Shoe Clerk Vol 3

Guest Buff1569

I used to love sitting in Wing Staff meeting and listen to the Wing CC "go around the room" at the end... The MXG, MSG, Med Gp CC's would all have some stupid queep that they would spend 5 minutes babbling about.

Ha, so true. Those meetings are where I also heard a term I couldn't believe I was hearing......."slidesmanship"

Back a few years ago in the ops/mnx disfunctional marriage, the DO ran flight operations, while the SQ/CC ran maintenance and queep. At least it was that way in my squadron. The DO had a meeting with the rated flight commanders and ADOs separately.

Get a load of this:

Cap caper ends Guardsman's career

http://www.kasa.com/....career_4067347

Two things. 1) Too many details that are obviously left out, likely intentionally, to stir the pot. 2) Too bad the airman wasn't a Reservist instead of a Guardsman. A Reservist could have just said "FUBIJAR" and walked away while Mr. Shortpants stood there speechless.

Yes. I have a friend who is a JAG there. She says there is much, MUCH more to the story (of course, she can't say what). If you look down in the comments section, you will see a comment left that says the kid returned 20 min later with his hat on inside AGAIN... Also, the news story says something to the effect of "he already had a lot of diciplinary paperwork". Leads me to believe the kid is a shit bag who we don't want in the AF anyway.

Yes. I have a friend who is a JAG there. She says there is much, MUCH more to the story (of course, she can't say what). If you look down in the comments section, you will see a comment left that says the kid returned 20 min later with his hat on inside AGAIN... Also, the news story says something to the effect of "he already had a lot of diciplinary paperwork". Leads me to believe the kid is a shit bag who we don't want in the AF anyway.

Right and the shoe was completely in the right by continuing the confrontation out in the parking lot and blocking the airman in his spot. Oh noes! He wore his hat indoors twice? Definately deserves to be kicked out for that! I hope you never wear the wrong colored socks- twice.

Right and the shoe was completely in the right by continuing the confrontation out in the parking lot and blocking the airman in his spot. Oh noes! He wore his hat indoors twice? Definately deserves to be kicked out for that! I hope you never wear the wrong colored socks- twice.

Have you tried to kick a dirtbag enlisted troop out lately? (Or officer for that matter) It's F'ing TOUGH to do, and the ADC fights you all the way. If your paperwork is not perfectly squared away, you can't get rid of 'em. I'm as anti-shoe as the next guy, and I'm sure the sky cop was less than perfect in his response, but if you can find the "straw that breaks the camels back" you hang your hat on it and run with it. I suspect that this straw was what they chose to run with.

If the kid was not a dirtbag then I promise you, the NM ANG would be stomping a hole in that cops ass.

• Upvote 1

I'm just a SNAP at CBM, but I had a little shoe-ish encounter today that maybe some wise men can help clarify for me:

Wife and I go off base to a gym and to see a movie. Come back on later that evening, but at the gate the A1C checks my ID and pops a salute, while still holding my ID in his other hand. Me and the wife are in civilian attire. I give him a head nod and say good evening, and am about to leave when I realize he still has my ID. So I ask for it back, and he mumbles something incoherent. I think he's being coy and playing some sort of joke on me, so I just ask again if I can have my ID back. He responds, "once you render the proper customs and courtesies, sir". After a blank look from me for a few seconds, I realize he wants me to salute him back, while wearing my civilian gym attire. So I go ahead and give him one, and we drive off. What is the true protocol on this and should I do in the future?

Edit: for brevity

Edited by WeagleWeagle

Have you tried to kick a dirtbag enlisted troop out lately? (Or officer for that matter) It's F'ing TOUGH to do, and the ADC fights you all the way. If your paperwork is not perfectly squared away, you can't get rid of 'em. I'm as anti-shoe as the next guy, and I'm sure the sky cop was less than perfect in his response, but if you can find the "straw that breaks the camels back" you hang your hat on it and run with it. I suspect that this straw was what they chose to run with.

If the kid was not a dirtbag then I promise you, the NM ANG would be stomping a hole in that cops ass.

The thing that is crazy to me, is the Air Force would rather have some bogus reason to throw someone out than just giving the honest reason. We have a shit bag at our squadron that fukcs up regularly. He is a SSgt that has been fired from four different offices while working in a joint environment. Instead of just getting him out for being horrible at his job they are kicking him out for failure to adapt. He has been in the Air Force for 5 years! How does this make any sense? Why can't the Air Force just be honest about the situation and fire someone who is not competent.

It is obviously not our squadron's fault. They used the only tool they had to kick him out. It just doesn't make sense to me.

Edited by one