Baseops Forums

This is information from a friend who knows guys out there (The Makos), but I believe they just had one in June. As for The Spads, they are having a hiring board in June 2020; information that can be found on Bogidope.com Job Listing page.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

On 9/1/2019 at 3:36 PM, Silversteel said:

I’m not seeing a listing for June 2020 on the job listing page, the farthest out I can see is April 2020 for Fort Worth.

Application deadline is April 2020. Hiring Board is June 2020.

Who will be rushing the F-16 Texas and Wisconsin boards coming up early next year? Maybe we can get a group going to meet up and hang out while there.

3 minutes ago, Seadogs said:

Who will be rushing the F-16 Texas and Wisconsin boards coming up early next year? Maybe we can get a group going to meet up and hang out while there.

FYI, last year WI didn't allow people to rush, so I'd reach out to the POC before you book your flights. They might have decided to open it up this year!

12 minutes ago, N730 said:

FYI, last year WI didn't allow people to rush, so I'd reach out to the POC before you book your flights. They might have decided to open it up this year!

Good looking out, thanks my dude.

1 hour ago, N730 said:

Yeah I'm like 70% sure Fort Worth is the same way. Says in their job listing you will be invited to the meet and greet if you are selected for the interview. 

So we can't rush anything as of yet. Doesn't stop us from grabbing a beer with fellow rush-ee's though.

Just now, LNGH said:

Wisconsin is deployed, I wouldn't expect a response until late October

Thanks for the update

Not saying don't try, for all I know someone who can answer questions is hanging around but I just wouldn't hold your breath.

So can we visit them or not? I thought people already visited them so that is why I assumed they allowed rushing this year.

15 hours ago, vipermaverickk said:

Looks like Idaho ANG is up on BogiDope.

Am I blind or is there no description of what they want included in the application packet? 

5 minutes ago, doofer said:

Am I blind or is there no description of what they want included in the application packet? 

You might be, which bodes poorly for your flight physical! 😜 

Jk, the requirements are in the attached PDF on the bottom of the post. 

7 minutes ago, admdelta said:

You might be, which bodes poorly for your flight physical! 😜 

Jk, the requirements are in the attached PDF on the bottom of the post. 

Ha, yes I see the PDF but don't see a list of what they want included in the packet on the PDF, only the eligibility requirements. I suppose we could just read between the lines and include the info in the eligibility reqs, but usually it's more clear-cut than that. 

Edited by doofer

55 minutes ago, doofer said:

Ha, yes I see the PDF but don't see a list of what they want included in the packet on the PDF, only the eligibility requirements. I suppose we could just read between the lines and include the info in the eligibility reqs, but usually it's more clear-cut than that. 

Oh shoot you’re right! I just saw the attachment and assumed it was in there. Weird! 

Probably email the POC on there to ask in that case. 

3 hours ago, doofer said:

Nope, I don't think they posted it. Might need to contact the POC and find out.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, BadGuySplash said:

Bogidope said fighter squadrons require higher pcsm than heavy squadron. Is there any truth to this?

Not a mil pilot (yet) so I obviously can't speak definitively, but I think generally speaking yes. There are probably heavier squadrons with really high PCSM thresholds, and fighter squadrons that don't give it too much weight, but my experience as an applicant has been yes. I think the bottom line is to just be the best applicant you can be, apply everywhere you could see yourself, and enjoy what works out. Thinking about the details will drive you crazy. 

C5 unit in San Antonio told me they require at least a high 80's score on the PCSM for most applicants to be considered. It will vary from unit to unit. I got hired on my first interview in 2014 with a PCSM of 72 and average AFOQT stats. Have a solid cover letter that outlines you as a person and enjoy the process.

Edited by CavGuy

On a different note, is Bogidope a new website within the past few years? I remember having to go to each units website individually and see if they were hiring.