Class patches

Guest WildBill

Man, we had a great idea, but got shot down by my classmates. (standard) Homer Simpson in a flight suit, holding a plate of chicken wings. He's drooling and his thought bubble says "Mmm.... Wings..."

Simple, but I thought it was classic.

Flame away...

2b4470950.jpg

Nobody really liked ours. It looked pretty sharp, but there was nothing hidden and nothing too clever. Also the FOURTH attempt at getting something approved, so we all pretty much didn't care at that point. Our first submission came back with the comments (from one of the SQ/CCs) "Not in MY Air Force!!"

Rocker

I like it, very old school! That's actually a good suggestion, look at that UPT patches web site and replicate (not copy) their style. Homer Simpson, Hooters, etc have all been done to death. Start a trend of 70's era patches!

Sorry, that's just the MD 20-20 talking!

Cheers! M2

• 1 year later...
although i don't have a copy of it, the best patch i saw was from a UPT class years ago that had a guy wearing a flight suit with a parrot on his shoulder and it said "i thought this was pirate training." but that nurse patch is HOT!

That was Toro's class patch. I flew with a 135 guy who was in that class and had it sewn on his helmet bag.

That was Toro's class patch. I flew with a 135 guy who was in that class and had it sewn on his helmet bag.

8b8x9p0.jpg

Yeah! We started off with a Japanese exchange student in Phase 1, and the patch started from us joking about his accent.