Jump to content

Guard/Reserve timeline to UPT


Recommended Posts

On 5/15/2018 at 8:41 AM, Sonofabone said:

(forms out of date, recruiter failure) resubmit March 2018

(improperly completed form, partly me/partly recruiter) resubmit April 2018 

 

13 hours ago, HoverHold said:

Package to HQ: Feb 2018

Kicked back for missing initials and resubmit: Mar 2018

Kicked back again for one missing set of initials (interestingly enough, it was to acknowledge that I'm not a line officer. Not sure what that means.) - and resubmit - Mid May 2018

Ok...multiple accounts of things being kicked back twice. Does NGB not review the entire packet before kicking it back? It seems like the moment they find an error they stop the review and send it back to the unit rather than going through everything and noting all fixes required.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dates just dropped for FY20.... I can finally complete my timeline. Army rotor guy to ANG tankers 15 June 2018: Interview 28 Jun 2018:  Hired 13 Aug 2018:  Flight Physical Comple

Interviewed/Hired: Oct 2016 FC1: Feb 17 FC1 Approved: April 2017 (1 Waiver) Package HQ: April 2017/Approved mid April Package to NGB: Mid April 2017/Approved May 2017

OTS 1803 9 Jan - 9 Mar Laughlin UPT starting 24 April Into the pipeline I go!

Posted Images

Ok...multiple accounts of things being kicked back twice. Does NGB not review the entire packet before kicking it back? It seems like the moment they find an error they stop the review and send it back to the unit rather than going through everything and noting all fixes required.

I think I’m on my 6th attempt to get it through state HQ without a clerical error. Can’t speak to what the NGB does but it’s probably as inefficient as you would think.


Also... because we spoke about it earlier. Don’t need an FC1 to get processed for training dates. Confirmed that directly with NGB.

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Sit On Acorns said:

 

Ok...multiple accounts of things being kicked back twice. Does NGB not review the entire packet before kicking it back? It seems like the moment they find an error they stop the review and send it back to the unit rather than going through everything and noting all fixes required.

The way my recruiter told me is that the paperwork passes through multiple offices during the approval process.  It is reasonable to assume that each office only reviews the information in their lane, instead of one office doing a full top to bottom scrub.

23 minutes ago, PilotPitts said:


Also... because we spoke about it earlier. Don’t need an FC1 to get processed for training dates. Confirmed that directly with NGB.
 

What verbiage do I need to tell my recruiter when this time comes so we can get this going?  Do you have this in writing so I could show this to my recruiter?  I would love to get dates in line as soon as my packet approval is done (fingers crossed for a first time go).

Link to post
Share on other sites
What verbiage do I need to tell my recruiter when this time comes so we can get this going?  Do you have this in writing so I could show this to my recruiter?  I would love to get dates in line as soon as my packet approval is done (fingers crossed for a first time go).


The required documents needed to be sent to NGB are in the “Line- Officer Appointment Checklist. Not sure where to find it online but if you PM me an email address I can send you the copy I have.

As far as confirmation from NGB....

“Officer appointment packages do not include the FC1!!! PLEASE DO NOT hold up the package waiting for the FC1.”

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PilotPitts said:

 

 


The required documents needed to be sent to NGB are in the “Line- Officer Appointment Checklist. Not sure where to find it online but if you PM me an email address I can send you the copy I have.

As far as confirmation from NGB....

“Officer appointment packages do not include the FC1!!! PLEASE DO NOT hold up the package waiting for the FC1.”
 

 

Messaging, and thanks for the quote. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Sit On Acorns said:

 

Ok...multiple accounts of things being kicked back twice. Does NGB not review the entire packet before kicking it back? It seems like the moment they find an error they stop the review and send it back to the unit rather than going through everything and noting all fixes required.

Speaking from the Guard side of the house, and with a very basic understanding of the process: HQ and NGB are two different things that I think a lot of individuals confuse with one another and use interchangeably. Once your package leaves your Wing (Your assigned base), it heads up to your respective state headquarters (HQ). It is reviewed, and if you're lucky, kicked back for corrections. If not, it's approved and sent on to NGB. 

Once it's approved at HQ, its sent to NGB in Washington D.C. Everything SHOULD be 100% by the time it gets to NGB (but hey, sometimes, AF  gonna AF). They give it a final once over, align dates, approve funding, and publish your appointment letter.  

Bingo, bango.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PilotPitts said:

“Officer appointment packages do not include the FC1!!! PLEASE DO NOT hold up the package waiting for the FC1.”

Sure, officers don't need an FC1. But how would they schedule IFT & UPT without the FC1 & MFS?

Edited by Sit On Acorns
Link to post
Share on other sites
Sure, officers don't need an FC1. But how would they schedule IFT & UPT without the FC1 & MFS?

They wouldn’t. At least to my knowledge.

I’m saying you can submit all your stuff to get dates for both prior to the FC1 being stamped by AETC. I’ve been waiting 4 months for my FC1 which I did this week. They could have submitted my commissioning package to allow it to route concurrent with my 4 month wait for the FC1. Instead they are just now submitting (or attempting to) the package with the wait time for routing now in series with the wait for the FC1 essentially doubling the amount of time it could have all been done in.
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/24/2018 at 12:00 PM, PilotPitts said:


They wouldn’t. At least to my knowledge.

I’m saying you can submit all your stuff to get dates for both prior to the FC1 being stamped by AETC. I’ve been waiting 4 months for my FC1 which I did this week. They could have submitted my commissioning package to allow it to route concurrent with my 4 month wait for the FC1. Instead they are just now submitting (or attempting to) the package with the wait time for routing now in series with the wait for the FC1 essentially doubling the amount of time it could have all been done in.

NGB won't shed you for UPT until you're g2g with your FC1.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone here had to submit an Aeronautical Review Board (ARB) packet as part of their accessions? I’m getting ready to separate from the Army and I’m being told that I cannot take my oath (scroll is approved and 1288 is signed) until my ARB is approved, but I can’t find anything in the AFI that says it must be approved, just that I have to go through one out of AFI 36-2005 paragraph 7.4.5 current as of August 2017. Any clarity or help would be appreciated! Thanks!! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NavionHawk said:

Has anyone here had to submit an Aeronautical Review Board (ARB) packet as part of their accessions? I’m getting ready to separate from the Army and I’m being told that I cannot take my oath (scroll is approved and 1288 is signed) until my ARB is approved, but I can’t find anything in the AFI that says it must be approved, just that I have to go through one out of AFI 36-2005 paragraph 7.4.5 current as of August 2017. Any clarity or help would be appreciated! Thanks!! 

I’m doing one but I am doing it after I swear in with the new unit

Link to post
Share on other sites

Reserve heavy squadron, off the street.

MEPS: August 2017

Interview/Hired: September 2017

FC1: January 2018

Selected by the May AFRC UPT Board.

I spoke with the folks at the 340th FTG, and they told me I will probably go to  TFOT in September 2018 and UPT sometime early 2019.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

Hey guys, rated timeline with an Age waiver here. Just got my dates and figured I'd send this out. 
FC-1- April 2017

FC-1 Approved- June 2017 (They thought I might need a waiver, didnt)

Age/Time in Service Waiver submitted- July 2017

Said Waiver sent to NGB- October 2017

Said Waiver Approved- April 2018

UPT Dates Received- 10 July 2018

UPT Start Date- 1 November 2018

Best of luck to you guys. 

MH

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/24/2018 at 9:17 AM, Sit On Acorns said:

 

Ok...multiple accounts of things being kicked back twice. Does NGB not review the entire packet before kicking it back? It seems like the moment they find an error they stop the review and send it back to the unit rather than going through everything and noting all fixes required.

If they do anything like the policy or instruction review I’ve seen in the contracting world, as soon as they find an error, they stop reading and send it back.

It’s a crazy practice, but it sounds like that could be what happened here.

Edited by N730
Clarity
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, MountainHerc said:

Hey guys, rated timeline with an Age waiver here. Just got my dates and figured I'd send this out. 
FC-1- April 2017

FC-1 Approved- June 2017 (They thought I might need a waiver, didnt)

Age/Time in Service Waiver submitted- July 2017

Said Waiver sent to NGB- October 2017

Said Waiver Approved- April 2018

UPT Dates Received- 10 July 2018

UPT Start Date- 1 November 2018

Best of luck to you guys. 

MH

 

Are you already an Officer? No OTS dates. 

 

Looks like there is finally some movement up at NGB. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/25/2018 at 12:35 PM, FlyArmy said:

-Oct 2017 hired by reserve unit. 

-Nov MEPS 

-Feb FC1

-Feb - Waivers for age/commissioned service signed by NAF/CC

-Mar AFRC board 

-Jan 2019 UPT

Caveat - AFRC apparently only has fighter slots at Sheppard...none at other UPT bases. AFRC had a May ENJPPT slot for a Jan board select and apparently no more ENJJPT slots until 2019. So I guess it depends when in the year you finish the AFRC board and what their T38 track availability is. Perhaps that varies year to year. 

Prior Army?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, HoverHold said:

Are you already an Officer? No OTS dates. 

 

Looks like there is finally some movement up at NGB. 

Yeah. Currently a nav. I heard through the rumor mill that NGB was getting a lot of flak from units who were waiting over a year with guys chambered to go but we’re waiting on waivers. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/23/2018 at 5:44 PM, HoverHold said:

CAANG

Hired: Oct 2017

FC1: January 2018

Package to HQ: Feb 2018

Kicked back for missing initials and resubmit: Mar 2018

Kicked back again for one missing set of initials (interestingly enough, it was to acknowledge that I'm not a line officer. Not sure what that means.) - and resubmit - Mid May 2018

Approved and sent to NGB: End of May 2018

Pending OTS/Pipeline dates: 23 May 2018

Prior-Enlisted (4yrs), transfered to my unit 2 years ago. Hired from within. 

 

Update: TFOT dates recieved today (31 Jul) - TFOT 19-01: 12 Sep. - 9 Nov. 

Pending everything else. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 11:54 PM, MountainHerc said:

Yeah. Currently a nav. I heard through the rumor mill that NGB was getting a lot of flak from units who were waiting over a year with guys chambered to go but we’re waiting on waivers. 

What unit are you going to?  Have you heard anything about what waiver timelines actually are supposed to be now?

Edited by JustHangingOut
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...

Current Timeline below.  Does anyone have any advice about how to get my transfer packet to move along faster at NGB?  It has been there since 06May18 now.

 

Interview: 02 Dec 2017

Hired: 03 Dec 2017

DD Form 368 signed by State J1 in April and submitted to NGB: 06 May 2018

Transfer Packet kicked back from NGB for wording and resubmitted: 24 July 2018

Flight Physical Completed 06-07 Aug 2018

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JustHangingOut said:

Current Timeline below.  Does anyone have any advice about how to get my transfer packet to move along faster at NGB? 

 

 

Unfortunately either your recruiter or OIC of hiring should have a contact at your state HQ that has a contact at NGB. The whole system is a bit y. They should be able to get a hold of someone who can check the status of your application. I heard through the grapevine (so take this with a grain of salt) that NGB has a 45 day policy with applications. Within 45 days (no idea if its calendar or working days) they are supposed to review/check/update/approve pending packets. But, bureaucracy being what it is, stuff happens, things take longer. 

I was past the "45 day window" by about 2 weeks until I heard that my appointment letter, TFOT, UPT dates had been sent out.

Best of luck!

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, HoverHold said:

Unfortunately either your recruiter or OIC of hiring should have a contact at your state HQ that has a contact at NGB. The whole system is a bit y. They should be able to get a hold of someone who can check the status of your application. I heard through the grapevine (so take this with a grain of salt) that NGB has a 45 day policy with applications. Within 45 days (no idea if its calendar or working days) they are supposed to review/check/update/approve pending packets. But, bureaucracy being what it is, stuff happens, things take longer. 

I was past the "45 day window" by about 2 weeks until I heard that my appointment letter, TFOT, UPT dates had been sent out.

Best of luck!

My recruiter is able to view the "progress" through some recruiter online portal they have.  I don't think I will be getting school dates as fast as you did because I'll need an age waiver and aeronautical review board before they can assign me school dates. Based on posts of other folk's timelines, I am anticipating that process taking another 6-9 months once I swear in. 

Edited by JustHangingOut
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...