

Edited by Spoo

Before I submit any advice, I have a question for Tracer: When you go out on the town, does your attire include the items listed below?

- Polo shirt (w/ or w/o unit insignia on left breast)

- Blue jeans that just barely, but sensibly, touch the top of your shoes

- Braided belt with excess length fashionably looped and draped

- White reeboks polished to a high gloss.

- Accessories that include giant G-Shock watch (duh) and AF-issue silver frame specs

(Maybe substitute said polo for squadron T-shirt or cool black airshow T displaying an F-22 flying across a futuristic grid.)

there is one on every crew and they always want to go out.

I wonder what the regs say about the Blues pants/PT Shirt combo?....I was getting a lot of weird looks this morning at PT but they are a heck of a lot more flexible than they look.

And I bet they don't make that horrendous swishing sound when you run.