Sergeant in trouble for Playboy photos

Guest thefranchise

AT

Got it and sent a reply.

I've heard a rumor that AAFES has been told to remove the February issue of Playboy from their shelves. This from a pretty reliable source. Can anyone verify?

Cheers! M2

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Jumper Bones:

Was thinking about this, and wouldn't Staffs separating at the end of their enlistments (instead of re-enlisting) skew this figure? I mean if it's a straight figure of so many make Staff, then of them this many make Tech...then yeah the statistics would definitely show it being clearly more difficult to make Tech.

I guess my point is many people can make Staff within their first enlistment, and then walk away from there. A good friend of mine was a 6-year enlistee and did, and he put on way later than he could have.

Most people who are getting out opt not to test. Actually opting not to test changes your reenlistment code also FWIW since it's considered "failing to progress."

Originally posted by Chuck17:

Its not on base I know that - I looked!

Chuck

Actually, I found a copy at the shoppette, but the lady behind the counter told me it wasn't the issue with the TI in it. I told her it was, and she said they were suppose to be taken off the shelves. The only reason I asked for verification is that our shoppette isn't always "in the know."

I have to admit I didn't see it at first, but I removed the 'blocker' that prevents anyone from actually seeing the covers of these horrible magazines, and it was tucked up behind some other mags, so it is fairly feasible that it was overlooked when they removed them from the shelves.

I have to say that if it true that AAFES pulled the issue from their stores, what a friggin' joke! The reaction already has been overblown (what a great term!), now is the USAF worried that the troops might actually get to see one of its finest nude?

Cheers! M2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This attention whore finally got the boot.

Drill Sergeant Who Posed Naked for Playboy Removed From Active Military Duty

SAN ANTONIO — An Air Force drill sergeant who posed nude for Playboy magazine has been removed from active duty, she said Wednesday.

Whether that amounts to an honorable discharge, as Michelle Manhart also says, is unclear.

Manhart, who appeared in a six-page spread in Playboy's February issue, said she got word Friday that she was removed from "extended active duty" and was also told that she was demoted in rank from staff sergeant to senior airman.

"I'm disappointed in our system," Manhart told The Associated Press on Wednesday. "They went too far with it."

Rest of story here: FoxNews

To clarify, she actually wasn't kicked out...turns out she was a Guardsman the whole time, and her Extended Active Duty orders were cancelled/rescinded - so she reverts to traditional guardsman status. The punishment was they busted her to SrA!

Drill sergeant who posed nude in Playboy removed from Air Force active duty

By Associated Press

Thursday, February 15, 2007 - Updated: 07:34 AM EST

SAN ANTONIO - An Air Force drill sergeant who posed nude for Playboy magazine has been removed from active duty, she and the Air Force said Wednesday.

Michelle Manhart, who appeared in a six-page spread in Playboy’s February issue, said she got word Friday that she was removed from ”extended active duty” and was also told that she was demoted from staff sergeant to senior airman.

”I’m disappointed in our system,” Manhart told The Associated Press on Wednesday. ”They went too far with it.”

Manhart said that she was reverted to her Air National Guard status and that she submitted a ”resignation” to the Guard, which she said is pending. Manhart was a member of the Iowa Air National Guard before going on extended active duty.

Oscar Balladares, a spokesman for Lackland Air Force Base, confirmed that Manhart was removed from extended active duty Friday but said Lackland did not discharge her.

”She was removed from active duty status, and thus reverted to National Guard status,” Balladares said. ”It is not up to the Air Force _ it is not our jurisdiction to discharge her.”

Lt. Col. Greg Hapgood, a spokesman for the Iowa National Guard, said that because the Guard did not have ”documentation of her separation” from the Air Force, it did not have her on duty status.

Manhart, a 30-year-old mother of two, said the military’s action against her hinged on the fact that she was pictured wearing her uniform.

She was photographed in uniform yelling and holding weapons under the headline ”Tough Love.” The following pages showed her partially clothed wearing dog tags and fully nude. After the pictorial hit newsstands in January, Manhart was relieved of her duties pending an investigation.

so, what a ######ing retard! If you're a reservist/guardsman and you're on active-duty orders, and you do something stupid, the first thing they do is cancel your orders! But it's cool, she's a tradionalist now who can do whatever she wants...like "go into Hollywood and entertainment." She's got some notoriety, but that's about it.

Coming soon to a stripper pole near you!

Guest Rainman A-10

Goofy Grape Guard Girl.

I could care less if she wanted to pose in Playboy.

It bums me out that she is dragging the USAF and now the Guard through the mud.

Of all the great things USAF folks are doing (both AD and ARC) the one getting the press on is some dumbass chick who won't shut up about the raw deal she is getting for being stupid,

• 3 weeks later...

Yup, she sure won't shut up at all. At least Montel called her out on it.

http://www.airforcetimes.com/news/2007/03/...tplayboy070305/

Airman scolded on talk show for posing nude

By Erik Holmes - Staff writer

Posted : Tuesday Mar 6, 2007 16:39:04 EST

Senior Airman Michelle Manhart, the former Air Force training instructor who gained notoriety for appearing nude in the February issue of Playboy magazine, got another taste of the national spotlight Monday.

Odds are she won’t be asking for seconds.

In a brief appearance on “The Montel Williams Show,” the host — and retired U.S. Navy officer of 22 years — criticized Manhart’s decision to appear in the magazine and said he thinks she deserves to be separated from the service.

“If I go back into my 22-year military [mind-set] as an ... O-4 in the Navy,” Williams said, “had you been employed by me, I would have been one of the people to help process you out of the military. ... As an officer, ... I don’t want you to step in before a formation of 350 young troops that I know just saw you in the PX with your clothes off.”

Manhart, who was demoted from the rank of staff sergeant and tossed from active duty after the pictorial hit newsstands, told Williams that she still believes she did the right thing.

“At no time did I ever feel that anything I did was wrong or would get me in trouble,” she said. “I never thought there was going to be a big issue when the military saw this.”

Williams had a hard time swallowing that line of reasoning, saying this is not the first time a woman has been reprimanded for appearing nude in a magazine. “A precedent has been set for this,” he said. “There have been women before you who have appeared in Playboy, Penthouse, in other branches of the service, all of whom have been removed from active duty.”

Manhart, as in past comments, defended her right to appear in the magazine as a free-speech issue. Service members who fight for their country and the rights it provides others should be allowed to exercise those same rights, she argued.

She also said there is a double standard in the military — and that male troops who have appeared nude in magazines such as Playgirl have not been removed from active duty or kicked out of the service.

“I understand that some people have a problem with it, and I respect that,” she said. “What I think [people] truly need to understand is the differences” for men and women.

Manhart’s commander at Lackland Air Force Base, Texas, informed her Feb. 9 that she was being demoted to senior airman, removed from “extended active duty,” returned to the Iowa Air National Guard and given a letter of reprimand.

She has applied for an honorable discharge from the Guard, she said, and the application is pending.

Manhart told The Associated Press that the military’s action against her hinged on the fact that she was pictured in Playboy wearing her Air Force uniform.

She was photographed in uniform yelling and holding weapons under the headline “Tough Love.” The following pages showed her partially clothed wearing dog tags and fully nude. After the pictorial hit newsstands in January, Manhart was relieved of her duties pending an investigation.

She has applied for an honorable discharge from the Guard, she said, and the application is pending.

This is the key point in this whole stupid fiasco. She has her sights set on things way beyond the AF. She knew damn well she was gonna get booted, and she knew she could make a big stink and get into the papers. This is 100% a publicity stunt, with the goal of making personal gains at the expense of the air force, bitch.

• 5 weeks later...

thread revival - she's out

Airman who appeared in Playboy resigns

By Patrick Winn - Staff Writer

Posted : Thursday Apr 5, 2007 18:49:39 EDT

Michelle Manhart, the former Air Force staff sergeant demoted for posing nude in February’s Playboy Magazine, has cut her last official military tie.

She was first reprimanded, later demoted from staff sergeant to senior airman and eventually dropped from active-duty enlistment. This bumped Manhart, now living in Texas, down to her previous post with the Iowa Air National Guard.

Now the Guard has accepted Manhart’s resignation. Effective April 5, she was granted an honorable discharge from the 132nd Fighter Wing for “her own convenience,” said Master Sgt. Duff McFadden of the Iowa National Guard.

“I feel like my life is finally in my own hands now,” Manhart said.

Manhart was stationed in Iowa from 2001 until 2005, when she started at San Antonio’s Lackland Air Force Base. The discharge prevents her from traveling four states away. She was supposed to report in mid-April to an office position in Camp Dodge, Iowa’s Joint Force Headquarters building

Manhart called her re-assignment to the Iowa Air National Guard “sabotage.” While her resignation was pending, Manhart tried to pull Iowa’s political and media strings to pressure the Guard. She contacted news outlets in the state, as well as Iowa representatives U.S. Sen. Tom Harkin and U.S. House Rep. Leonard Boswell.

Outside pressure wasn’t a factor in granting Manhart’s discharge, McFadden said.

Manhart, 30, is aggressively pursuing an entertainment career. She has two children with her husband, a Lackland-based airman.

More on Manhart

Pick up the April 16 Air Force Times, on newsstands Monday, April 9, to read our exclusive interview with former Staff Sgt. Michelle Manhart and learn how to access video you won't want miss.

Pick up the April 16 Air Force Times, on newsstands Monday, April 9, to read our exclusive interview with former Staff Sgt. Michelle Manhart and learn how to access video you won't want miss.

Beaver, you may be right. Incredible that the AFT is acting as her promotions management team and agent all rolled into one!

Guest SQUARE PAIR
She needs to start crayola'ing some pictures of herself nude so her boyfriend/ex/some other bozo can sell them on eBay if she ever OD's on dietary drugs, ala Anna Nicole Smith...

Cheers! M2

Starting bid: $1.7 mil

Number of bids: 0

Best of luck to you there "tagstorm". Maybe if it were frontal . . .