Gun Talk

VL-16

If I were to have any weapons, I would have been sure enough to stock up on the magazines that the idiots made illegal (for now). Kicking out the two last week was step one, slowly this state will realize the folly and fix itself, if not, Texas here I come. In the meantime, we work to make this state what it should be and push the changes back to what it should be.

Reply to the original post:

All the pistols you mentioned are fine guns. I've owned all of them at one point: they were all reliable, easy to shoot, and more accurate me. I used an XD-40 in competition for a while and it was a champ. I liked it best in competition because mag changes with those stainless steel mags was very smooth. If you're limited to 10rds in each mag, the slight advantage of a higher mag cap in the Glock 23 or HK doesn't matter. When I carry, I use the Glock 80% of the time. It's slightly slimmer, has fewer catch points on the frame (it has never snagged on clothing), and, with some amateur gunsmithing, you can install a much better trigger.

As a bedside gun, mounting a laser/light combo on the rail is a sweet way to blind anyone walking through the broken window. I use a Streamlight TLR-4 (my vote for best value) though I used a Surefire x400 on a 1911 for a while (not worth the extra cost).

One thing to keep in mind: HK, S&W, Glock, Sig, and probably Springfield have military-only pricing. If you find a gunshop that sells these Mil/LEO models, you can save $50-100 off the pistol. Glock throws in a 3rd mag as well, which are going for $20-30 right now.

If I were to have any weapons, I would have been sure enough to stock up on the magazines that the idiots made illegal (for now). Kicking out the two last week was step one, slowly this state will realize the folly and fix itself, if not, Texas here I come. In the meantime, we work to make this state what it should be and push the changes back to what it should be.

I applaud your efforts (along with rest of those on the anti-left crowd) as it is a noble cause...but it's a lost cause. The demographics and overall numbers aren't on your side. It's not just a problem with the State politics as your Senators (and most Reps) are for for more nations gun control too. As for Texas, they'll most likely be in a similar vote in another 15-20 years (who would have thought CO would be passing anti-gun laws 10 years ago?)...again, it's all about demographics and birth rates. I think you mentioned Idaho and Wyoming in an earlier post--I'd stick to one of those or one of the Dakotas.

• 3 weeks later...

Not that there's much of a run on AR style firearms anymore, but KY Gun Co has the MP-15-22 (with flash hider) in stock for $399, and that's with free shipping--so pretty good deal if you've been wanting one, almost as good as when Bud's LE has the same rifle in stock (which they rarely do).

http://www.kygunco.com/smith-and-wesson-mp-15-22lr-a1-style-rifle-28489

Lookin for some better eyes than mine here. I've listed my motorcycle on craigslist for $750, and one offer was for one of these guns. The AK includes 100r 7.62. But I have no idea if it's worth that much.

The AR is chambered in 9mm, but he didn't send any other info than that.

Overall it seems like he's claiming some pretty steep values now that we're coming out of the obnoxious highs of the past few years.

Thanks for the help.post-1789-0-69156300-1381529839_thumb.jppost-1789-0-33992900-1381529871_thumb.jppost-1789-0-44989000-1381529902_thumb.jppost-1789-0-79270800-1381529926_thumb.jp

ETA: more info from the guy: the AK is an M&M 10-762 with 300r through it, comes with two steel mags and 100r of ammo.

The AR is the JR Carbine 9mm. Research is saying that the M&M is about a $5-600 gun before the hysterical inflation. Seems about right to get the bike out of my garage.

Edited by BFM this

Lookin for some better eyes than mine here.

Quick search of a few of the big sellers shows that you can get the same AK (brand new) for $690. The ammo is worth about $25. BL: It's not worth $750, especially for a used rifle. Assuming it's in pretty good functioning condition...then I'd pay $500, if that.

http://www.atlanticf...l.html?Itemid=0

I'm not exactly sure on the 9mm, especially since the picture wasn't that clear...but being that you can get a Kel-Tec Sub2000 (similar to what you have pictured) brand new for around $450 when in stock, I'd pass on this one too.

Tell him to give you the $750 if he really wants the bike.

I'm not exactly sure on the 9mm, especially since the picture wasn't that clear...but being that you can get a Kel-Tec Sub2000 (similar to what you have pictured) brand new for around $450 when in stock, I'd pass on this one too.

I actually just shot the Sub2000 yesterday and I was not impressed at all. Seemed like it should be fun, but the non-adjustable stock was too short for me (I'm about average size), I couldn't get a good sight picture (really have to mash your face way low to see through the rear sight) and 3x malfunctions (2 FTE, 1 double-feed) in one magazine and back on the shelf it went.

Anyone else have a better experience with it? I wanted to like it but found it hard to look past it's flaws.

Edited by nsplayr

I actually just shot the Sub2000 yesterday and I was not impressed at all. Seemed like it should be fun, but the non-adjustable stock was too short for me (I'm about average size), I couldn't get a good sight picture (really have to mash your face way low to see through the rear sight) and 3x malfunctions (2 FTE, 1 double-feed) in one magazine and back on the shelf it went.

Anyone else have a better experience with it? I wanted to like it but found it hard to look past it's flaws.

That was one gun that, like you, I quickly sped past as I was trying to find the right pistol caliber carbine. Just wasn't that fun of a gun to shoot. Also could not deal with the Hi Point or the Beretta CX4 because of various things that just didn't ultimately work for me. I was almost happy with a 9mm AR, but ultimately didn't find what I like until I shot an MP5 clone.

God bless Texas.

http://news.yahoo.co...-181856390.html

A comment I liked from the peanut gallery:

"When I carry a gun, I don’t do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I’m looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don’t carry it because I’m afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid. It doesn’t limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force. It removes force from the equation…and that’s why carrying a gun is a civilized act."

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I know it's a long shot, but if anyone knows of an Arsenal SLR-107UR like the one pictured below for sale please let me know...

107ur2.jpg

Even if it has the solid folding stock, I'm interested.

Cheers! M2

Rog. Sorry man--good luck.

No worries, it's a long shot but I was able to score a milled Bulgarian SLR off a motorcycle forum by just posting an ad like this so I figured it's worth a try...