FY 14 Force Management Program (RIF, VSP, TERA)

AOF_ATC

what's the deal with core AFSC? can that be changed? 11M but PCS'd to the MC-12 along with many others and our home station sent an email saying they were changing our core AFSC to 11R

I originally tried to PM this to you, but it said you could not accept any new messages. I have deleted the name of the person you need to contact to protect his privacy, but if you can clear out your PM's and PM me then I can send you his name.

You need to email "NAME" at AFPC. He is the guy in charge of ISR Assignments and the only one that can update your core ID. Your squadron in conjunction with MPF is able to update your DAFSC and your PAFSC so make sure those both reflect 11R, but also make sure you have "NAME" update your Core ID as well because that can disqualify you if not correct. I was in the same boat... PAFSC and DAFSC said 11R, but Core ID said 11K from my FAIP days. One e-mail to "Name" fixed it within hours.

what's the deal with core AFSC? can that be changed? 11M but PCS'd to the MC-12 along with many others and our home station sent an email saying they were changing our core AFSC to 11R

Fly6584 is correct. However, be cautious with changing your core. AFPC seems to randomly change them without your explicit permission or knowledge. Could be bad JuJu if you're not actively monitoring it.

Bought me a second ALFA in a row when my original MWS porch couldn't even see me in their rolls. (Supposedly due to the Core ID being messed with)

Guys, I think I've figured it all out. Apparently, 13-130 outlines the conditions for RIF eligible officers, which includes allowing them to apply for VSP, and 14-08 is a program that allows officers with more than 6 but less than 20 yrs of service who are not RIF eligible to apply for VSP to help the Air Force with its reduction quota. They're two separate programs. If an officer is not RIF eligible, then they fall under the 14-08 program if they wish to separate. 14-08 refers officers to 13-65, which states certain ADSC's are not waiverable. So if a pilot is not RIF eligible but they still wish to separate, they fall under 14-08 and 13-65. If an officer is RIF eligible, then they fall under 13-130 which allows them to apply for VSP and it does not refer to 13-65, meaning ADSC's are not restricted from being waived.

Also, just a heads up, the VSP application only lists your TAFMS date, not your TAFCS date. This matters if you're prior enlisted. My WG/CC approved my application but wrote in the comments that my year group wasn't RIF eligible. He was basing this on my TAFMS date on the application, not my TAFCS date, which actually does put me in the eligible block. RIF eligible year groups are based on your TAFCS date.

Guys, I think I've figured it all out. Apparently, 13-130 outlines the conditions for RIF eligible officers, which includes allowing them to apply for VSP, and 14-08 is a program that allows officers with more than 6 but less than 20 yrs of service who are not RIF eligible to apply for VSP to help the Air Force with its reduction quota. They're two separate programs. If an officer is not RIF eligible, then they fall under the 14-08 program if they wish to separate. 14-08 refers officers to 13-65, which states certain ADSC's are not waiverable. So if a pilot is not RIF eligible but they still wish to separate, they fall under 14-08 and 13-65. If an officer is RIF eligible, then they fall under 13-130 which allows them to apply for VSP and it does not refer to 13-65, meaning ADSC's are not restricted from being waived.

Also, just a heads up, the VSP application only lists your TAFMS date, not your TAFCS date. This matters if you're prior enlisted. My WG/CC approved my application but wrote in the comments that my year group wasn't RIF eligible. He was basing this on my TAFMS date on the application, not my TAFCS date, which actually does put me in the eligible block. RIF eligible year groups are based on your TAFCS date.

Interesting. We just had an 11B, 2005 year group, told that no UPT ADSCs were being waived by AFPC, but they'd still be vulnerable for the RIF. I'll tell him to re-attack and see if he gets a different answer from a different person at AFPC.

See 4-5 pages ago. 5 Feb. You nailed it though. Same thing TFSC said.

Interesting. We just had an 11B, 2005 year group, told that no UPT ADSCs were being waived by AFPC, but they'd still be vulnerable for the RIF. I'll tell him to re-attack and see if he gets a different answer from a different person at AFPC.

I know this happened last time, but this some serious stupidity. I really want to know the rationale for not waiving my upt commitment, denying my vsp, and then trying to rif me. Seems borderline criminal, disingenuous at the very least.

Fly6584 is correct. However, be cautious with changing your core. AFPC seems to randomly change them without your explicit permission or knowledge. Could be bad JuJu if you're not actively monitoring it.

Bought me a second ALFA in a row when my original MWS porch couldn't even see me in their rolls. (Supposedly due to the Core ID being messed with)

yeah, I don't want my core changed....that's why i'm asking the question.

Is the MC-12 considered an ALFA tour or a cross-flow MWS?

ask 10 different people, 5 will say Alfa, 5 will say MWS. I'd assume its an alfa since you do not incur an ADSC for IQT/MQT like other airframes

Someone speculated that the "overage" in 11Rs was actually mostly MC-12 guys. Thoughts?

don't think so. when this program goes away later this year, there will be 300 pilots looking for homes. I think way more people than that matrix says

Where is Vetter? I remember him saying in another thread that he was passed over twice, refused continuation, and he was sent a bill for the last year of his UPT ADSC.

Not saying he didn't get a bill...hopefully, he fought paying it and won, since there is no authority to require repayment.

Voluntary Seps are covered under 36-3207, dtd 9 Jul 04.

2.2. Recoupment.
2.2.1. The immediate commanders, supervisors, or MPF chiefs advise officers that if SAF
approves their request for release from active duty or accepts their resignations they may be
subject to recoupment of a portion of education assistance, special pay, or bonuses received if
they leave active duty before completing the period of active duty they agreed to serve. See
Chapter 1, Section 1E, of this AFI for recoupment requirements.
2.2.2. Officers who are subject to recoupment of education assistance, special pay, or
bonuses must sign the statements in Attachment 4.

Guest ThatGuy

Some aren't even classified as 11Rs, so I wouldn't bet on it.

AFPC is classifying everyone in that program as an 11R. That came down last week from the heavens where the AFPC gods reside. One CC was walking around and asking individuals to check their Core ID in AMS because he wants to make sure AFPC is actually performing the updates. Call his actions on the spot checks.

Edited by slick999

Still zero success applying. vMPF won't display the screen. For the last several days, I only get the error messages on vMPF as a warning, then when I proceed to Self Service Actions, Voluntary Sep, nothing happens. What am I doing wrong?

Also, I am working on my letters to the board(s). Who exactly do I send that/those to?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

FWIW, I am a 2004 11S; applying anyway because.. well you know why.

Edited by Fozzy Bear

Still zero success applying. vMPF won't display the screen. For the last several days, I only get the error messages on vMPF as a warning, then when I proceed to Self Service Actions, Voluntary Sep, nothing happens. What am I doing wrong?

Also, I am working on my letters to the board(s). Who exactly do I send that/those to?

Does this seem to be a server problem? There have been a lot of issues with the Separations part of the vMPF. When I had issues, just hitting refresh a few times eventually worked, or else logging out, closing all the windows, and reopening the site.

For letters to the board, check PSDM 13-130. Pretty sure it even has the address to send it to.

Make sure you have pop-up blockers disabled because it opens up the application in a separate window. Also, make sure you are using IE. I didn't have much luck with other browsers.

Make sure you have pop-up blockers disabled because it opens up the application in a separate window. Also, make sure you are using IE. I didn't have much luck with other browsers.

Two. Also, clear your SSL cache and log in to vMPF with the email cert. Not sure why that matters, but....

BTW, anyone have trouble loading the new portal? I have needed to reload two-three times to get it to look correct.

Someone speculated that the "overage" in 11Rs was actually mostly MC-12 guys. Thoughts?

That wouldn't make any sense because MC-12s are "Critically Manned!!" ie they won't let anyone palace chase, vsp, pcs, etc. but don't worry, over the course of a day, in the mid-term future, the glitch will be fixed and there will be a few hundred pilots looking for jobs. Reference every other comment ever about the clowns at AFPC...

AFPC is classifying everyone in that program as an 11R. That came down last week from the heavens where the AFPC gods reside. One CC was walking around and asking individuals to check their Core ID in AMS because he wants to make sure AFPC is actually performing the updates. Call his actions on the spot checks.

wow, wtf...........

in positive news, Wg/CC recommended approval as well and now at BPO..

That wouldn't make any sense because MC-12s are "Critically Manned!!" ie they won't let anyone palace chase, vsp, pcs, etc. but don't worry, over the course of a day, in the mid-term future, the glitch will be fixed and there will be a few hundred pilots looking for jobs. Reference every other comment ever about the clowns at AFPC...

yep...short term solution to a long term problem....6 months from now AFPC will be like oh shit, we have 300 pilots now with no homes.....

Edited by tunes