Promotion and PRF Information

Guest e3racing

10 minutes ago, tac airlifter said:

I've never understood this.  Why is this a huge secret until the official day?  Anyway, yes commanders have it and some already told their folks.  

It's not that it's a "huge secret" but more a timing deal.  Ideally the I/APZ non-selects are notified first and then the selects.  Typically, 2x APZ then there is continuation/non-continuation paperwork, it takes a while for FSS to get it compiled.  Couple that with the fact that the Wg/CC or SRs schedules are typically booked top-to-bottom, it becomes an issue and gives the appearance of keeping a secret.  There is no guidance that I have seen stating when to pre-notify, only guidance providing the official release date.  We began asking our FSS for the list last week and got it this morning.  Each SRs list only provides the names of those currently in their rating chain and not everyone that met the board.  

16 minutes ago, tac airlifter said:

I've never understood this.  Why is this a huge secret until the official day?  Anyway, yes commanders have it and some already told their folks.  

Already told others?  I figured CCs would wait at least until Wednesday.  It's almost cruel to tell people two days before the "official" release day knowing that the selects may have to restrain themselves for a little while from saying too much to their peers.  Well, best of luck to all!

well,  EVERYONE is a strong word

but i'm sure MOST (that are passed over for the second time will be offered continuation)

there will always be those that have referral OPRs or legal trouble that may not.... among other circumstances

Every board, since you only see your OPB before the board and you generally never see your OSB until after the board.

However, I personally know of at least two people that had decorations showing in the "will meet" section but we're not part of their "as met" record, and the board(s) never saw the decorations.

Finally got mine...my unit was initially going to make me wait until tomorrow but by then it would basically be a moot point.  One of my buddies didn't make it though...their org was under 60% overall.  Any similar or worse rates for other units out there?