The dry island of Japan

kchsload

Yokota was the best flying assignment one could dream of! Now because of these constant run ins at Kadena and stricter curfews It seems I wouldn't wish that assignment or any Japanese assignment on anyone these days.

It's going to be total lock down for those poor saps. No more Roppongi trips til 6 am, no more getting to go out and experience the good times Japan has to offer. What a damn shame... Lets hope there will be light at the end of the tunnel....

But damn...AF dude at Kadena, a 13 year old!?! What a way to go out as a punk that punched a 13 year old in the face... Stupid... And thanks for the added curfew mess

Keep perspective. This has happened before in the past (imagine rolling an airlift crew into shoppette after landing and finding chains and padlocks on the beer doors--takes AC skills to prevent E mutiny). And it passed. So to will this. Just keep a cool head, and keep those around you cool, and it'll pass into a beer drinking story.

So how many sexual assaults happen in the states? I wonder why we haven't implemented these procedures in the US yet...

Shutuuuuuuuup..... you dont know who's looking for the next "good" idea!

Seriously though, what happened to "don't be an asshole" and its companion rule "don't let your buddy be an asshole"? Believe it or not it is entirely possible to go out, get drunk, have a great time and NOT cause an international incident.

• Upvote 2

One of the most frustrating parts of the situation is the uncertainty surrounding the curfew. We have heard everything from Christmas, to New Years, to 8 months from now. Among some of the other ideas on the table include a liberty pass policy (which may already be in the works... as all E-4s and below at Yokota have to have a "wingman" with them if they are off base from 1700-0500) and banning military members from drinking in public or on the trains (which to anyone who has been here knows will make that hour train ride to downtown painful). I just hope I can get at least one last Roppongi push in before I PCS.

One of the most frustrating parts of the situation is the uncertainty surrounding the curfew. We have heard everything from Christmas, to New Years, to 8 months from now. Among some of the other ideas on the table include a liberty pass policy (which may already be in the works... as all E-4s and below at Yokota have to have a "wingman" with them if they are off base from 1700-0500) and banning military members from drinking in public or on the trains (which to anyone who has been here knows will make that hour train ride to downtown painful). I just hope I can get at least one last Roppongi push in before I PCS.

Are you in the 36th?

Very true on the perspective part, but I just wonder when is someone going to say enough is enough? It seems when things go wrong on Okinawa they are making their way up to the mainland now, not just staying down south.

Pretty sure at least one recent incident happened on mainland, don't blame this all on Oki.

Pretty sure at least one recent incident happened on mainland, don't blame this all on Oki.

Things have happened on the mainland but nothing to the degree of what has happened on oki. In my time at Japan we had one incident on the mainland one of which was small and had no repercussions...

• 2 weeks later...