Gun Talk

VL-16

Just bought a Taurus 738 TCP (.380) for the wife to carry, however I still can't find .380 ammo around here. When it does come back in stock, does anyone know what a fair price is? All my other handguns are 9mm and .40. Thanks!

Bought a PPK for the wife, and .380 ammo was going for about the same as 9mm pre-crisis (.20-40¢/rd -ish)

Oddly enough, .380 is easier to find now than it was before, since every buddy spike on earth is buying 2000rds of 9mm, .45, .223, and 22lr like its going extinct.

• Upvote 1

MX question: what does everyone use to clean/lube their pieces (no STS)? Is the Hoppes brand any good? I figured I'd send my new M&P40C into the Sound after a good once-over.

Hoppes has been around forever.

It's what I use. Both the solvent and the lube oil.

Bought a PPK for the wife, and .380 ammo was going for about the same as 9mm pre-crisis (.20-40¢/rd -ish)

Oddly enough, .380 is easier to find now than it was before, since every buddy spike on earth is buying 2000rds of 9mm, .45, .223, and 22lr like its going extinct.

Thanks! All the shelves here are empty except for some of the less common ammo. I will keep checking back. Appreciate the info!

Just bought a Taurus 738 TCP (.380) for the wife to carry, however I still can't find .380 ammo around here. When it does come back in stock, does anyone know what a fair price is? All my other handguns are 9mm and .40. Thanks!

I have a TCP, it's the best pocket pistol in .380 I've shot. The LCP is very similar, but lacks the last round slide lock feature that I prefer. It's a helluva lot nicer than the Kel-Tec P3AT I owned previously, I hated that pistol.

As for ammo, .380 has been always tough to find as it is essentially 9mm in a short casing (in Europe it's known as 9mm Kurz, or 'short' in German). I thought looking online, but SlickGuns doesn't list any nor does AmmoEngine and the prices on GunBroker are ridiculous. Just be persistent and try local sources, Academy stores are pretty good here.

Good luck! M2

• Upvote 1

Wow that is out of stock already. I need to start caging the local walmart for when they get ammo delivered.

Good luck man. Every Walmart ive been too in recent years has a small cadre of old retires who know the schedule and are there stranding around like vultures to buy up as much as they can......

Doesn't really piss me off till I go to a gun show and see the same ass clowns selling the ammo marked up 5 bucks a box.

I haven't been following the market as close as a lot of people. It stuck out as a less crappy deal that what's been the norm. I have almost that same PSA upper but with a 1:8 twist barrel on a Delaware Machine and Tool lower. It was a budget build at the time, but it's never let me down. I probably don't shoot well enough or far enough to tell the difference between it and a Colt so anything nicer and you may as well be casting pearls before swine.

edit:spellings

Edited by superpug

For those that are feeling the ammo shortage, at a decent price, here is a few things I found out to increase your ability to procure some rounds, movement may vary, hopefully this helps.

Wallyworld has an app that you can download. You can then search for ammunition, and then look for whatever round you are looking for in the store in your AO. If it is In stock, it might be at the counter, or it might not be unstocked from the back, but should be in the store if it is updated. I have purchased 900 rounds of 22LR this way at normal prices. For those out of Wallyworld range you can try mail ordering from sites listed on gunbot.net. The prices of in stock is usually crazy, but it is updated realtime, I have had luck getting .380 and 9mm this way at a decent price. Good luck, ammo is hard to come by, sts.

• Upvote 1

I just bought a Glock 23 and can't find .40 anywhere! Shooting range, pawn shop, BX, Academy, nowhere!

I've had good luck at Walmart. 300 rds in the last few days.

I wonder why this one didn't make overwhelming national news as it plays right into the agenda of the unConstitutional 'gun control' tyrants?...perhaps because thankfully there are no dead victims to exploit? Or perhaps because the police proved that the only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun? My bet is a combination of both...politicians could care less about victims as they only pretend to care when it helps them further their own ideological agenda.

Thankfully this asshole took on a bunch of armed folks instead of shooting up a playground.

http://www.nydailyne...ticle-1.1335608

I wonder why this one didn't make overwhelming national news as it plays right into the agenda of the unConstitutional 'gun control' tyrants?...perhaps because thankfully there are no dead victims to exploit? Or perhaps because the police proved that the only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun? My bet is a combination of both...politicians could care less about victims as they only pretend to care when it helps them further their own ideological agenda.

Thankfully this asshole took on a bunch of armed folks instead of shooting up a playground.

http://www.nydailyne...ticle-1.1335608

Suicide by cop. Luckily both officers survived (albeit with injuries) and Gilkerson didn't.

Suicide by cop.

Not quite sure if that was his only goal...he had a lot of ammunition and other resources that suggests to me he desired to do more than just take some shots at some LE with the hopes of them killing him.

But agree that the outcome was almost the best they could have hoped for considering the circumstances. I just like to point out the hypocrisy of the media and the 'gun control' left--if they don't have victims to exploit, it's not worth their time. Besides, they hate the fact that Sandy Hook involved a gunman going against the unarmed vs this nut who went against the very well armed: Which outcome was better?

Guest CannonCrashPad

http://cnsnews.com/b...tice-we-wont-be

I hope this sizzles out fast, just asking for trouble and could kill any and all momentum we have if it goes south.

But it's kind of the perfect protest don't you think? Airing grievances under the First Amendment, and there is no doubt that there is a grievance in DC with their nonsense laws that don't recognize that keeping and bearing (and you can't bear an arm that isn't on you) shall not be infringed.

An armed march into DC on the 4th? I can't possibly see what could go wrong...except one crazy (or lefty plant) does something dumb and this goes way downhill to include people possibly being killed. we don't need this right now, the gun control nuts are on the end of the rope flailing right to get anything no matter how small through. They are loosing in the courts and on the state level at almost every turn and their federal push crashed and burned.

• Upvote 1

An armed march into DC on the 4th? I can't possibly see what could go wrong...except one crazy (or lefty plant) does something dumb and this goes way downhill to include people possibly being killed. we don't need this right now, the gun control nuts are on the end of the rope flailing right to get anything no matter how small through. They are loosing in the courts and on the state level at almost every turn and their federal push crashed and burned.

This has disaster written all over it. I agree with Fuzz, make the point some other way because this is too emotional an issue to make our point this way.

Edited by morenoj135

http://cnsnews.com/b...tice-we-wont-be

I hope this sizzles out fast, just asking for trouble and could kill any and all momentum we have if it goes south.

Hmmm...I could argue either for or against it.

For it: It's civil disobedience which will also help highlight the issue and their cause on a national level--that carrying a gun doesn't mean you're automatically going to start shooting, plus that it's a Right protected under The Constitution and people are willing to go to prison over it.

Against it: In reality, will it really do that much, if anything to change the discussion? Anti-gun people will not be swayed by such an event, even if is peaceful. And as for generating more support for the movement, I think the pro-gun support side is already pretty damn strong. Also, for these guys (though I believe they are morally correct)...is it worth all the heartache of getting arrested, attorney fees, potential jail time...and even worse, possibly being a convicted felon and then not being allowed to purchase a firearm again? Strong price to pay to make a statement.

I get what these guys are trying to do, and I support their passion and their convictions, I just don't know if now is the time, reason being the question: Are we to this point yet?

This all being said, I'm curious to see what will happen and how it will go down. Either way, I don't really see it making the argument much, if at all, worse for the pro-gun side.

For it: It's civil disobedience which will also help highlight the issue and their cause on a national level--that carrying a gun doesn't mean you're automatically going to start shooting, plus that it's a Right protected under The Constitution and people are willing to go to prison over it.

This all being said, I'm curious to see what will happen and how it will go down. Either way, I don't really see it making the argument much, if at all, worse for the pro-gun side.

My point was this is an open invitation, not a vetted organization's members attending. It wouldn't take much for an Alex Jone's Tin foil hat person or an anti-gun person (or multiple persons) to infiltrate the crowd and cause some big problems. Call me a pessimist but this has the scent of another Boston Massacre scenario, one idiot brandishes his gun or an order gets misinterpreted by an officer and all hell breaks loose. Does anyone have any doubt where the blame would lie or how the march would be portrayed (regardless of who's actually at fault) if it goes south? This is not what we need right now, gun control is fizzling and the other side is loosing steam, lets not play into their hand and give them the ammo that we are "crazy gun nut/anti-government, will shoot anything that moves" ect.

Edited by Fuzz

This is not what we need right now, gun control is fizzling and the other side is loosing steam, lets not play into their hand and give them the ammo that we are "crazy gun nut/anti-government, will shoot anything that moves" ect.

I understand your thought process--but for the sake of argument, what do you mean when you say 'the gun control is fizzling'? I agree that since it has been several months since the last major shooting and now that the Senate vote has come and gone, that the issue is not as front and center in the average American's cross check as it was earlier...and I agree that's good for bringing prices down and availability back closer to normal with respect to firearms and somewhat with respect to ammo. But what happens when there is another mass shooting? You're fooling yourself if you don't think there will be another one in the next 2,3,5,7 years--who knows when, but it will happen. So what then? We play this game all over again? The anti-gun folks will not go away and will be waiting patiently to exploit the next tragedy just as they were with this one.

I am just curious how you see...or even how you 'hope' to see this gun control issue play out. Because like I said, the issue will not just go away, and there will be other shootings to reignite the powder keg--so what then? I agree that the less shootings there are the better the argument for the pro-gun folks and vice versa the other way around. Are you just hoping this settles down long enough for you and others to stock up, to help get a pro-gun President and legislature elected, to get more people into shooting/being supporters of The 2nd Amendment...?

Legitimate questions that I would like to hear you or anybody else answer. The way I see it, the issue shouldn't even be up for debate and though in the short term it's easier to have the issue lay dormant, it doesn't really do you much good in the long term.

• Upvote 1

No I wholeheartedly agree this isn't going away, but the triumphant gun control groups that were going to march to victory passed nothing of consequence. Their efforts right now are fizzling, yeah they passed a couple laws on the state level but almost as fast as those laws passed sheriffs (CO) and Burroughs (NY) said they wouldn't follow the laws. IL now has a court mandate to pass a Concealed Carry, and several more states are easing gun laws. The federal laws unceremoniously crashed and burned. The momentum is in our favor we are making progress and this going south could drastically change the overall public opinion, I.e. those in the middle who don't really have stock in the matter but are leaning towards the gun side, because we are failing to match the lefts description of us.

This is a grass roots issue that we can win, on the local and state level and at least maintain the status quo on the federal level. Honestly the most restrictive and annoying laws come from the states, we can fix those easier than on the federal level right now. Also we can change the public opinion on the local level not leave it up to the politicians and media to do it for us. A lot of people I have talked to are very open to hearing our side of the argument and most times end up agreeing with the pro-gun side on most matters (CCW, gun free zones ect.)

Edited by Fuzz