ANG/AFRC Hiring Freeze

matmacwc

I'm hearing the same about the CA NG/ANG. I'm not sure what exactly is affected by the freeze though. The individual I got my info from is being asked to back fill a state active duty position (not to be confused with state military reserve),and this freeze may screw that up.

I've talked to both ANG and AFR in three different states. I've also been talking to the ANG recruiter in the local area. No one has ever mentioned a hiring freeze, either current or impending. If I hear otherwise, I'll be the first to let everyone know.

Thanks for the bro level, I was hired months ago and my spot was taken away due to budget problems but I'm promised my spot will be available when I show up. Like loosing a few ART job's will fix our problems.

Thanks for the bro level, I was hired months ago and my spot was taken away due to budget problems but I'm promised my spot will be available when I show up. Like loosing a few ART job's will fix our problems.

While I haven't heard of any large reductions, there is always the local ebb and flow in manning. One Colorado unit I talked to said they had recently been turned into an associate unit and lost a chunk of their navigator manning. Other units are in the process of shuffling slots to deal with retirements, promotions and other horse trading. Most of my prior experience has been with the Guard so I'm not very familiar with how it works in the Reserves, but most units will find a way. I've seen more than one squadron use a new hire's time in training to find a slot.

Why's that funny?

You're right, it is not funny. It is also not uncommon.

Shit changes faster and for more ridiculous reasons in the Guard than in the AD, both good and bad. I have mentioned several times that the ARC is anything but the perfect world. People get fucked in the ARC, too.

I've seen guys jump for a full time ARC job get screwed "for reasons beyond anyone's control" (which is often not exactly true) more than once.

I hope this latest issue doesn't screw too many people but it might hit a few pretty hard.

There is a hiring freeze/slowdown on DoD GS jobs which is making ART job hiring difficult because you essentially are filling two different jobs...the mil/TR job and the GS job. The TR part is easy. Guys are running into real problems getting the civilian personnel crap solved to fill the GS part. Civilian job means dealing with civilian bureaucracy/laziness which is 1000 times worse than military bureaucracy

There is a hiring freeze/slowdown on DoD GS jobs which is making ART job hiring difficult because you essentially are filling two different jobs...the mil/TR job and the GS job. The TR part is easy. Guys are running into real problems getting the civilian personnel crap solved to fill the GS part. Civilian job means dealing with civilian bureaucracy/laziness which is 1000 times worse than military bureaucracy

I'm working an RPA on an enlisted ART job in my shop right now, and my squadron just posted/closed out 4 ART jobs to USAJobs. It may be slow, but there is no "freeze" per se. Then again, I guess I'm just used to dealing with laziness/slowness here locally so the higher level slow down goes unnoticed.