SEC Championship

M2

Love 'em or hate 'em; but you can't deny that my Gators emerged victorious in a tough battle against 'Bama!

University%20of%20Florida%20gator.jpg

I'll be honest and say I'm glad that's over with! I was sweating Percy Harvin not playing, and the Crimson Tide is one helluva team! There is no doubt why they were ranked #1...until now!

Cheers! M2

Guest AndThenSome

GO GATORS!!! Looking forward to 2 National Championships in 3 years, and 3 of the last 4 being SEC teams!!!

Inasmuch as I'm no fan of the BCS, I do believe Florida deserves to be playing for the national championship this year. Beating 'Bama gives them the right to the title...

As for the Oklahoma/Texas debate, it'll only decide who is going to lose to UF...

Cheers! M2

Congrats to the gators, but...

Florida wont know what hit them. Tebow is old hat when you look at the teams Texas and OU have been playing. Bradford, McCoy, Daniel, Harrel, and couple others have been running and connecting with some of the top recievers in college football this year. Bama is the only worthy opponent Florida has had all season while OU has been dominanting since the slugfest with Texas.

I agree with duckhunter. Being a hardcore LSU fan myself, this was a tough game to root for anyone in particular. Ultimately though, my arguement is that the SEC rules and I will argue with anyone any day about this absolute fact that cannot be disproven! I was rooting for Bama on the simple logic that I wanted a third SEC team to make it to the national championship and win. Therefore proving SEC dominance!!

Florida wont know what hit them. Tebow is old hat when you look at the teams Texas and OU have been playing. Bradford, McCoy, Daniel, Harrel, and couple others have been running and connecting with some of the top recievers in college football this year. Bama is the only worthy opponent Florida has had all season while OU has been dominanting since the slugfest with Texas.

Case in point, Big 12 teams have been dominant in the offensive category, but seriously, look at the defenses. Big 12 ranks among the worst, most of which fall under the rank of 70 of 118 teams in D1 ball. Certainly not taking away from the tremendous QB play from the Big 12 guys, but seeing and a dominant big 12 offense against and SEC defense should be a tremendous showdown!

In other football news:

BCS DECLARES GERMANY WINNER OF WORLD WAR II, U.S. RANKED 4th

After determining the Big-12 championship game participants the BCS computers were put to work on other major contests and today the BCS declared Germany to be the winner of World War II.

That is funny, but sad because it isn't too far off the truth.

Good job Gators representing the SEC- You're lucky that you didn't have to play Auburn (yeah, right) this year- Seems like they were the only team to beat you for Tebow's heisman year and the NC. (joking- but Auburn will be back- one day, maybe- at least that's what i'm telling myself.)

One thing that the BCS has done- destroyed sportsmanship.

Case in point- Pearcy Harvins' injury- he shouldn't have still been in the game, trying to run-up the score. The game was clearly over- but Meyers left him in- dumb.

Tebow said he can't wait to face the defense of the big 12, it should do wonders for his stats.

Sounds like the same frontier jibberish Ohio State was spewing a couple of years ago...

Seriously, are you actually saying that the SEC, which has won the last two national championships, doesn't provide tough match-ups? I think someone tipped a cow on your cranium!

But, we'll let the national championship game decide!

Cheers! M2

Sounds like the same frontier jibberish Ohio State was spewing a couple of years ago...

That's exactly what I was thinking....and we all know how well that ended up for them. Well being since we both beat Ohio State for NCs and we beat Oklahoma in 03, I'm going to predict that Florida follows in our footsteps this time by beating OU for the NC.

Edited by DuckHunter

Tebow is a system qb who will completely fail in the NFL if he decides to go pro. But he's pretty dominant in college so I'll give him that.

He's right up there with heisman greats Eric Crouch, Ki-Jana Carter, and Ron Dayne.

That assumes people give a shit about the NFL. I could care less how people do in the pros... it's how they do in college that actually matters.

That assumes people give a shit about the NFL. I could care less how people do in the pros... it's how they do in college that actually matters.

I don't give a shit about the NFL either- I watch the games and occasionally go, but I'd take a college game anyday. I went to the superbowl in New Orleans in 02- it was a great game- but I would have traded those tickets for BCS Champ anyday. (well maybe not- U2 put on a kickass halftime show)

The only thing i disagree with you on is "I couldn't care less."

I don't expect tebow to suck in the pros. He is big, strong arm and definitely a student of the game. He'll do fine- maybe not great- but he'll play.

Uh, yes it assumes people give a shit about the NFL, because they actually do. I mean let's face it, college is just the NFL's AAA league.

But back on topic, OU is about to get curbstomped by UF. The Big 12 is a joke of a conference that can't play defense, and surprise, Florida is actually a balanced team. Texas is the only B12 team with a defense and surprise, OU lost that game.

Please ignore the other Big XII teams in the top 15 (3 in the South Division alone...)

2! :beer:

And didn't we almost have an all Big 12 NC game?

Honestly, if the BCS did match up the two best teams in the country, it would be an all-SEC national championship game...and a replay of last Saturday's SEC championship!

And before you get too excited, tell me again what league has won the last two national championships, and is about to win its third straight?!?

Cheers! M2

And before you get too excited, tell me again what league has won the last two national championships, and is about to win its third straight?!?

Cheers! M2

We'll see. I'm an LSU fan and a Big 12 alum, so my hands are kind of tied (even though I'm not an OU fan at all).

Honestly, if the BCS did match up the two best teams in the country, it would be an all-SEC national championship game...and a replay of last Saturday's SEC championship!

Sorry M2......Bama is good, top 5, but they aren't one of the top 2 in the country. Gators are 1, and I could still give 2 to either OU or UT.

I do think that OU will win though.....Stoops is due for another one, and to not choke in a BCS game.

Guest soflguy
Sorry M2......Bama is good, top 5, but they aren't one of the top 2 in the country. Gators are 1, and I could still give 2 to either OU or UT.

I do think that OU will win though.....Stoops is due for another one, and to not choke in a BCS game.

Definitely Bama > UT. No doubt in my mind... This is from a staunch Gator who really loves basking in the glory of the win. But Bama would handily win over UT.

Assuming JPW doesn't f@ck it up for them...