Luggage tags

Chuck17

Any of you old heads know where a young guy can get those spiffy name tapes every crewdog has on all their gear/ luggage/ A-3 bags, etc?

Any phone number or website for a company would be apprecicated.

Chuck

Guest AirGuardian

You could try www.holicks.com or Mardon for nametags , or

do you mean the actual tapes with your name and a pair of enlisted/pilot wings on them, roughly 8-10 inches in length, 1 inch in width? If so, most of used to get them at PSAB(closed now), Kadena, or Korea at the sew shops for a couple of bucks! Probably a site out there for such items as well, but another site for upcoming or veteran flyer types to get their hands on the fluffy headset earcovers or head covers is: www.popsleather.com

Normally we just fly to Turkey and get the stuff at a significantly reduced rate from the home shop, but if you're CONUS based, it's a good site for Blood chits, Flight Jackets, nametags, accessories, etc. Darn good leather and stuff!

Guest KC-10 Boomer

The other option is next time you go to Kadena AB in Okinawa is to go out gate 2 and hang a right just before the pedestrian bridge, about 40 feet down on the right hand side is the Tiger shop. Outstanding patches, bag tags, and embroidery. A little on the pricey side compared to Osan, but the quality is much better

Guest Metalhead

Hey dude, this is free: Take a Sharpie, write your name on the end of that gay scarf they gave you, and tie it to the strap on your bag.

1. It's BIG and easy to spot on a pallet or bag drag line

2. You can get rid of your scarf that way but you are still 'using' it when your DO gets up your_ass. :D

I'm a little joking here, I'd do it, but what you want is for ALL your shit to have the same marking. That way you crew knows it's yours in a pile if you aren't around to grab your stuff.

Guest tentoad

Metalhead is right

After all the crap you deploy with you cant buy that many tags. I think someone would steal a gay scarf though...

I have done this;

Go down to your local craft/fabric store. Maybe wait until your girlfriend or wife drags you...

Find a couple yards of the ugliest cloth left over from the 70's. Tear it into strips (dont do this in the store, wait till your home). Carry a bunch in your gas mask case or pro gear. Before you deploy tie a length to every bag you have.

Numerous times I have redeployed and at 0200 in the rain been told "Grab your bags and you can go home" only to be led with countless others to ChemBag mountain. All those bags look the same!!! That fabric will save hours...

Tentoad

Sometimes you have to suck up your pride a little bit. I found some cloth my wife had done my son's room with right after he was born. It had these teddy bears and those alphabet blocks. I tied those to my A-3 bags and caught some flak at the departure base, but when we got to our destination, and 5 guys had the "I bet nobody else will put these on their bags" desert BDU bandanas tied to their bags and it was pitch black over by the ATOC and dudes were stumbling over bags, I was alreay at the beer tent.

ChemBag Mountain. I like it.

[ 18. July 2004, 18:55: Message edited by: PAB ]

• 4 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest C17Wes

Just picked up the name tags I ordered. Nice job. They can do any type of art work on the tag.

www.ramaworld.com

post-4597-1238184224_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Just picked up the name tags I ordered. Nice job. They can do any type of art work on the tag.

www.ramaworld.com

post-4597-1238184224_thumb.jpg

Nice. Looks like it's silkscreened, rather than embroidered. Let us know how it holds up...

Metalhead is right

After all the crap you deploy with you cant buy that many tags. I think someone would steal a gay scarf though...

I have done this;

Go down to your local craft/fabric store. Maybe wait until your girlfriend or wife drags you...

Find a couple yards of the ugliest cloth left over from the 70's. Tear it into strips (dont do this in the store, wait till your home). Carry a bunch in your gas mask case or pro gear. Before you deploy tie a length to every bag you have.

Numerous times I have redeployed and at 0200 in the rain been told "Grab your bags and you can go home" only to be led with countless others to ChemBag mountain. All those bags look the same!!! That fabric will save hours...

Tentoad

Sometimes you have to suck up your pride a little bit. I found some cloth my wife had done my son's room with right after he was born. It had these teddy bears and those alphabet blocks. I tied those to my A-3 bags and caught some flak at the departure base, but when we got to our destination, and 5 guys had the "I bet nobody else will put these on their bags" desert BDU bandanas tied to their bags and it was pitch black over by the ATOC and dudes were stumbling over bags, I was alreay at the beer tent.

ChemBag Mountain. I like it.

[ 18. July 2004, 18:55: Message edited by: PAB ]

Chembag mountain was the smaller of the two peaks. The A-4 box canyon, the larger one, was a site to behold (how did they fit all those bags in the plane!?). As people waded through it, they created a crater.

...good times...

Guest C17Wes
Nice. Looks like it's silkscreened, rather than embroidered. Let us know how it holds up...

There not silkscreened. They use a color printer. The length of the tag is the same. But the font in the lettering is smaller to adjust for a longer name.

There not silkscreened. They use a color printer. The length of the tag is the same. But the font in the lettering is smaller to adjust for a longer name.

So did you send them the artwork or did they already have that? Also, I'm assuming you called in your order since their website doesn't really show them.

Guest C17Wes

Yes, Their web page doesnt show them. This is a new product they are selling.

If you email them or call. They will work with you and get you what you need. I live in the area. So I walked in.

www.ramaworld.com

post-4597-1239755795_thumb.jpg

Yes, Their web page doesnt show them. This is a new product they are selling.

If you email them or call. They will work with you and get you what you need. I live in the area. So I walked in.

www.ramaworld.com

post-4597-1239755795_thumb.jpg

They seem pretty responsive - I sent them an email with a request and some images and they were back to me the next day. I am leery of the silk screen/print versus the embroidered style...

BF

Guest C17Wes

The art work and lettering on these tags are not silk screened. They use some type of special color printer.

On the other tags I have had made. The length of all the tags are all the same. But the tail flash design and font in the lettering is smaller to adjust for longer names.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest C17Wes

Stoped by the store to pick up some tags I ordered. And they had a couple of different ones made for samples.

post-4597-1240532950_thumb.jpg

post-4597-1240532960_thumb.jpg

• 8 months later...
Guest C17Wes

The tags are holding up great. I have had one on my helmet bag for 8 months. And its a little dirty. But thats it.