Leadership at the 'Deid

Toro

Have we gone completely fncking insane?? These guys issuing these orders do realize WE'RE FIGHTING A ######ING WAR, RIGHT? You know, that phrase "loss of confidence in ability to lead" seems to have been thrown around alot lately. Well, I am well passed the point of having "lost confidence in the ability to lead" of whoever is issuing these bumble###### directives. How come the good guys get axed and the fnckwits get to stick around and make up more dumb shit?

I should also note that even General Patton made his troops wear ties into battle. The difference with him is that he told his troops to do it and they respected him enough to comply.

"You know, Hitler had pieces of flare that they made the Jews wear."

--Office Space

I have departed the Deid forever. I will be conducting a ceremonial belt burning on my porch tonight for Halloween.

I will post pictures.

I would print the pictures out and post them around here... But I'm afraid I'd get in trouble for having morale.

I can't help but to think of the pictures from WWII and 'Nam of all the folks on the front lines and at firebases. Hell, even Desert Storm.

How on earth did they fight a war. A FRIGGIN WAR! with all those uniform violations?

Damned right.

Crew chiefs in Qatar (of all places...) after work, Desert Storm 1991.

d40.jpg

Please note that this email was sent out less than 24 hours after 30 of our fallen warriors transited this base and were given full military honors by hundreds of people. Quite a sobering and somber event, I must say. Names erased to protect the innocent and names XXXXX'ed out to hide those who have lost mission focus.

I am no Mao Tse Tung, but I am open to suggestions on our next move in this "resistance" movement of ours. Letters to any newspapers??? Legal actions with regards to being denied food (you can tell how he is trying to cover his legal ass by saying they are not denying food, simply enforcing uniform rules)???

By the way, does anyone have the regulation that says a base can't deny TDY people food for any reason? I heard it exists, but I am not a reg expert.

Just flew with the [unnamed O-5] out here at the Deid...and he's as upset about this as anyone else. Because he knows there's no stopping it, and he knows that squadron commanders are goddamn busy actually, you know, fighting the WAR...he suspects that when squadron commanders can't find the time in their schedules between running their squadrons and going to Wing meetings out here that he will be tasked, along with the rest of the Wing staff, to provide bodies for these "RAMS" and "checkpoints". And he really, really doesn't want to be "that guy" who is turning people away from teh chow hall for not having a reflective belt...but what can you do when the policy is put out by a one-star?

Edited per Disco's suggestion.

Edited by pawnman

Guest backofthebus

Lets start by having the 1st RAM at the muff...Let the Vice Wing commander himself man the entrance and turn away his people.

Please note that this email was sent out less than 24 hours after 30 of our fallen warriors transited this base and were given full military honors by hundreds of people. Quite a sobering and somber event, I must say. Names erased to protect the innocent and names XXXXX'ed out to hide those who have lost mission focus.

My head just exploded while reading that e-mail.

That has to be a joke....there's no way people are THAT anal about stupid shit :banghead:

I usually catch a glance of the TV at the chow hall during lunch and see the videos on continuous rotation. If you watch long enough you will see MSgt Blatchford, one of the 2 men that the BPC is named after. Out of curiosity I Googled him when I got back to work and read one of the most amazing stories.

I think it should be mandatory reading at Shoeclerk University or wherever REMFs are born.

Samuel N. Blatchford

:salut:

Lets start by having the 1st RAM at the muff...Let the Vice Wing commander himself man the entrance and turn away his people.

We were having this discussion today, after our SQ/CC told us about this new policy. The first thoughts were "Damn, the DDs really DO run everything, they've got the squadron and group leadership doing their bidding".

Then someone said something that is logical, but still gives me hope...Now that leadership is actually being forced to take time out of their day to enforce these policies, maybe the policies will change. It's easy for leadership to just sign off on policies that don't really affect them. Start actually inconveniencing them, and see if they don't start taking a stand and using their positions to make changes.

At least, one can hope. I'm not exactly holding my breath, but I think the DDs may have finally bitten off more than they can chew.

Was told by a sqaudraon mate that he was stopped at the entrance of the Caddilac (a day fefore the exercise, and he confirmed it had nothing to do with the exercise) by a guy in PT gear checking for reflectvie belts. I wish I were making some of this stuff up, but it seems now that not only can you not eat, but you can't piss or shit unless you have a fag belt on as well.

Guest guard/reserve hopeful

This email went out to shirts today, names XX'ed out to protect the names of the guilty

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Wednesday, November 04, 2009 1:58 PM

To: AUAB First Sergeants

Subject: Check this out

Fellow Shirts,

This is out of control. Still getting push back from different angles.

http://militarytimes.com/blogs/flightlines/2009/11/01/hate-reflective-belts/

XXXXXXXXXX, SMSgt, USAF

First Sergeant, XXXXXXXX

I don't understand it, but these DDs need to take a step back and think about what they are doing and how they are acting. They are acting like the teacher's pet who tattles on everyone. Ridiculous. Keep fighting the good fight, even though I don't know how far it'll get considering leaders don't want to feel like they are "losing control." It is really sad that w/ all of the comforts the Deid has, sometimes you'd rather be a lot more uncomfortable in a forward deployed location in a more dangerous setting to avoid all of the ridiculous self-imposed baloney (i know, it's spelled bologna).

I don't understand it, but these DDs need to take a step back and think about what they are doing and how they are acting.

I've looked here on baseops and on google but can't seem to find exactly what DD means the way it is used here on the forum. I've been out a few years but can't recall it being used back in the day??!! I'm sure it will be obvious when you tell me, but somebody please do so.

I've looked here on baseops and on google but can't seem to find exactly what DD means the way it is used here on the forum. I've been out a few years but can't recall it being used back in the day??!! I'm sure it will be obvious when you tell me, but somebody please do so.

Desert Diamonds. The first shirt's group.

Guest Sandlapper

So is this a joke?

This. Rocks.

If it's a joke, it's one of the better ones. Last time I was there, someone had made up some flyers about Van Halen playing at the 'Bra...it was funny to hear those rumors spread. These types of mini chaos projects are always entertaining.