FY 14 Force Management Program (RIF, VSP, TERA)

AOF_ATC

Guest ThatGuy

After my last post, I emailed the chief of retirements and separations directly.

Two questions: 1) As a 2006 11M, when can I expect to hear something back about VSP? Answer: All applications that need an ADSC wavier will be adjudicated after the window closes on 1 May.

2) Why wait when all 11Xs from 2004-2008 will need am ADSC wavier? No answer.

I will give the guy credit for writing me back when he could have ignored the email. Also, his response came after 1800 central time, so at least someone is working late.

He responded to you via crackberry probably.

Ahh, the classic "respond to only the parts of the email I want and ignore the rest" technique.

Funny how the part that doesn't get answered is the only question you needed the answer to. But, don't go trying to only include that question, or highlighting this question is important or they will go with the other technique, "do not send read reply, delete that shit".

These techniques, and many more can be found in the same leadership text that first brought you the "sandwich technique" of saying something bad surrounded by good...yeah, don't do that shit either.

Bendy

Anybody have trouble accessing AFPC secure apps and vMPF on Moralenet at their "disclosed" location? It worked fine at home, but I haven't been able to get the page to load since I've been out here. Portal and webmail work fine.

11R, 2008, ADSC (obviously), still at BPO/Voluntary Sep Office

2) Why wait when all 11Xs from 2004-2008 will need an ADSC wavier?

This is the one question I wish one of our managers would answer.

No answer.

Not surprised.

Waiting for the next 8 days to go by is going to be painful.

Anybody have trouble accessing AFPC secure apps and vMPF on Moralenet at their "disclosed" location? It worked fine at home, but I haven't been able to get the page to load since I've been out here. Portal and webmail work fine.

11R, 2008, ADSC (obviously), still at BPO/Voluntary Sep Office

You know nothing will happen til after the 1st with your app... Just use the nipr at work. I never had an issue

Posted from the NEW Baseops.net App!

Nothing in 14-08 specifies Apps with ADSCs will be "adjudicated" after 1 May. It says all remaining. However, we are seeing apps still being processed. So who's to say they are in fact waiting on 11X apps other than the fact that we haven't seen a lot of applications results lately on here?

Edited by lossofclocklossofdata

Has everyone seen the webinar slides posted on myPers dated 8 Apr? Slide 6 is particularly interesting. Says "airmen receive 120 days from notification to separation" as a change. So they're going to change all the approvals to a September separation or they're just bad at math?

This other nugget in particular worries me as an RPA guy. "Adjudicating rated applications by RDTM AND PAS. Need to ensure retention of Airmen with specialized training for critical missions." Sooooo.... Our current assigned unit is now a consideration? Fantastic. 11M with an 18S AFSC should be a red flag then. Just get on with it already.

Has everyone seen the webinar slides posted on myPers dated 8 Apr? Slide 6 is particularly interesting. Says "airmen receive 120 days from notification to separation" as a change. So they're going to change all the approvals to a September separation or they're just bad at math?

This other nugget in particular worries me as an RPA guy. "Adjudicating rated applications by RDTM AND PAS. Need to ensure retention of Airmen with specialized training for critical missions." Sooooo.... Our current assigned unit is now a consideration? Fantastic. 11M with an 18S AFSC should be a red flag then. Just get on with it already.

Yea, I was wondering about that same thing. The original Voluntary Eligibilty matrix (blue/red) said they would base 11xx and 12xx eligibilty on RDTM. This PAS is new. They just keep adding more stipulations and qualifiers to this mess. At a certain point, your goal is either to reduce 11xx/12xx YGs or not. This could be yet another instance of moving the goal posts.

Edited by Lumbergh

Well, this is the one thing I was waiting on to kill the rest of my hope. There's no way guys like me are going to be let go with 18X stink on us.

The manning in my squadron is only getting worse as this year progresses, and I was hoping to get out of jail and avoid the upcoming ass-pain. There's not much of an influx of new RPA pilots (at least for us for the next 6 months), they've already gutted 11Ms to send to RPAs/Staff/MC-12 and want others to VSP/TERA, and the 11Fs are all desperately needed either back in the F-16 or to backfill T-38 slots due to the same issue. Bravo.

Edited by MooseAg03

Rumor from today is that the MC-12 guys were given 1 week to turn in an ADP because they're all going somewhere that isn't with the jets to AFSOC...

Can anyone validate that?

Buddy of mine got email yesterday afternoon VSP approved.

2002 year group

11R

ADSC Flying training expires 30 APR 2014

PCS ADSC 20 Nov 2014

Thought they were not doing anything till after 1 May???

My application still no movement since 28 Feb.....at VSP office

I'm an 11M. ADSC 27 Apr 2017, 2001 year group....my year group is now red....lost cause at this point more than likely

Rumor from today is that the MC-12 guys were given 1 week to turn in an ADP because they're all going somewhere that isn't with the jets to AFSOC...

Can anyone validate that?

Several of my buddies in MC-12s have started talking about having to fill out ADPs, still waiting on further details from them. Edited by Fuzz

Nothing in 14-08 specifies Apps with ADSCs will be "adjudicated" after 1 May. It says all remaining. However, we are seeing apps still being processed. So who's to say they are in fact waiting on 11X apps other than the fact that we haven't seen a lot of applications results lately on here?

It seems that their intent is to process applications with ADSC after May 1. It also seems that no one at AFPC reads the PSDMs that they release and that the people tasked to draft (and approve) them apparently don't go to any of the meetings...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I sit on the staff perch. My leadership has kept pretty close comms with AFPC sep. Surprised others are in the wilderness.

The VSP apps being adjudicated pre May 1 are ones not requiring adsc waivers. The guy recently denied '03 11M was denied because his year group closed out on the matrix (probably because people they approved had no adsc or adsc closing out imminently).

After May 1, sep branch plans to adjudicate applications using RDTM, yr group matrix, and ADSC from least to most. So, if you are an '05 11M with 4 yrs, a Gi bill, and TA that is going to look less favorable than say a clean kill 2 yrs ADSC left.

While it will not be a primary consideration, due to some pushback, there will be some weighted consideratiom given to where someone is stationed (i.e 11M RPA dude). After all, a particular weapons systems cannot go from mission capable to non mission capable virtually overnight. Overall, however, afpc plans to primarily use the assignment system to redistribute mission requirements, so leadership is expecting approvals even at bases with "mission requirements" just perhaps fewer. I guess we will all see soon...

Edited by spaw2001

After May 1, sep branch plans to adjudicate applications using RDTM, yr group matrix, and ADSC from least to most. So, if you are an '05 11M with 4 yrs, a Gi bill, and TA that is going to look less favorable than say a clean kill 2 yrs ADSC left.

Is an ADSC that is going to be recouped from the member like tuition assistance going to be a discriminator? I mean, wouldn't the Air Force want to get rid of the kid who has to pay back a portion of that stupid TUI degree vs. a guy who is free and clear from his AMU degree ADSC? It almost makes more sense to find the guys with ADSCs that have to be paid back and get rid of them first because big blue would have to pay them a few grand less.