FY 14 Force Management Program (RIF, VSP, TERA)

AOF_ATC

But I thought the CSAF wanted this to be as fair as possible. Considering they already processed their first batch, approving 380 officers without blinking an eye at the who/where aspect, that wouldn't be "fair" to the rest of us VSPers now would it?

Based on that logic, shouldnt everybody in the AF remain eligible and no year groups should close out? What if an 11F wants to separate? Is it unfair that AF needs dictates they are ineligible? Same with location. Why should an 11M manning a critical billet be released when they can just release one in a non-critical/overmanned billet and save backfill PCS costs? Luckily for all applicants, AFPC probably isnt this smart to look this deeply into it.

So I noticed in the latest pulse that it talks about VSP recoupment in the intro but then fails to mention any thing about it later on in the article. My leadership did say the separations chief mentioned they were working with Air Staff on the applications (talk about micromanagement). I suspect the holdup has something to do with the recoupment decisions for educational benefits e.g. medical school, graduate school, and education with industry. The last update to the PSDM said they were waiting on a decisions from HAF for recoupment. Why this would hold everyone else up is beyond me.

Edited by thirdcoastsurfer

Based on that logic, shouldnt everybody in the AF remain eligible and no year groups should close out? What if an 11F wants to separate? Is it unfair that AF needs dictates they are ineligible? Same with location. Why should an 11M manning a critical billet be released when they can just release one in a non-critical/overmanned billet and save backfill PCS costs? Luckily for all applicants, AFPC probably isnt this smart to look this deeply into it.

Let's hope they aren't that smart. At my base they could just PCA a few folks around and be good to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fantastic article! Forward this to your families, friends, news organizations, congressmen, etc. it's time for a congressional investigation into this nonsense. Thank you TC for being a discernible voice among us.

Fantastic article! Forward this to your families, friends, news organizations, congressmen, etc. it's time for a congressional investigation into this nonsense. Thank you TC for being a discernible voice among us.

It would be nice if we didn't have to go outside the service to address the concerns of those within it. Is this what our organization has become? Thousands of officers and enlisted troops can't get resolution or straight answers on a 5-month program until T.C. updates his blog? I really appreciate what he writes and the attention it brings to our situation; I'm just disappointed our organization is either incapable or unwilling to address this internally. Perhaps this feeling of isolation is why so many of us want out.

It was brought up internally - to the CSAF directly when he visited Altus two months ago. He feigned concern, made a phone call or two, and what did we get? "The Pulse" which is AFPC's way of being transparent. Thanks, General Welsh. You really nipped that one in the bud.

• Upvote 1

It was brought up internally - to the CSAF directly when he visited Altus two months ago. He feigned concern, made a phone call or two, and what did we get? "The Pulse" which is AFPC's way of being transparent. Thanks, General Welsh. You really nipped that one in the bud.

But... he gave a great speech at the academy this one time! He wrote a letter to USAFE fighter pilots! He got rid of Blues Monday... sorta!

All sarcasm aside, if he won't un-fuck this toxic organization, I'm not sure that anyone will.

• Upvote 4

It would be nice if we didn't have to go outside the service to address the concerns of those within it. Is this what our organization has become? Thousands of officers and enlisted troops can't get resolution or straight answers on a 5-month program until T.C. updates his blog? I really appreciate what he writes and the attention it brings to our situation; I'm just disappointed our organization is either incapable or unwilling to address this internally. Perhaps this feeling of isolation is why so many of us want out.

Yeah, I say the same thing all the time. All those Master's Degrees out there and no one can figure this shit out? Money well spent for sure...

(Yeah, I finally got an AAD line in there!)

• Upvote 2

When a MAJCOM CC visited my base, the question was brought up about how we were not getting enough information about these Force Management programs. His answer was that is bullshit and that we were getting enough information. Unbelievable... I had a meeting the other day with my CC and asked him about if he had any news on VSP and he went to the politburo (AFPC) website and gave me information that I already knew. It sucks that even our commanders are being kept in the dark.

Even though it royally sucks that we cannot even depend on our own employer for accurate information, having this site and T.C. broadcasting out the latest scoop has been extremely beneficial.

Edited by Cornholio5

so....what do we thing the odds are of getting results by the 22nd?

Well, to quote Dumb and Dumber, "more like one out of a million." So you're telling me there's a chance!!!!

Sorry Cornholio but I can't resist.

"Thats as good as money, sir. Those are I.O.U.s. Go ahead and add it up, every cents accounted for. Look, see this? Thats a car. 275 thou. Might wanna hang onto that one."

We need something to laugh about

Edited by shweaty
  • Upvote 1

So is anyone else dealing with a pcs and a pending vsp app right now? Just curious what everyone else's functional is telling them.

'05 11M

Dreamkiller, I am in the same boat-2005 11M. I selected that "I have a retirement/separation application in the system" on my ADP since if I am denied VSP, I will attempt the PC route. I asked my functional if I can extend so I can try all separation opportunities and he told me to coordinate with my CC. When I approached my CC, he said that there is no operational need to extend me. I also put in the comments section that I have VSP in now and intend to do the PC route, but I am not sure how much AFPC looks at the comments, or the ADP, anyway. I am attempting to avoid PCS at all costs because I was hired into a reserve gig that is close to where I am stationed now. Keeping my fingers crossed. Should have just applied for PC to begin with...

Also, my functional, who I used to fly with and trust, told me that even they are being kept in the dark as far as VSP status goes. We will see...

Edited by Cornholio5

Dreamkiller, I am in the same boat-2005 11M. I selected that "I have a retirement/separation application in the system" on my ADP since if I am denied VSP, I will attempt the PC route. I asked my functional if I can extend so I can try all separation opportunities and he told me to coordinate with my CC. When I approached my CC, he said that there is no operational need to extend me. I also put in the comments section that I have VSP in now and intend to do the PC route, but I am not sure how much AFPC looks at the comments, or the ADP, anyway. I am attempting to avoid PCS at all costs because I was hired into a full-time reserve gig. Keeping my fingers crossed. Should have just applied for PC to begin with...

That's interesting. I'm dealing with the exact opposite. My cc agrees with me that I should be extended since I could be better utilized if I remain in place instead of moving twice in a matter of a few months. Unfortunately, the functional doesn't see it that way and says I should move anyway and to "not worry about it because it is on the Air Force's dime anyways."

Mover's come on the 26th, and if I don't get approval for an extension by this Thursday, then I'll be making a call to the ig since they aren't following the vsp psdm guidance for people in our situation.

Is anybody else an '03 11M still waiting on vsp results? Heck, is anyone a 03 11M who was approved vsp or PC for that matter? Ground control to Major Tom? Tell me there is an 03 11M with some good news.

Dreamkiller, I am in the same boat-2005 11M. I selected that "I have a retirement/separation application in the system" on my ADP since if I am denied VSP, I will attempt the PC route. I asked my functional if I can extend so I can try all separation opportunities and he told me to coordinate with my CC. When I approached my CC, he said that there is no operational need to extend me. I also put in the comments section that I have VSP in now and intend to do the PC route, but I am not sure how much AFPC looks at the comments, or the ADP, anyway. I am attempting to avoid PCS at all costs because I was hired into a reserve gig that is close to where I am stationed now. Keeping my fingers crossed. Should have just applied for PC to begin with...

Also, my functional, who I used to fly with and trust, told me that even they are being kept in the dark as far as VSP status goes. We will see...

Supposedly a guy at my base put in for VSP, was denied and PCS'd, and the PC'd on arrival at his new duty station. PCS'd back to the Reserve squadron at my base.

Not verified but good source.