F-15E Gift Ideas

Guest huf1234

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The F-15E shoots 20mm. The spent casings are relatively tough to come by, as they're 'controlled' by the ammunition folks on base. Not sure exactly what they do with all of the spent casings, but they're accountable items that the ammo dudes have to 'turn in' when done.

That being said, the ammo guys will horsetrade for spent casings -- a case of beer is always a good place to start.

The real problem for you, as a spouse, will be simply finding a point of contact in the Ammo squadron that you can work with. I'd start by talking with your husband's Flight Commander in the Rockets. He will probably be able to work opening the doors better than you can alone.

The brass is accountable because it's amunition item and the have to account for X pieces of brass for X number of rounds fired. Then they're recycled.

Yes... Weapons/Ammo troops (no, their not the same thing) will horsetrade for almost anything up to and including their little sisters for beer. Have the Flt/CC or SQ Weapons officer contact either the AMU's weapons loading section to see what they can do, again beer will be involved. Or better yet, go VFR direct to the Ammo control folks tell them what you want and MAYBE they can hook you up.

Good horsetrade items are, of course booze/beer, SQ patches/zaps and nomex pilot's gloves. Nomex gloves are more than "cool", their static free and therefore non-spark producing, something useful for folks who handle electrically primed explosives. The issued wool gloves create static which can make things go BOOM when you don't want them to and are therefore illegal IAW 127-100. A good munitions guy will never let their nomex golves out of their sight as their worth their weight in gold.

Guest huf1234

I was saying that the 20mm rounds are too small for any shot glasses I've seen, so you'll have to coat the inside.

With what exactly?

Edited by KET1982

Guest huf1234

Sounds like I have a fun arts and crafts project awaiting me! I dunno if any shot glasses will fit the 20mm though, the shells are about the same diameter as my wedding ring. Unless I cut the casing down to where it starts to taper in, that might work.

Do you think getting them chromed would be worth it? I think they'd look pretty awesome, plus it's rather corrosion resistant.

Yeah I agree. I'm not sure just getting them highly polished wouldnt be just as good if not better than chromed. I wonder if getting them chromed will take away from the "authentic" look.

Edited by KET1982

Yeah I agree. I'm not sure just getting them highly polished wouldnt be just as good if not better than chromed. I wonder if getting them chromed will take away from the "authentic" look. What do you think

My $.02 and some of the other dudes might be able to speak to this better than me but getting them chromed as opposed to polishing them would be more effective at getting the leftover bits of primer/powder residue out of the shells and make them more suitable for drinking out of. Most of the shot glasses/mugs that I have seen before have been chromed and I thought it was a good look on them.

Simply putting the spent brass in a sand blasting box gives them a nice polish and removes all of the caked in powder. Its not nearly as polished as a chrome fininsh, but it keeps the "authentic brass look." Any metal shop should be able to do it in the $20 / case of beer price range.

Awesome idea! Any idea where I should start looking for a M61 barrel? Are those even obtainable to your knowledge? Thank you.

eSnacko sells a gun barrel plaque. It doesn't say but I assume it's an M61 barrel since the plaque was made for the 433 Weapons Squadron Commander. I'm sure they could personalize it for your husband with his squadron.

Gun Barrel Plaque

Guest eSnacko

We have many amazing F-15E gifts at several price points. Here are some options priced low to high.

F-15E Shot Glass

F-15E Key Chain

F-15E Ornaments

F-15E Custom Briefing Stick $60.00

F-15E Custom Miniature Model $100.00

F-15E Custom Tail Flash $115.00

Custom 15" Squadron Plaque $149.95

F-15E 2 Sticks and a Rack <sts> $159.95

F-15E Custom Model $224.95

Call or email anytime!

Cheers,

Cory Bower

President, eSnacko.com

www.esnacko.com

Phone/Fax: 888-376-2256

Mobile: 786-351-2182

We have many amazing F-15E gifts at several price points. Here are some options priced low to high.

F-15E Shot Glass

F-15E Key Chain

F-15E Ornaments

F-15E Custom Briefing Stick $60.00

F-15E Custom Miniature Model $100.00

F-15E Custom Tail Flash $115.00

Custom 15" Squadron Plaque $149.95

F-15E 2 Sticks and a Rack <sts> $159.95

F-15E Custom Model $224.95

Call or email anytime!

Cheers,

Cory Bower

President, eSnacko.com

url="http://www.esnnacko.com"]www.esnacko.com[/url

Phone/Fax: 888-376-2256

Mobile: 786-351-2182

Dude, if you're going to shamelessly advertise, at least spell your website correctly in the link...

Simply putting the spent brass in a sand blasting box gives them a nice polish and removes all of the caked in powder. Its not nearly as polished as a chrome fininsh, but it keeps the "authentic brass look." Any metal shop should be able to do it in the $20 / case of beer price range.

Two words: Brass Tumbler. It's what shooters who re-load use to clean their brass before re-loading. This is still brass, just bigger, a crap load bigger. Someone, somewhere, in the squadron/AMU will be a reloader. Most likely in the AMU and only because there are 250+ dudes/dudetts over there, and there is always at least one hard-core reloader in every AMU, I think it's in an AFI somewhere... Again, beer with most likey be the required form of payment.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest KET1982

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO CORRECTLY ABBREVIATE THE 336th FIGHTER SQUADRON?

Is it ...

336th FTR SQDN.

or

336th Ftr Sqdn.

or

336th FS

THANK YOU!

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO CORRECTLY ABBREVIATE THE 336th FIGHTER SQUADRON?

Is it ...

336th FTR SQDN.

or

336th Ftr Sqdn.

or

336th FS

THANK YOU!

They're all correct. One is what the patch says (the top two, actually), and the other is how you write it.

My RMO says "336 FS" on it without the "th".

If were going to advertise here, get a model from my dad's company at www.aimhigherjets.com His custom mahogany quality is unmatched. The models have all the realistic antennas and even pitot tubes if you want. It's a little more expensive but you can definitely tell the difference in quality.

Edited by kdwntwn

• 2 weeks later...

The small one (20 x 12 x 12) fits cleanly through the travel pod door, but its about the same shape and size as many other gym bags on the market. The medium (24 x 15 x 15) and the large (28 x 16 x 16) both require some shoving, but they fit nicely once inside the pod and are easier to lug around than an A3 bag.

• 3 years later...

Thread revival.

I just wanted to know if any of the Eagle/Strike Eagle bros know where to order canopy bow outlines for use in flight briefs; our squadron could use some yet the standard AviatorGear, SnackoStuff, etc. only make briefing sticks. Thanks for the help.