Blues on Monday

okienav

i'm at tinker and i don't need the wing queen telling me to wear a long sleeve shirt when its 30 degrees outside or a short sleeve shirt when its 80. i have enough common sense to dress appropriately, weather dependent. for christ's sake, why doesn't she just come over on sunday night and lay my clothes out on my bed for me like i do for my 9 yr old.

I remember flying with her as my MCC and she was always one of the most incompetent, indecisive people I've ever had to occupy an aircraft with. Go figure with all the games that have been going on in the 552 recently.

No. That one is always sent by an LT in the WG/CC's office, since many Monday's we're actually in flight suits due to the projected frigid temperatures. I don't mind the head's up (not that I've had to wear blues yet). It's the tone in the shirt's commentary when he forwards it to everyone that gets me.

Ah, gotcha'...all the same, I'm sure the shirt could use the bitch-slap.

I remember flying with her as my MCC and she was always one of the most incompetent, indecisive people I've ever had to occupy an aircraft with. Go figure with all the games that have been going on in the 552 recently.

And now she's a friggin' wing commander? Go figure.

FALSE.

There is NO anonymity on the inter-toobs

She may not be able to track things down hereself, but if she can convince someone it's a threat you are F#CKED.

Go ask a cop or OSI bubba how hard it is (STS) to find out who Jackass@gmail.com really is ... either through legal channels or 'unofficially'

Sack-up and talk to her like a real officer/man/human being/etc.

Wait until some unlucky soul in your squadron/office leaves their computer unlocked, and then send the email from them.

Left Tinker in 2004 to head off to UPT and the dealings I had with her when she was the OG/CC were great. Can't believe that she's had that much of the Kool-Aid that she decided to implement that policy.

But then again, she did ban our patches that said USAF Orbit School Graduate (and replaced the middle with a E-3 Dome).

Man I loved that patch, :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Edited by capt4fans

So I guess the 552 is going to hell in a hand basket? I'd love to hear more. PM me if you have the chance, or post here.

Guest fourtenwedge

Good morning flyingsquadron.com, I opened a great email this morning on the summer blues policy here at my home base and thought I'd pass along another great story for Blues on Monday. Little background about this as of 1 Apr we're going to short sleve blues here as most of you probably are. According to policy here you cannot wear a tie this summer, not a big deal to me, I dont want to look like a car salesman anyway. I let the ladies see the taco meat out of the v-neck shirt, sexy :thumbsup:

Leaders,

Potential tattoo issues with the short-sleeve blue uniform (without

tie/tab) on 6 Apr 09. Not everyone lives & breathes AFIs like the First

Sergeants, so a reminder on tattoo guidelines is never a bad thing. This

could become an issue on 6 Apr 09.

"MY BASE" POLICY:

Neck ties/tabs are NOT authorized to be worn with the short-sleeve blue

uniform (at "MY BASE" AFB) starting 6 Apr 09. Anyone with tattoos visible

above the collar-bone or have a tattoo greater than 25% of the exposed arm,

will be required to have the tattoo removed at their own expense. Tattoos

around the lower neck area aren't always visible while wearing t-shirts at

PT or with the BDUs/FDUs/ABUs. So, if this is going to be an issue, please

identify the members ASAP so we can clarify the guidance and let the

individual know they'll be required to pay for the removal of the tattoo

immediately. Anyone with a questionable tattoo prior to 1998 must have a

waiver from the commander in their possession. Remember, the ultimate

authority in determining a tattoo size (>25%) is the Sq CC and not the

individual. Also, wearing a jacket around all day to cover the tattoos is

not an option, especially if it's not a cold day in July! Thanks.

The shirt goes on to cut and paste the entire 36-2903 on table 2.5 - Body/Physical Appearance Modification Standards. You want us to wear short sleve fine; what I find incredible is the fact that if you have a lot of tatoos you need to get them removed, you cannot just wear a long sleve shirt.

The fact that he quotes Line 3 which states Air Force members with tattoos not meeting an acceptable military image should be required to (a) maintain complete coverage of the tattoos using current uniform items (e.g. long-sleeved shirt/blouse, pants/slacks, dark hosiery, PT running suit, etc.) or (b) remove tattoo(s). I know that you can make the regs "stricter" by saying during this time frame you are required to wear short sleve blues, but this seems almost excessive to not allow people with tatoos the option of going to a long sleve shirt.

Just thought I'd pass this along. This is awesome. (sarcasm)

]

"MY BASE" POLICY:

uniform (at "MY BASE" AFB) starting 6 Apr 09. Anyone with tattoos visible

above the collar-bone or have a tattoo greater than 25% of the exposed arm,

will be required to have the tattoo removed at their own expense. Tattoos

around the lower neck area aren't always visible while wearing t-shirts at

PT or with the BDUs/FDUs/ABUs. So, if this is going to be an issue, please

identify the members ASAP so we can clarify the guidance and let the

individual know they'll be required to pay for the removal of the tattoo

immediately. Anyone with a questionable tattoo prior to 1998 must have a

waiver from the commander in their possession. Remember, the ultimate

authority in determining a tattoo size (>25%) is the Sq CC and not the

individual. Also, wearing a jacket around all day to cover the tattoos is

not an option, especially if it's not a cold day in July! Thanks.

This sounds like an excellent case for an IG complaint, or ADC. I have a feeling this would get squashed really quickly.

This sounds like an excellent case for an IG complaint, or ADC. I have a feeling this would get squashed really quickly.

Go to the IG with this one, and maybe we can stop the nonsense of mandating which blues to wear by WG/CC's who have nothing else on their radar to take care of. :bash:

That is absolutely ridiculous. Is this the Wing CCs policy about the tattoo removal or did this shirt take the initiative and put out this nonsense himself? If the AFI gives you the option to cover your tats with an authorized uniform then by God you should be able to utilize that option. Taking away that option and then forcing them to remove the tat makes me ask why then do we even have a reg? Since when did the Wing CC get to pick and choose which guidance can be followed?

Seriously crap like this makes me want to puke. What have we become?

That is absolutely ridiculous. Is this the Wing CCs policy about the tattoo removal or did this shirt take the initiative and put out this nonsense himself? If the AFI gives you the option to cover your tats with an authorized uniform then by God you should be able to utilize that option. Taking away that option and then forcing them to remove the tat makes me ask why then do we even have a reg? Since when did the Wing CC get to pick and choose which guidance can be followed?

Seriously crap like this makes me want to puke. What have we become?

The laughing stock of the Armed Forces. :bohica: :bohica:

See this thread ... http://www.flyingsquadron.com/forums/index...mp;#entry200948 ... if you have any further questions about that.

"MY BASE" POLICY:

uniform (at "MY BASE" AFB) starting 6 Apr 09.

Is the WG/CC making this a mandatory policy, or did I miss something while on leave for the entire month of March.

AFI 36-2903 states "Figure 2.4. Men's Short-Sleeved Shirt.

6. Necktie is optional. Center optional tie tack or tie clasp (Air Force symbol, grade insignia, or

wing and star) between bottom edge of knot and bottom tip of tie. Tip of tie must cover a portion

of the belt buckle but cannot extend below the bottom of belt buckle.

Did the Stars have a meeting at Corona and decide to find out who could come up with the most ridiculous policy when it comes to uniforms?

This has gotten out of hand.....and I wish I could laugh at it like I used to.

Edited by capt4fans

This is the same tack taken with the tucking in, or not, of PT shirts - which was explicitly authorized by 36-2903 chow my hog - where CENTCOM people decided they didn't like certain aspects of uniform rules and decided they were icky, and made THEIR OWN rules which then became the de facto standard across the service. At which point are they subverting the regulatory process?

And CCs putting up with this is every bit as complicit and hypocritical as the COSAF big T-Mike signing off on a new 36-2903 that banned morale patches and rolling of flight suit sleeves...and then him keeping on with his F-15 morale tab and rolled sleeves.

But we can bitch and piss and moan about it, and anybody who's in a position to do something about it WON'T because it's their time in the spotlight, and they want to further their career, and instead become a repeater for this drivel. Service before Self indeed!

Guest Rubber_Side_Down
If the AFI gives you the option to cover your tats with an authorized uniform then by God you should be able to utilize that option. Taking away that option and then forcing them to remove the tat makes me ask why then do we even have a reg? Since when did the Wing CC get to pick and choose which guidance can be followed?

Our first shirt came down from his mountain on high to brief us on this a few days ago. No long-sleeved blues at this base, either. Those with tats that violate the AFI will be required to have them removed (which hurts like a muthafvcka, btw.)

Oh, and get this...the REMF's are going to be staking out the base gym. This 25% rule is being enforced in PT gear, as well.

Seriously. They are making special trips to the gym during peak times to look for offenders.

Edited by Rubber_Side_Down

Guest Form 8
Is the "commanders can always make it more restrictive" rule in writing somewhere?

Supplements can always be more restrictive than the AFI. They can't be less restrictive.

Our first shirt came down from his mountain on high to brief us on this a few days ago. No long-sleeved blues at this base, either. Those with tats that violate the AFI will be required to have them removed (which hurts like a muthafvcka, btw.)

Oh, and get this...the REMF's are going to be staking out the base gym. This 25% rule is being enforced in PT gear, as well.

Seriously. They are making special trips to the gym during peak times to look for offenders.

They can try all they like, but again, "Remember, the ultimate authority in determining a tattoo size (>25%) is the Sq CC and not the individual." And I can't wait to find a REMF trying to get me for tattoos. But again, that's why all mine are on my back where they don't get seen unless I'm in the shower, and I don't share one of those with anyone but my wife, and she doesn't care.

REMF....seriously....this service is going downhill fast. I can't wait to get out.

Supplements can always be more restrictive than the AFI. They can't be less restrictive.

We need to find a way to reign in the CC's on this BS. Someone has a perfectly legal way to hid their tattoos, and use a perfectly legal uniform authorized by the USAF to be worn during duty periods, and you're going to make them wear something that makes them violate an AFI.....sounds like a case for and ADC to me.

Guest Hueypilot812

This needs to go to the IG. This "policy" effectively forces individuals to violate AFIs, despite other reasonable alternatives being available that will allow an individual to remain in compliance with the rules. It's very much a classic case of "gotcha!" and it needs to be called out.

Edited by Hueypilot812

This shit is ridiculous. I don't have tats, but if I did and somebody told me I had to pay out of pocket to get them removed because it violated their own personally created uniform standards (while not being in violation of approved Air Force standards), I'd tell 'em to go screw and wear my long-sleeve shirt anyway, and take a stroll over to the IG while I was at it.

shit like this pisses me off.

here we have all these experienced dudes who have all the know-how to get the job done, but instead leadership is making it damn near unbearable with asinine policies that have zero ramifications on hacking the mission. what is it going to take to shift the focus to our end goal (killing people and breaking their shit)?