FC1 Physical Information

Guest Ragansundowner

Does anyone know if Brooks will pride me with glasses if they find my vision is not quite up to 20x20 standard? I passed iFC1 without problems, but noticing my vision is progressively getting worse...its within the reqs....but I want to make sure I don't get DQed for not having glasses that I may need.....

If you think you may need glasses for MFS, get them beforehand. Bring them along and see if they'll let you wear them for some of the tests. I wore mine for all of the tests but then again I have a vision waiver.

• 2 years later...
Guest kingneptune117

how in depth is the dodmerb exam to enter AFROTC compared to the FC1 exam for a pilot slot? Are both of these exams more eye, ear, and blood testing rather than an "move your legs and if it doesnt bend to 90 degrees your a no go" exam?

• 6 months later...

how in depth is the dodmerb exam to enter AFROTC compared to the FC1 exam for a pilot slot? Are both of these exams more eye, ear, and blood testing rather than an "move your legs and if it doesnt bend to 90 degrees your a no go" exam?

FCI + MFS is WAY more intense than the DODMERB. DODMERB was just like a routine checkup. FCI is like 4 days long at Wright-Patt (previously Brooks). Blood tests (like they said above, it's a s**tload of blood), tons of eye tests, checking your physical dimensions to make sure you fit in an ejection seat, etc.

• 1 month later...
Guest ShadowX81

A couple years ago the detist told me that my wisdom teeth are impacted. He said that they are fine now, and will be for quite some time, but might cause a few problems when I am older. Should I have them removed before I go to my FC1?

• 2 months later...

I recently took an enlistment physical at an ANG base, and for the vision portion, the tech wrote 20/40 for both near and far vision. I don't currently wear glasses/contacts, but I will need them to pass the FC1, so I am in the process of getting some. I have recently had my eyes dilated/refracted by my eye doc, so I know that my vision is within regs, and I shouldn't require a waiver. My question is, will the fact that my enlistment physical says 20/40 prevent me from being able to schedule my FC1? Or will I need to retake the vision portion while wearing lenses to show that I am correctable to 20/20 in order to schedule the FC1? Thanks for any advice, and for all the advice you have all already given me.

No, they will retest your eyes at the FCI to make sure you are correctable to 20/20. As long as you have an approved commission physical, you should be able to get the FCI. Just be sure to bring your glasses with you when you go to Wright-Patt so you can test with them.

Guest lbzrider14

IDk if anyone else is like this.. But I tend to not do so good when I give blood. When I was active duty, I had to fast 12hrs and give 3 big tubes of blood and then the small one.. I about died in the chair and started blacking out. It's not that I can't handle blood. It's just something happens when I start losing blood and I get real weak and faint like, faster then most people it seems. Does anyone else experience this?

How many tubes of blood did they take. Any recommendations on how to deal with this?

Bring a liter of water and slugg it all morning..you'll be pissing blood into the viles.. talk with the tech who is taking your blood about the sexy woman with the low cut shirt and huge bombs across the room that his partner just drew blood on.. it'll go by in a flash

Edited by lbzrider14

• 1 month later...

Just got back from my FC-1 at WPAFB. My vision was not quite 20/20, but it was well within 20/70. The eye doc calculated my prescription and restested me with glasses, which checked out 20/20. I'm not sure if it was my near or distant vision (or both) that failed the uncorrected test. After I retested, the eye doc said "looks like we were to able to correct everything with the glasses." She said that I would have to fly with glasses, but I would not need a waiver.

I just want to make sure: they would have told me if I had any DQs or needed any waivers, right?

Thanks

Guest goducks

Just got back from my FC-1 at WPAFB. My vision was not quite 20/20, but it was well within 20/70. The eye doc calculated my prescription and restested me with glasses, which checked out 20/20. I'm not sure if it was my near or distant vision (or both) that failed the uncorrected test. After I retested, the eye doc said "looks like we were to able to correct everything with the glasses." She said that I would have to fly with glasses, but I would not need a waiver.

I just want to make sure: they would have told me if I had any DQs or needed any waivers, right?

Thanks

Generally, you would be told if you had a hard DQ (not waiverable) condition. Maybe not 100% of the time, but that is the intent for most of the folks at WP.

Generally, you would be told if you had a hard DQ (not waiverable) condition. Maybe not 100% of the time, but that is the intent for most of the folks at WP.

I hope so. I can't rest easy until I see that stamp from AETC, aka the blessing from the aviation Gods!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

If one of you bro's could ask where the hell to get my IQ test results while you're up there, I'd appreciate it. I tried the numbers on their website but it's indefinitely busy tone, and a San Antonio area code, I'm assuming they just haven't updated it. Not that the results matter that much, just thought it'd be cool to see.

If one of you bro's could ask where the hell to get my IQ test results while you're up there, I'd appreciate it. I tried the numbers on their website but it's indefinitely busy tone, and a San Antonio area code, I'm assuming they just haven't updated it. Not that the results matter that much, just thought it'd be cool to see.

That was just another way to make sure you weren't going to kill yourself. "Do you ever feel like putting an ice pick in your eye?" If "Yes" Score = 0. If "No" Score = 100

That was just another way to make sure you weren't going to kill yourself. "Do you ever feel like putting an ice pick in your eye?" If "Yes" Score = 0. If "No" Score = 100

Oh... maybe they should give me a re-do now that I'm out in the middle of nowhere/mexico. Some of the local talent makes an ice pick in the eye sound pleasant.

Sitting in the Dayton airport on my way home from Wright-Patt. I asked about this and was told that we won't have access to our IQ scores until after we have finished UPT. So I guess there's plenty of time to look up a phone number.

Sitting in the Dayton airport on my way home from Wright-Patt. I asked about this and was told that we won't have access to our IQ scores until after we have finished UPT. So I guess there's plenty of time to look up a phone number.

Coulda swore they told me after we commissioned.... oh well

Coulda swore they told me after we commissioned.... oh well

Nope, just did mine and they definitely said we can get them after UPT.

Funny.

OTS Select, did my FC1 at a local MTF.

Unless you mean its done during the MFS portion (the neuro-psych part)

You are correct, the IQ testing is done with the neuro-psych part of MFS at W-P.

Guest bobola

So do you do another FC1 after your post selection FC1? I just picked up a pilot slot for OTS and will be taking my FC1 at Sheppard at the end of this month. I didn't realize there was an IQ portion.

So do you do another FC1 after your post selection FC1? I just picked up a pilot slot for OTS and will be taking my FC1 at Sheppard at the end of this month. I didn't realize there was an IQ portion.

Confusion of terms. Medical Flight Screening (MFS) is required for all pilot candidates, but it is not a flight physical (FC1). It is a separate set of tests given at W-P on a one time basis to collect data...probably some long-term study they're doing at the School of Aerospace Medicine (used to be at Brooks, now at W-P). Only those who have passed the FC1 are sent, so its done later (unless you do your FC1 at W-P...it might be given after the FCI while you're there).

• 2 weeks later...