Big Tech Oligarchs

ClearedHot

The media is coming to its defense, saying it’s fine because it only affects 3rd party mass-text message marketing, and not personal texts (paraphrasing). I still say bullshit. A company should be able to market to those who wish to receive their marketing, regardless of topic (if it’s legal). This is an overreach and another notch on the slippery slope belt of the “we know what’s best for you” crowd trying to control everything and everybody. 

7 hours ago, ClearedHot said:

This will be interesting...

I doubt anything is going to come from that. The new policy did not specifically single out firearms, it used the standard catch-all of "shaft." And it has absolutely nothing to do with consumer text messaging.

Sure, it's possible, but until they start fining gun companies for sending out legal 2A promotional material, it's probably going to end up being much ado about nothing. 

We seen to be entering a (much welcomed) era where businesses are trying to distance themselves from political topics. Buds Light and Disney are serving as the cautionary tales. I hope it continues.

5 hours ago, Lord Ratner said:

We seen to be entering a (much welcomed) era where businesses are trying to distance themselves from political topics. Buds Light and Disney are serving as the cautionary tales. I hope it continues.

One can hope.