Way to make an entrance!

Guest bugmn20

Question. Has vehicle theft on Ramstein gotten so bad that this has become an issue? We were stationed there for four years (it remains my favorite assignment) and I don't recall ever hearing about a car being stolen on base (or offbase for that matter, as far as I can remember). I can understand these kind of actions to address a problem, but if there is no problem then what is the point? Has ever other critical issue on the list been addressed and everything running so smoothly that the ABW/CC can now focus on the unimportant shit? Wow, that's impressive!

Cheers! M2

Has vehicle theft on Ramstein gotten so bad that this has become an issue?

Never seen anything in the KA blotter about vehicle theft on Ramstein AB since I've been here - though there is the occasional theft of items within the car (GPS, credit cards, etc). I'm really not sure why it's such a big issue if folks want to leave their cars unlocked; if your car and the contents within are so invaluable that you will risk them being stolen, then that's your prerogative and you have nobody to blame but yourself.

We all got a good laugh because our commander got two tickets; one for his POV and one for his GOV.

Can't wait to hear the Skycops are issuing tickets for vehicles left unlocked with the keys in the ignition on the flight line. And parked right in front of airplanes, too.

Maybe someone should start ticketing the cops when they fall asleep in their cars parked in aircraft parking spots.

Where in the hell did you get the feeling that and AFB was safe. The only place my boat ever had 40 gallons of gas stolen from it was in the middle of the secure base RV storage lot for "Air Force Families".

While it pales in comparison, when I was about 6 my Huffy bike was stolen on Andrews AFB in the housing area..