Baseops Forums

Anybody heard from Tennessee yet?  Spoke directly over the phone and was expecting notifications last week. 

They did not go out last week as was originally expected. They were working on it yesterday when I stopped by the DO’s office. Everyone be patient, lots going on. Notifications can literally be any day.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, JabroniWizard said:

Anyone have any intel on how many invites went out from Hawai and/or how many slots are being offered?

Usually offer 1-3 slots per airframe with the exception for F-22's they have a backlog. Last year they didn't pick anyone up.

• Like 1

On 8/29/2020 at 2:20 PM, TrueDoe said:

What does "multiple" mean on bogidope for Tuscon AZ? 

I believe since every IP needs 'seasoning' for two years before they can upgrade, it's referring to that. Just a a guess though.

On 8/29/2020 at 4:20 PM, TrueDoe said:

What does "multiple" mean on bogidope for Tuscon AZ? 

That unit trains international F-16 pilots, so after graduating from the F-16 B-course you need to find another F-16 ANG unit willing to give you ~2 years of seasoning orders so that you can get your IP (instructor pilot) upgrade and then return to Tucson to instruct. There's more information in their application guide. I believe Klamath Falls has a similar requirement since they're an F-15 FTU.

Edited by mb1685

26 minutes ago, Metalhead731 said:

Does anybody have any updates on Reno (192nd) or Charlotte (156th)?

Reno cancelled their pilot boards this year. I did not apply to Charlotte but saw traffic on Reddit (airforceots) that they sent out invites.

4 hours ago, Metalhead731 said:

Does anybody have any updates on Reno (192nd) or Charlotte (156th)?

Yes, Charlotte invites already went out. Can 100% confirm

20 hours ago, aftbears said:

Yes, Charlotte invites already went out. Can 100% confirm

Damn I guess they don't do courtesy no thanks letters?

55 minutes ago, Lisenbyjacob said:

Damn I guess they don't do courtesy no thanks letters?

Didn’t get one here either 

27 minutes ago, jel1990 said:

Anyone gotten any word from the 709th out of Dover?

They held virtual interviews last week for people who already have UPT slots, and they sent out results a couple days ago. Not sure when they're planning on doing interviews for everyone else.

48 minutes ago, Ten30Seven said:

They held virtual interviews last week for people who already have UPT slots, and they sent out results a couple days ago. Not sure when they're planning on doing interviews for everyone else.

I heard for everyone else it should be end of sept. 

• Upvote 1

Has anyone heard a definitive no from Hawaii? Based on what others on here and the lead recruiter have said, we should've heard back either way, though only crickets for me. Definitely not holding out at this point but just curious.

Gents, 

Many units do not send out rejection letters. With the volume of applicants, its sometimes not feasible to send them out. Theres no ill intention, its just the military. Take it if you haven't heard back that you didn't get an interview. They will make every effort to call, email and text you if they want to interview you. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, NABO said:

Has anyone heard a definitive no from Hawaii? Based on what others on here and the lead recruiter have said, we should've heard back either way, though only crickets for me. Definitely not holding out at this point but just curious.

I reached out a couple weeks ago as well and haven’t heard anything since either. I also got the message that we should hear within a couple weeks either yes/no. All the boards I’m currently in the application process with are in a similar type situation (delayed) so I wouldn’t count yourself out just yet. With 3 units in Hawaii you would think they would interview quite a few people so it is interesting there hasn’t been any finality from anyone on here in regards to that board. 

4 hours ago, NABO said:

I haven’t gotten a no but I know of one guy who got an interview invite a couple weeks ago so I would guess at this point no news isn’t great news. 

1 hour ago, Av8 said:

I reached out a couple weeks ago as well and haven’t heard anything since either. I also got the message that we should hear within a couple weeks either yes/no. All the boards I’m currently in the application process with are in a similar type situation (delayed) so I wouldn’t count yourself out just yet. With 3 units in Hawaii you would think they would interview quite a few people so it is interesting there hasn’t been any finality from anyone on here in regards to that board. 

They advertised for this board (which is weird) so it's safe to assume they received at LEAST 200-300+ applications. They interview at maximum 30 applicants.

• Like 1

Hawaiis interviews are next weekend. Its safe to assume at this point that they’ve got their picks.

And to echo what [mention=80522]CavGuy[/mention] said; I’ve only gotten a TBNT from only a handful of units. Kinda sucks not to hear back, but press on and keep improving those apps.

Keep applying boys.

1 hour ago, Pilot214 said:

Has anyone heard back  from the 68th airlift squadron?

nope