Classic Thread - Don't be a douchebag on Baseops

Guest !2#4

That is too funny. The internet has "created" more tough guys than all the gyms combined. I think we have all had some heated discussions. Having an opinion is one thing, to exercise a keyboard whoop ass is another.

Edited for grammar

Edited by OverTQ

I don't like your tone, in fact reading between the lines, you called me an asshole. I vote find where donkey lives and show up with pitch-forks and torches.

Just as long as you're not planning on workin' up a Number 6!

taggart.jpg

Asshole! :moon::thumbsup:

Many of these threads still exist with a bunch of posts bitching at the thread starter, which is no better than the original thread

No they don't.

Some of them do eventually get deleted, after the free-for-all, which also makes zero-sense. This thread could've been deleted after two posts and no drama.

I generally leave locked posts up for several days as a reminder to other noobs, then delete them (there's almost always one at the top of the medical aviation forum). In the past 6-9 months I haven't publicly bitch-slapped somebody for not searching, but his attitude warranted one - everything else I took to the PM. The only reason the thread wasn't locked was simply because I forgot.

As far as why I'm responding, that's similar. I honestly don't care when guys get huffy about me telling them to follow the rules - I've been called all kinds of names and it doesn't bother me. But instead of simply replying "Okay" with his first account, he created a second Baseops account - spiteful enough to also create a "toroisgay" email (I didn't make that up) since one email cannot be used to create multiple Baseops accounts. Then he came back to the forum, made the same mistake he got blasted for the first time, got called out (not even by me), and was a general a-hole. My point is not to be hateful or vengeful, just proving a point: Don't think that you can trudge around being a jackass to mods and admins running the site and not get kicked back.

So he intentially started this new thread to try to piss off Toro? Why else would he haved started a new account with "Toroisgay@yahoo.com," then posted something three times and the PM to Toro and everything?

No, he started the thread because he doesn't know how to follow directions - I changed the thread name after he PM'd me back. He posted it three times because he has mediocre internet abilities. He created the email account because he secretly loves me and wishes it was true.

Not long, I bet. Then we can slash his tires! Then post all his personal info and harass his family! And we could tell his SQ/CC what he said about you!

Let's make him sorry he joined the Air Force! Who's with me?

EDIT: On second thought, I felt I should add "/sarcasm" because I'm sure some people here would take it seriously. Toro, I have to ask - why would a mod not simply delete posts, threads, pms and move on? Why does it have to be a huge f-in spectacle and shit-flinging contest every time? Many of these threads still exist with a bunch of posts bitching at the thread starter, which is no better than the original thread. Some of them do eventually get deleted, after the free-for-all, which also makes zero-sense. You've asked before to help clean up the forum, yet perpetuating the mess in threads like this. This thread could've been deleted after two posts and no drama. Personally, I don't care what someone called you in a PM and think it's hilarious you're really trying to track this guy down. For what? FOR WHAT? Someone please PM me and call me an "asshole" and see if I give a shit. It's incredible the way people react - that's why I like this forum. Anyway, just a friendly observation.

Because deleting posts and threads just doesn't drive the message home with the same force as the combined ridicule of every other aviator on BaseOps. It's quite possible this douchebag won't get it...but someone else will see this thread and throttle back the rhetoric. And that makes the internet just a tiny bit better.

but someone else will see this thread and throttle back the rhetoric. And that makes the internet just a tiny bit better.

This exact reason is why 1/2 of the posts I write end up getting scrapped and never seen. I prefer to not be publicly ridiculed if I don't have to, especially on a message board full of future coworkers.

Because deleting posts and threads just doesn't drive the message home with the same force as the combined ridicule of every other aviator on BaseOps. It's quite possible this douchebag won't get it...but someone else will see this thread and throttle back the rhetoric. And that makes the internet just a tiny bit better.

Because we all know the three basic tenants of Air Force leadership are fear, sarcasm, and ridicule! ######in' co's...I keed, I keed.

You're gonna LOVE UPT!!!!

This board's probably training him well, actually...screw up, and someone will start ridiculing you. Keep your mouth shut and listen to your instructors, less likely. Although you're right, I don't think anyone gets all the way through flight school without being ridiculed a few times in front of their peers. But your attitude can go a long way in determining how long it lasts.

I can handle the ridicule, I just don't go looking for it.

Just as long as you realize that 69% of the ridicule is meant in more-or-less good humor, and learn from it, you'll do fine. It's the people who take it wayyyyyy too personally (as demonstrated many times here) that wreak havoc upon themselves.

Just as long as you realize that 69% of the ridicule is meant in more-or-less good humor, and learn from it, you'll do fine. It's the people who take it wayyyyyy too personally (as demonstrated many times here) that wreak havoc upon themselves.

Absolutely. You guys have taught me well on this board over the last 9 months haha

There is the 31% chance that the ridicule is for real and not in good humor, keep that in mind.

After a really long and sh!tty day, this thread made my day. I'm still laughing at all the posts.

I with you on that HD. Another reason to not delete the posts--good entertainment to break the monotony.

Also, Toro, I'll bet your fingers and hands hurt after those 1.48 posts a day-- Damn, slow down why don't you -- Just messing with you of course. Least he's got some math skills.

Previous qoute from page1, "With 3218 posts over a 6 year period, how do you find time for anything else? You make some sort of input 1.48 times per day - you are quite the juggler!"

Also, Toro, I'll bet your fingers and hands hurt after those 1.48 posts a day-- Damn, slow down why don't you -- Just messing with you of course. Least he's got some math skills.

Previous qoute from page1, "With 3218 posts over a 6 year period, how do you find time for anything else? You make some sort of input 1.48 times per day - you are quite the juggler!"

Actually your profile tells you that info. You for instance, post .31 times a day.