Bow and Arrow rules on Base

runnerdm6

I tried searching "archery" and didn't get the answers I was looking for. If there's something I missed or if this should be part of another thread, please let me know.

I'm wondering if anyone knows the rules for having a compound bow and equipment on base (or who I could contact to find out). Do I have to store it at the Armory like I would a gun? I'm at Columbus if that helps. Thanks!

I tried searching "archery" and didn't get the answers I was looking for. If there's something I missed or if this should be part of another thread, please let me know.

I'm wondering if anyone knows the rules for having a compound bow and equipment on base (or who I could contact to find out). Do I have to store it at the Armory like I would a gun? I'm at Columbus if that helps. Thanks!

I had my bow on base back at Little Rock, they even had an archery range on base. Shouldn't be an issue...

cheers :beer:

• Upvote 1

They have an archery range at Columbus on on the far side of the field near the antenna farm. The only weapons that need to be stored in the armory are "firearms" and since the bow doesn't have anything that goes BOOM, you should be fine

You sure about that?

RamboIITorquebow-9.jpgPredatorCustomTorqueBow-1.jpg

Edited by Timbonez

Rambo jokes aside in this day and age you can’t be too careful. Especially dealing with gAyETC.

I would NOT call the SPs first.

I would call the Rod and Gun club. Archery might not be their bag but they should be able to point you in the right direction to do some research. Research all the way down to who you got your quarters from, i.e. anything on the paperwork you signed restricting archery equipment? Billeting should have their stuff in the office for you to read. When you do your research, make copies of all the regs and keep them with your archery stuff. That way if your busted on some little sup you didn’t find it shows you were trying to do the right thing.

Only thing I can think of that might bite you would be a broadhead or other type of actual hunting tip.

What kind of bow you got?

I'll be getting a Hoyt Vulcan when I go home this weekend. I haven't shot in a while (college got in the way), so I'm pretty out of the loop right now. My dad's pretty big into archery, so he's setting me up with a package he assures me is good.

Rambo jokes aside in this day and age you can’t be too careful. Especially dealing with gAyETC.

I would NOT call the SPs first.

I would call the Rod and Gun club. Archery might not be their bag but they should be able to point you in the right direction to do some research. Research all the way down to who you got your quarters from, i.e. anything on the paperwork you signed restricting archery equipment? Billeting should have their stuff in the office for you to read. When you do your research, make copies of all the regs and keep them with your archery stuff. That way if your busted on some little sup you didn’t find it shows you were trying to do the right thing.

Only thing I can think of that might bite you would be a broadhead or other type of actual hunting tip.

Also worth talking to outdoor rec. They often have areas you can do that kind of stuff on (as long as no booms are involved).

I hate you. Sweet hunting deals always seem to elude me.

You were at Vance right? They had a sweet Rod and Gun Club with access to prime hunting land at Dog Face (the T-6 Aux field) near the border of OK/KS. Got this 13pt with a shotgun, but have done a lot of archery hunting out there too.

post-1866-126715466787_thumb.jpg

Got this 13pt with a shotgun, but have done a lot of archery hunting out there too.

That is a sorry looking deer. No offense but I've seen healthier road kill animals on the side of the road after 2 weeks of crows picking away at them.

Real'er men shoot these

20861X.jpg

Simple, quiet, effective.

Isn't that what Robin Hood shot? I compare that to shooting a flint lock -vs- Kimber SuperAmerica 300 WSM. Hell you might as well just throw rocks at the deer. They are even more simple, quiet and effective. Your stick with a string can't in any way competed with my Mathews. Nice try.

Whiting Field had an archery range on base, and they even allowed us to archery hunt for deer to help with the overpopulation problem. It was a good time. You shouldn't have a problem, but it doesn't hurt to ask the gate guards.

Man, that's awkward. I always thought it was bow hunting.

You sure about that?

RamboIITorquebow-9.jpgPredatorCustomTorqueBow-1.jpg

Damn, beat me to it.

That is a sorry looking deer. No offense but I've seen healthier road kill animals on the side of the road after 2 weeks of crows picking away at them.

Let's see some of your pics Rainman! You should have plenty of time to hunt now that you're retarded. :beer: That wasn't the best pic, trust me he looks much better in person. Drop tine on the front right of the rack and another drop tine that wraps around the back of his ear that cannot be seen in the pic. He definitely has some character. My dad was on the hunt with me that same night and shot a big doe with his bow. Dad jump seated on a FedEx jet out of Wichita, to get back home, and was nice enough to carry the deer head back with him (on ice in a huge wardrobe box) so our taxidermist in SC could get started. The loading manager at the facility in Wichita said my dad would need the Capt's permission to get it on the 757. We were a little nervous until show time, when the Capt turned out to be one of my dad's buds from the 727--the crew got a huge laugh out of the abnormally large sized box and the Capt said I just owed him some deer jerky and it wouldn't be a problem!

I'm having a pedestal mount done (like the one attached) and it should be ready in 6-8 months.

post-1866-126741704444_thumb.jpg

Isn't that what Robin Hood shot? I compare that to shooting a flint lock -vs- Kimber SuperAmerica 300 WSM. Hell you might as well just throw rocks at the deer. They are even more simple, quiet and effective. Your stick with a string can't in any way competed with my Mathews. Nice try.

You sound like the kind of guy that thinks he’s a better pilot just because you fly a fancy new airplane.

You sound like the kind of guy that thinks he’s a better pilot just because you fly a fancy new airplane.

Well let me respond to your remark by saying there is no thinking about it. I KNOW having all of the fancy schmancy crap on my airplane makes me a better pilot. Why don't you ask an A-10 guy what their SA was like before and after SADL. The jet I am flying right now has EVS on it and a HUD. All of that fancy crap lets me see the runway and legally go below minimums when my co-pilot is only looking at fog out the window. I am not some techno freak, but my SA is way better in this airplane with all of its beeps and squeaks than in my 1957 KC-135. Do I think SA makes me a better pilot? Your damn right it does.

ARG, just like with guns there are many schools of thought as to which caliber/gun/manufacturer is the best. I was just busting some fellow archery guys balls. Fixed blade -vs- mechanical blade, compound -vs- re curve, ect, ect. I grew up shooting a long bow. Do I appreciate the simplicity and beauty? Sure. Is it as good as a Mathews???? Tell you what, you go test shoot a Mathews bow and tell me I am wrong. If you still disagree I know a guy that makes some of the best re curve bows on the planet. I'll give you his #.

Well let me respond to your remark by saying there is no thinking about it. I KNOW having all of the fancy schmancy crap on my airplane makes me a better pilot. Why don't you ask an A-10 guy what their SA was like before and after SADL. The jet I am flying right now has EVS on it and a HUD. All of that fancy crap lets me see the runway and legally go below minimums when my co-pilot is only looking at fog out the window. I am not some techno freak, but my SA is way better in this airplane with all of its beeps and squeaks than in my 1957 KC-135. Do I think SA makes me a better pilot? Your damn right it does.

ARG, just like with guns there are many schools of thought as to which caliber/gun/manufacturer is the best. I was just busting some fellow archery guys balls. Fixed blade -vs- mechanical blade, compound -vs- re curve, ect, ect. I grew up shooting a long bow. Do I appreciate the simplicity and beauty? Sure. Is it as good as a Mathews???? Tell you what, you go test shoot a Mathews bow and tell me I am wrong. If you still disagree I know a guy that makes some of the best re curve bows on the planet. I'll give you his #.

You e-kicked me in the junk and I kicked you back. Were even. :beer: