F-15E Down in Afghanistan

Guest ShaneTrain24

Guest ShaneTrain24

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,533700,00.html

KABUL — A U.S. military F-15E fighter jet crashed in Afghanistan early Saturday, killing two crew members, a U.S. military spokesman said.

U.S. military spokesman Col. Greg Julian said a second fighter aircraft traveling with the jet that went down saw no evidence of enemy fire.

No fighter jets have crashed in Afghanistan in years. Militants are able to shoot down helicopters with rockets, but are not known to have the anti-aircraft weaponry necessary to bring down a high-flying jet.

The military says the F-15E crashed in eastern Afghanistan at about 3:15 a.m. Saturday Kabul time. The military did not immediately say where in Afghanistan the jet crashed. Many areas of eastern Afghanistan, which borders Pakistan, are filled with craggy mountains.

The crash will be investigated by a board of officers, the military said.

:salut:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest soflguy

:beer::beer: Godspeed brothers

The mood here at SJ is gonna be drastically different next week. Here's one to you guys!

:beer::beer:

God speed... Never forget, the price of freedom.

The price of freedom will never be known by those that live under it, but by those that defend it.

Godspeed to the fallen angels, your cause was just and your sacrifice eternal...

Awful news, I know a couple of people with the unit deployed now, so I'm trying to follow any news.

Godspeed to the lost crew, and my condolences to their families, and all those in the unit and at SJ.

Mike