Jet Pac

Prosuper

That is absolutely positively awesome.

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/03/13/future-jetpacks-sale-late-year/

Well, for one thing, boats require a license. The Martin jetpack, on the other hand, was designed to meet the Federal Aviation Administration's Part 103 Regulations which govern "ultralight" vehicles that don't require a pilot's license (though the company does require you to enroll in its training class prior to flying). But the FAA isn't even certain that jetpacks will fall under its regulations. A spokeswoman from the FAA's communications office wavered on whether jetpacks would be covered by Part 103, telling us at one point "we do not regulate jetpacks."

Ultimately, she decided that jetpacks would be covered ... probably. "As long as they meet the definition of an ultralight, they are not required to have an aircraft certification, pilot license or register the aircraft," she said.

It would seem not, at least for the moment.

Sec. 103.1 Applicability.

This part prescribes rules governing the operation of ultralight vehicles in the United States. For the purposes of this part, an ultralight vehicle is a vehicle that:

(a) Is used or intended to be used for manned operation in the air by a single occupant;

(b) Is used or intended to be used for recreation or sport purposes only;

(c ) Does not have any U.S. or foreign airworthiness certificate; and

(d) If unpowered, weighs less than 155 pounds; or

(e) If powered:

(1) Weighs less than 254 pounds empty weight, excluding floats and safety devices which are intended for deployment in a potentially catastrophic situation;

(2) Has a fuel capacity not exceeding 5 U.S. gallons;

(3) Is not capable of more than 55 knots calibrated airspeed at full power in level flight; and

(4) Has a power-off stall speed which does not exceed 24 knots calibrated airspeed.

I don't see how it can be classified as an ultralight due to items 3 and 4 above.

Sec. 103.1 Applicability.

(3) Is not capable of more than 55 knots calibrated airspeed at full

power in level flight; and

(4) Has a power-off stall speed which does not exceed 24 knots calibrated

airspeed.

I don't see how it can be classified as an ultralight due to items 3 and 4 above.

Easy...it probably doesn't have a pitot system, thus calibrated airspeed measurments are N/A.

Above average flight overall, unfortuantely it's an UNSAT for landing.

Chairfly.

That's a pretty decent landing for having a couple hundred extra pounds of bulky shit strapped on ya.

And (via my untrained eye) doesn't look like a typical tandem chute that skydiving instructors wear when they have an extra body strapped on so that makes the landing a bit more impressive.

I wonder if each one will have to be custom built, the weight, height and body build must effect flight handling and weight and balance issues. Plus you have to be strong enough to be able to strap this machine on you at a full fuel weight. The pilot in the video looks to be a little over 6ft tall. Plus using a helicopter to get you airborne would sky rocket the costs to price me out of it.