WTF? (**NSFW**)

slacker

So not only is 12/21/12 the end of the world, 11/11/11 mumbo jumbo is tied to it as well: http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/11/11/111111-is-date-tied-to-mayan-apocalypse/?test=faces

On Dec. 22nd next year when we're all still drinking beer, can we be done with this end of the world crap, or are they just going to pick another date, and on and on and on.....WTF?

So not only is 12/21/12 the end of the world, 11/11/11 mumbo jumbo is tied to it as well: http://www.foxnews.c...pse/?test=faces

On Dec. 22nd next year when we're all still drinking beer, can we be done with this end of the world crap, or are they just going to pick another date, and on and on and on.....WTF?

"If it seems like the 2012 mythology was thought up by people on drugs, it's because it was," Hoopes said.

###### the Mayans.

Edited by Grind

I'm sure people will line up to defend him but there was a culture of cover up that is unacceptable.

See ya.

boX16.jpg

Who in their right mind does not call the Police when you hear of a child (or children) being molested? Sickening. I'm sorry if I see a co-worker having inappropriate contact with a child, while naked in the shower, I'm not going to my boss; I'm beating the shit out of someone and calling the authorities right then and there.

That is what is so incredibly screwed up about this whole story. So many people witnessed Sandusky raping little kids and did nothing, What is even more ######ed up is that Sandusky knew people were looking at him. This leads me to believe he either wanted to be caught and no one did anything or he just continued on because no one did anything. It is not exactly shocking that his next move was to start pimping the kids out. He was probably calling donors saying "Yeah, seriously. You can have sex with these kids right out in the open in front of everyone. I really did not believe it either until after the twenty-fifth time."

At any rate, this all happened in the past and Joe Paterno has been so successful winning all those championships. Not even sure why it is even an issue now...

/sarcasm

Edited by Masshole

This is one that pisses me off. I am former Air Force, my daughter is an Army medic and I raise and donate money to send supplies care packages to troops; this guy needs to spend some time in some front line desert $hithole. Between the crap at Penn State and guys like this, what 7uck is happening in this country!

http://boston.barstoolsports.com/featured/does-this-look-like-the-face-of-a-suffolk-law-professor-who-hates-our-troops-and-thinks-soldiers-are-murderers-who-are-unworthy-of-our-support/

Guest Hueypilot812

Here's the story in the link above...apparently someone at Suffolk Law School sent out an email soliciting donations for care packages for those serving overseas. In particular, a Suffolk Law School student is currently overseas and that is what prompted the solicitation in the first place. This is the response from one Professor Michael Avery:

“I think it is shameful that it is perceived as legitimate to solicit in an academic institution for support for men and women who have gone overseas to kill other human beings. I understand that there is a residual sympathy for service members, perhaps engendered by support for troops in World War II, or perhaps from when there was a draft and people with few resources to resist were involuntarily sent to battle.

That sympathy is not particularly rational in today’s world, however. The United States may well be the most war prone country in the history of civilization. We have been at war two years out of three since the Cold War ended. We have 700 overseas military bases. What other country has any? In the last ten years we have squandered hundreds of billions of dollars in unnecessary foreign invasions. Those are dollars that could have been used for people who are losing their homes due to the economic collapse, for education, to repair our infrastructure, or for any of a thousand better purposes than making war. And of course those hundreds of billions of dollars have gone for death and destruction.

Perhaps some of my colleagues will consider this to be an inappropriate political statement. But of course the solicitation email was a political statement, although cast as support for student activities. The politics of that solicitation are that war is legitimate, perhaps inevitable, and that patriotic Americans should get behind our troops.

We need to be more mindful of what message we are sending as a school. Since Sept. 11 we have had perhaps the largest flag in New England hanging in our atrium. This is not a politically neutral act. Excessive patriotic zeal is a hallmark of national security states. It permits, indeed encourages, excesses in the name of national security, as we saw during the Bush administration, and which continue during the Obama administration.

Why do we continue to have this oversized flag in our lobby? Why are we sending support to the military instead of Americans who are losing their homes, malnourished, unable to get necessary medical care, and suffering from other consequences of poverty? As a university community, we should debate these questions, not remain on automatic pilot in support of the war agenda."

One thing I noticed, along with the normal anti-US drivel, was this leftist myth that the United States is the only nation that has overseas bases. I suggest they look at Kant Air Base in Kyrgyzstan, or even our own Holloman AFB in the United States as examples that the US is not the only nation with overseas bases. Perhaps we're the most prolific, but certainly not the only one. That and when they quote these fantastically high numbers (like 700 bases, etc), realize that they are typically also including locations such as US embassies that have military attaches...in my mind that doesn't count as a "base", but to the lefty loons out there they are willing to use even the presence of ONE servicemember in another country as evidence of yet another "US overseas base".

Anyways, my lecture for the day is done. I think the website has the douche's email address.

Here's the story in the link above...apparently someone at Suffolk Law School sent out an email soliciting donations for care packages for those serving overseas. In particular, a Suffolk Law School student is currently overseas and that is what prompted the solicitation in the first place. This is the response from one Professor Michael Avery:

One thing I noticed, along with the normal anti-US drivel, was this leftist myth that the United States is the only nation that has overseas bases. I suggest they look at Kant Air Base in Kyrgyzstan, or even our own Holloman AFB in the United States as examples that the US is not the only nation with overseas bases. Perhaps we're the most prolific, but certainly not the only one. That and when they quote these fantastically high numbers (like 700 bases, etc), realize that they are typically also including locations such as US embassies that have military attaches...in my mind that doesn't count as a "base", but to the lefty loons out there they are willing to use even the presence of ONE servicemember in another country as evidence of yet another "US overseas base".

Anyways, my lecture for the day is done. I think the website has the douche's email address.

Do they have his actual address? Shame if that should find its way to one of our overseas bases filled with murderers and TCNs.

One thing I noticed, along with the normal anti-US drivel, was this leftist myth that the United States is the only nation that has overseas bases.

It's actually more of a hardcore libertarian stance (myth) rather than a leftist stance. You see a lot of the same sentiments on most of the libertarian boards.

Guest CAVEMAN

It's actually more of a hardcore libertarian stance (myth) rather than a leftist stance. You see a lot of the same sentiments on most of the libertarian boards.

You know I was just going to say it sounded much like Ron Paul then I read your post.

Prof. Michael Avery

Suffolk University Law School

120 Tremont Street , Suite 380-E

Boston, MA 02108-4977

t. 617-573-8551

Have at it, folks.

He can go ###### himself. I will drop off a care package for him containing a dildo, latex gloves, lube, and anything else you might suggest.

True a libertarian wouldn't like the bases over seas, etc... But they wouldn't care about people freely donating their money for care packages.

Good point...isolationism + moral problem with war = leftist, isolationism + freedom of action for other = libertarian within the bounds of this argument.

What a douche BTW.

Guest Hueypilot812

Having a few friends that consider themselves Libertarian, they are against having overseas bases and our foreign policy in general, but they don't regard our troops as murderers and would support them.

He can go ###### himself. I will drop off a care package for him containing a dildo, latex gloves, lube, and anything else you might suggest.

###### the lube, make him suffer.

Having a few friends that consider themselves Libertarian, they are against having overseas bases and our foreign policy in general, but they don't regard our troops as murderers and would support them.

I'm talking hardcore libertarians. For example "Lew" Rockwell- the president of the Ludwig von Mises Institute. He runs this hardcore libertarian website: http://lewrockwell.com/

With such gems as:

Honor? A soldier is just a nationally certified hit-man, perfectly amoral. When he joins the military he agrees to kill anyone he is told to kill, regardless of whether he has previously heard of the country in which he will kill them or whether the residents pose any threat to him or his. How is this honorable? It is cause for lifelong shame.

In conflict with foreigners, he will burn, bomb, rape and torture indiscriminately. His is the behavior of feral dogs, which humans closely resemble.

http://lewrockwell.com/reed/reed212.html

boX16.jpg

That is what is so incredibly screwed up about this whole story. So many people witnessed Sandusky raping little kids and did nothing, What is even more ######ed up is that Sandusky knew people were looking at him. This leads me to believe he either wanted to be caught and no one did anything or he just continued on because no one did anything. It is not exactly shocking that his next move was to start pimping the kids out. He was probably calling donors saying "Yeah, seriously. You can have sex with these kids right out in the open in front of everyone. I really did not believe it either until after the twenty-fifth time."

At any rate, this all happened in the past and Joe Paterno has been so successful winning all those championships. Not even sure why it is even an issue now...

/sarcasm

What irks me the most is seeing PSU students all lined up outside Paterno's house praying, like he's a victim or something. I understand the man had a legacy there in sports, but once the molestation and fornication of underaged, underprivileged boys occurs on your watch, and you do NOTHING to stop it, all that shit goes out the window IMO. I can only hope and pray that Sandusky, Paterno, and whom ever else was involved get do to some hard time, and "get a taste of their own medicine" from some well hung, undersexed, lifer in state prison.

• Upvote 1

Guest Hueypilot812

I'm talking hardcore libertarians. For example "Lew" Rockwell- the president of the Ludwig von Mises Institute. He runs this hardcore libertarian website: http://lewrockwell.com/

I'd argue that he's probably on the extreme end of that viewpoint and doesn't seem to represent the majority that I know who consider themselves Libertarian. I've heard far more people who consider themselves "Leftist" ascribe to that thought process.

With such gems as:

http://lewrockwell.c...ed/reed212.html

Rape? What is this, 1944 Berlin? That whole sentence is nonsense, but rape? Come on. That's a little absurd, unless I'm not up and up on the rape stories of our oversees soldiers, but, I don't think our boys want anything to do with those sandy broads.

But meh, to each their own (opinion).

Guest Hueypilot812

But meh, to each their own (opinion).

It's interesting to note that this douche admits to wanting nothing to do with the military, but then writes an entire article about what it's like to be in the military...that we do it as sort of a tribal method of beating our chest. Wouldn't have a damn thing about doing something for our nation or anything...it's all about having a constant rush and feeling masculine.

With such gems as:

http://lewrockwell.com/reed/reed212.html

He's not necessarily discussing AMERICAN soldiers.

He's not necessarily discussing AMERICAN soldiers.

What other nations use "OO-RAH!" (the title of the piece) as a motivational cry?

He is an American so when he says "our troops in places like Afghanistan" which nation do you think he means?

"And it is why the Pentagon is repeatedly surprised when after the swoosh and scream of the jets over Kabul, or Quang Tri, or Baghdad"

Pentagon: check

Kabul: check

Quang Tri: check

Baghdad: check

Yep, seems to be referencing the US military here.

He also references: “Death from Above!” “The most dangerous thing in the world is a Marine with his rifle.” - Both, I believe, are US military slogans.

It is apparent to me that he is necessarily discussing American soldiers.

...that we do it as sort of a tribal method of beating our chest.

...it's all about having a constant rush and feeling masculine.

I think that's fair. I won't deny those were a couple things I enjoyed about serving my country. I'm also not ashamed about it.

And to anyone who says they have a problem with that I say "no problem, it was my pleasure and you're welcome" and press on.

What irks me the most is seeing PSU students all lined up outside Paterno's house praying, like he's a victim or something. I understand the man had a legacy there in sports, but once the molestation and fornication of underaged, underprivileged boys occurs on your watch, and you do NOTHING to stop it, all that shit goes out the window IMO. I can only hope and pray that Sandusky, Paterno, and whom ever else was involved get do to some hard time, and "get a taste of their own medicine" from some well hung, undersexed, lifer in state prison.

To hell with PSU students. I cannot believe the sheer amount of retards there. Paterno is on his death bed so there is no sense in sticking him in jail. I hope they take his win record away though.