Proper military push ups

Sunlight

I want to start the exercises but I need further explanations. My issues are concerned about the position of the elbows, hands and shoulders during push-ups.

The issues about the starting position. In the starting position, are my shoulders, elbows and hands in the same vertical line? If the answer is yes, that means that the distance between my hands is the same as the distance between my shoulders. If not, that could mean the distance between my hands is bigger than the distance between my shoulders. It could mean also that the line that would link my shoulders is behind the line that would link my hands. Is this right?

The issues about the final position. In the final position, do the elbows stay in the same line with shoulders? Let's say it with other words: is the distance between elbows in the final position the same as the distance between the elbows in the star position? Does it stay unchanged? If the answer is yes, that would mean that the elbows are very close to the body and in the line with shoulders. But if not, that means that the left elbow goes to the left side and the right elbow goes to the right side of the body.

If it depends on the sort of the push ups, I would be glad to hear your explanation of this issues in the context of each sort. I tried to learn more and found out that there are different sorts of push ups. It is very difficult to find the correct instructions for proper military push ups.

Just describe me the way you do or the way your army coach trained you to do military push ups and I think that will be O.K.

I want to start the exercises but I need further explanations. My issues are concerned about the position of the elbows, hands and shoulders during push-ups.

The issues about the starting position. In the starting position, are my shoulders, elbows and hands in the same vertical line? If the answer is yes, that means that the distance between my hands is the same as the distance between my shoulders. If not, that could mean the distance between my hands is bigger than the distance between my shoulders. It could mean also that the line that would link my shoulders is behind the line that would link my hands. Is this right?

The issues about the final position. In the final position, do the elbows stay in the same line with shoulders? Let's say it with other words: is the distance between elbows in the final position the same as the distance between the elbows in the star position? Does it stay unchanged? If the answer is yes, that would mean that the elbows are very close to the body and in the line with shoulders. But if not, that means that the left elbow goes to the left side and the right elbow goes to the right side of the body.

If it depends on the sort of the push ups, I would be glad to hear your explanation of this issues in the context of each sort. I tried to learn more and found out that there are different sorts of push ups. It is very difficult to find the correct instructions for proper military push ups.

Just describe me the way you do or the way your army coach trained you to do military push ups and I think that will be O.K.

Wow

Here ya go: http://uwf.edu/afrotc/resources/regs/AFI10-248-FitnessProgram.pdf

Attachment 11 covers pushups.