ACSC OLMP?

DC

On 11/28/2013 at 4:50 PM, ellsworb said:

They'll let you sign up for more than one applied course at a time. Hell, I'm currently enrolled in 3 applied courses right now (all of which start in Dec). At first I was pissed, then I called and complained that I was going to be deployed, blah blah blah. . POOF, enrollment for 3 of 4 right there, with the assumption that I"ll have the prereqs done prior to start.

The National Security one sucked.

Can you sign up for multiple applied courses in DL 7.0? Has anyone pressed to test?

4 hours ago, JBueno said:

Can you sign up for multiple applied courses in DL 7.0? Has anyone pressed to test?

I know you couldn’t in 6.0. So I’d have to say that’s a no for 7.0 as well. As soon as you finish one self study course you can sign up and start the next. The only hold up was waiting for the allied classes to start.  Now I did have success in getting them to let me move on in the self study while waiting for the applied to start. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Ever wonder what the DL 7.0 'top off' for IDE credit from your OLMP masters looks like?

This took over a month to get a solid answer (unacceptable, even with COVID), hopefully the move to ASU admin of the course ware solves this or at least mitigates it.

I got my masters through the OLMP and signed up in April for the ACSC DL 7.0 to 'top off' and get my IDE credit. NO WHERE do they discuss what the ACSC DL 7.0 "supplemental" program requirements are in the catalogue, student guide, ect. Furthermore, as of April you could not sign up for the supplemental program unless you contact them via help ticket.

If you are looking at doing the DL 7.0 following your OLMP completion, the following is what I was told today via help ticket:

You get credit for 7 courses. You won't have to take ISS601, WAR601, ISS602, AIR601, and 3 focused studies courses.

Based on what the catalogue shows for the program, credit for 3 focuses studies courses eliminates that entire section/requirement. You are left with the two orientation courses, 6x self paced, and 3x facilitated courses. So far I have not been able to sign up for more than one course. July 6 ACSC DL 7.0 transitions to the ASU program....be interesting to see how that goes.

Below is the 'syllabus' to top off your OLMP (ignore the black arrows, I stole this from the DL 6.0 to DL 7.0 transition)

386221970_ScreenShot2020-07-01at7_15_03PM.thumb.png.6a8f3593c3f337f3f91857d38cfb9d09.png

Yeah totally agree that it is dumb. It isn't hard, just painfully time consuming.

I'm averaging a minimum of 7 days for any responses from them, and because the AU system for registering was all jacked up it meant a self-paced class that I could finish in a day or two....would take two weeks because of the broken process. Now there are no classes for the entirety of July as they transition, not even self-paced courses. I tried to sign up for my August facilitated class on 25 June, but their system said I hadn't completed the prerequisite (I had). So I put in yet another help ticket that day. The deadline for the August classes was yesterday...they emailed me today stating I had to wait and go through the ASU registration in August. So basically wasting two months of my time waiting now. Just fucking silly really. 

• 3 weeks later...

The ASU transition...shockingly...is not clear. "click the link and follow the ASU instructions" AU wipes their hands clean. There are no instructions, just a choose your own adventure of links. On a good note....ASU online help has been more responsive than any support organization in the Air Force. They were able to knock it out in about 5 min.

Update:

within .69 seconds of being on the ASU system I was able to

1. sign up for my next self paced class (instant registration)

2. start next self paced class (it links you directly to the class canvas)

Super clean interface. My syllabus is laid out in it's entirety to include registration dates for the facilitated courses. Looks like a linear progression though, sent email request to see if you can take more than one class at once or start the self paced classes in the next block prior to finishing the current block faciliated course.

Because of the previous AU shenanigans, my next facilitated class won't be until Sept so no update there.

Edited by contraildash
updated information

15 hours ago, contraildash said:

The ASU transition...shockingly...is not clear. "click the link and follow the ASU instructions" AU wipes their hands clean. There are no instructions, just a choose your own adventure of links. On a good note....ASU online help has been more responsive than any support organization in the Air Force. They were able to knock it out in about 5 min.

Update:

within .69 seconds of being on the ASU system I was able to

1. sign up for my next self paced class (instant registration)

2. start next self paced class (it links you directly to the class canvas)

Super clean interface. My syllabus is laid out in it's entirety to include registration dates for the facilitated courses. Looks like a linear progression though, sent email request to see if you can take more than one class at once or start the self paced classes in the next block prior to finishing the current block faciliated course.

Because of the previous AU shenanigans, my next facilitated class won't be until Sept so no update there.

Yay? Sweet? (Please move to whats wrong with the AF thread)

49 minutes ago, Danger41 said:

Anyone doing 7.0 now? I’m stuck on the Joint 601 class last slide about COMREL and can’t figure it out. Please help before I have an aneurysm.

As in you can't figure out the slide of the software/slide is glitchy and you can't figure out how to get through? 

44 minutes ago, FLEA said:

As in you can't figure out the slide of the software/slide is glitchy and you can't figure out how to get through? 

I’ve got the tech side (ASU is actually very easy to use) but this is the last module of this class and you have to identify which members of a JTF have OPCON, ADCON, etc. I’ve done all kinds of research and cannot figure it out. There’s also no real hints and 7^6 possibilities so just moving them around isn’t an option. 

2 hours ago, Danger41 said:

I’ve got the tech side (ASU is actually very easy to use) but this is the last module of this class and you have to identify which members of a JTF have OPCON, ADCON, etc. I’ve done all kinds of research and cannot figure it out. There’s also no real hints and 7^6 possibilities so just moving them around isn’t an option. 

I can help with that. I'll send you a PM. 

Just wanted to add something that I lucked into if any of the younger dudes are thinking about OLMP. If you take the captain's OLMP, do only the core classes, get maj sel, you can transfer the core classes to the majors OLMP and knock out IDE/JPME too. 

• 2 months later...
On 7/30/2020 at 1:32 AM, BeefBears said:

Just wanted to add something that I lucked into if any of the younger dudes are thinking about OLMP. If you take the captain's OLMP, do only the core classes, get maj sel, you can transfer the core classes to the majors OLMP and knock out IDE/JPME too. 

How smooth was the process to switch to the Joint concentration after you got your line number?

5 hours ago, Vimix22 said:

How smooth was the process to switch to the Joint concentration after you got your line number?

Its been a while, but I think I just sent the help desk a request to swap. A couple days later, it said joint warfare and had all my previous core classes still completed. 

On 10/5/2020 at 9:31 AM, BeefBears said:

Its been a while, but I think I just sent the help desk a request to swap. A couple days later, it said joint warfare and had all my previous core classes still completed. 

Also if you go to WIC it counts as the electives, so 5 real classes and 2 paper classes and you are masters complete and only have to do ACSC correspondence top off(Short version) after you make Major. Of course I started that whole process when a Masters was mandatory but if you just want the easy button for a masters that auto updates your records and knocks out some or all of your ACSC all in one it’s not bad.