Baseops Forums
Guest e3racing

Promotion and PRF Information

3 hours ago, Swizzle said:

5 year buckets aren't yet instituted, ask AFPC/A1...as far as I know continuation and twice passed over are still "things"...my data is from this week

That’s my understanding as well. They are looking into it and if they want to do it they will institute it in 2022/2023 from the email I received. 

15 hours ago, pawnman said:

Yes...and shockingly, got picked up 1 APZ with a 5/10 push line and P on the PRF.

Sometimes there is justice in the system.

Congrats!

On 10/2/2020 at 11:45 AM, pawnman said:

Yes...and shockingly, got picked up 1 APZ with a 5/10 push line and P on the PRF.

Sometimes there is justice in the system.

Congrats!

8 minutes ago, bennynova said:

How is everyone getting notified?

phone call?   Video call?  In person?

I was told in person...but I'm at a GSU with like 5 total active duty, so...

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, bennynova said:

In person.  

33 minutes ago, bennynova said:

Got a meeting today 😕 

1 hour ago, bennynova said:

I’m deployed and my home unit commander called me on Wednesday afternoon to let me know. 

1 hour ago, BKANO said:

Got a meeting today 😕 

How long did they book the meeting for, and is it their office or yours?

1 hour ago, bennynova said:

I already know my results (thank you to the grapevine), but my leadership has not contacted me in anyway to give me the same info. So about what I am used to!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, 14N Guy said:

I already know my results (thank you to the grapevine), but my leadership has not contacted me in anyway to give me the same info. So about what I am used to!

Haven't scrolled back through to check so I hope I'm not intruding here but if you know you didn't get selected and your "leadership" allows you to check the list tomorrow and not see your name, then that is an epic failure and pisses me off.  Too much of that going around in today's Air Force.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, celtic020 said:

Haven't scrolled back through to check so I hope I'm not intruding here but if you know you didn't get selected and your "leadership" allows you to check the list tomorrow and not see your name, then that is an epic failure and pisses me off.  Too much of that going around in today's Air Force.  

Well, I'm 3APZ and we half been at reduced manning where I am, so I'm not even sure what days our O-6 is in. Still, lots of time left in the day, so we will see what happens. I'm not too upset with it. I'm more upset with a promotion system that doesn't give feedback to folks (outside of "maybe next year!") but still expects people to run the race as hard as possible in the hopes of something positive happening.

If the AF is going to make changes to the promotion system, make full-measures that are truly meaningful. Not half-measures that may, or may not, get implemented. /getsoffsoapbox

9 minutes ago, pawnman said:

Mine is 15 minute zoom call.   At 315ET

23 minutes ago, bennynova said:

Mine is 15 minute zoom call.   At 315ET

If it's only 15 minutes over Zoom, that may be a sign it's good news.  If you were passed over, there's physical paperwork to sign, and the boss would likely set aside more time to talk about it.

I'm pulling for you!  Good luck!

That’s true!  I forgot about the paperwork part (been through it before).   

anyhow, I’ve been told I didn’t make it by 1 random person on this board (who has a “friend with a list”).

so I’m going in expecting not to make it.   The lists are all segregated by location, SRID, and LAF category, and I’m not even certain if this guy’s “friend” knows that or knows what list he was looking at.   

if I don’t make it, I’m doing an FOIA request for the bottom 10 promoted and making a case for mine.   In my opinion, my record is good enough, and I’ve seen hundreds of packages through my exec days.  

• Upvote 1

Are the board demographics posted to RAW after the promotion board is released to the public? I checked this morning and didn't see them yet.

Just now, 14N Guy said:

Are the board demographics posted to RAW after the promotion board is released to the public? I checked this morning and didn't see them yet.

Yes.  It may take a couple of days.  I checked too.  They may be on first thing tomorrow morning.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Leadership did contact me and confirmed. Hopefully the dudes out there that were in a similar situation to me can benefit from the changes the AF is making, and hopefully the AF continues to make changes to improve how all of this is done.

Edited by 14N Guy

20 minutes ago, bennynova said:

Yes.  It may take a couple of days.  I checked too.  They may be on first thing tomorrow morning.

Line number should also flow to MILPDS (and subsequently to your VMPF dashboard) 24-48 hours after public release.  Will be interested to see if they implemented merit-based line numbers on this board....I know they said they were going to but who knows. 

16 minutes ago, 14N Guy said:

Leadership did contact me and confirmed. Hopefully the dudes out there that were in a similar situation to me can benefit from the changes the AF is making, and hopefully the AF continues to make changes to improve how all of this is done.

Sorry to hear, 14N.   How many years to retirement?

2 hours ago, pawnman said:

30 minutes in their office 

Anyone have knowledge of pin-on sequence with these subcategory line numbers? 

2 hours ago, celtic020 said:

Line number should also flow to MILPDS (and subsequently to your VMPF dashboard) 24-48 hours after public release.  Will be interested to see if they implemented merit-based line numbers on this board....I know they said they were going to but who knows. 

They did the merit based line number allocation.