Rep. Duckworth owns VA disability poser.

discus

Don't agree with a lot of her politics, but this is pretty awesome. The guy she is talking to went to a West Point prep school, where he twisted his ankle (He went on to play QB at SanDiego State). He has claimed disability for it, and gotten VA small business preference, as well as the magical 30%. She totally calls him on it.

• Upvote 2

While she's at it, she should go after the millions of people on food stamps, govt housing, etc who don't need it either...guarantee that won't happen. I applaud her for at least doing something right, but make no mistake--she picks and choses where to go after people who are receiving benefits who do not truly deserve/need them.

• Upvote 2

While she's at it, she should go after the millions of people on food stamps, govt housing, etc who don't need it either...guarantee that won't happen. I applaud her for at least doing something right, but make no mistake--she picks and choses where to go after people who are receiving benefits who do not truly deserve/need them.

Big "2"......

Rep. Duckworth is an amaizing gal.....took an RPG in her UH-60 in Iraq, lost both legs, refuesed to take a medical retirement and is still an 05 with the Ill. ARNG.....although her politics are what they are, she is a trooper of the highest caliber. Total respect for this fellow aviator. I wish the rest of the hosebags in Congress had even one ounce of her grit..... :salut:

Edited by Spur38

Nice work. It is too bad that she doesn't believe that we peasants are worthy to own an AR-15.

http://startingpoint...arget-practice/

REPRESENTATIVE Duckworth is from the 8th congressional district in Illinois. This is Northern Chicago, right on the lake. As a representative, it is her job to represent the desires of her constituents in DC. (Basic High School government class) Guess what the people of Northern Chicago want? Is it so bad that she is simply doing her job? Besides, I'm more inclined to believe that she has earned the right, much more than many other dirt bags out there in DC to be in the position she is in. Good on the people of Chicago for electing her.

I'm all for being able to own whatever fire arms I want, I believe it is a constitutional right, and I let MY representatives in New Mexico know that. It's how this country is supposed to work.

Edit: Horrible spelling.

Edited by discus

REPRESENTATIVE Duckworth is from the 8th congressional district in Illinois. This is Northern Chicago, right on the lake. As a representative, it is her job to represent the desires of her constituants in DC. (Basic High School government class) Guess what the people of Northern Chicago want? Is it so bad that she is simply doing her job? Besides, I'm more inclined to believe that she has earned the right, much more than many other dirt bags out there in DC to be in the position she is in. Good on the people of Chicago for electing her.

I'm all for being able to own whatever fire arms I want, I believe it is a constitutional right, and I let MY representatives in New Mexico know that. It's how this country is suppoused to work.

It's not supposed to be up for debate, regardless of how her constituents feel about the 2nd Amendment. I respect her military service and appreciate that she stands on her principles...but she, like almost all politicians, have selective outrage and are hypocrites. Just realize that they don't truly care about your Liberty when it's in conflict with their ideology.

• Upvote 4

EVERYTHING is up for debate. Amendments can be amended with another amendment. The constitution can be interpreted with an amendment. Once again, high school government class. It just has to have the political backing to happen. This is 'Murica. I suspect your problem comes from the fact that these rights are being infringed on without going through the correct process (gun control without amending the constitution). That's where I have a problem to, and where I disagree with her.

Edit: To not sound like a flaming liberal, just making a point.

Edited by discus

You're correct in that The Constitution can be amended by the appropriate process--our Founding Fathers were wise enough to know that things they could not foresee would come up and would need to be dealt it with. However, when was the last time a gun control measure was seriously offered up or 'debated' as a Constituional Amendment?? I'm not aware of this happening, not in recent times...and really not ever (tried to find one and couldn't, but by all means correct me again if I am mistaken).

Dems and Republicans LOVE to circumvent The Constitution on a whole range of issues...once in a while they're struct down, most times they are not, hence why we have all these damn Federal and State laws to begin with. So again, if she or anybody else wants to truly 'debate' the issue of the 2nd Amendment or anything else in The Constitution then I am all for having that debate...just don't fool yourself to what is actually going on.

• Upvote 1