Last tweet class Patch

jrobe

OK Fella's this is 85% acurate statement

ENJJPT 10-02 will be the last UPT Tweet class ever...effectively ending the tweets USAF career...

please feel free to donate Ideas for a class patch.... If it is good enough I hope to make it avaiable to any old T-37 (At-37), SP/IP/EP and let you guys know what day the last one will fly...

I hope to find out the total number of hours the weet has flown how many sorties, and how many SP's got qual'd in the airframe

thanks

Jrobe

Guest r6pilot

I'm envisioning a Tweet half-buried in some dirt with a tombstone that reads:

RIP

T-37 Tweet

ENJJPT 10-02

Line the edges with your classmates' flags.

Good luck.

Edited by r6pilot

I would expect something like a Tweet flying off into the sunset...with 1957-2009 across the bottom.

Yeah, I know, it's a bit corny; but send the old girl off with a little style and class! She deserves it!

Cheers! M2

Guest TacAirDrvr

how about incorporating the old and new some how, with maybe adding a class "something" to the first tweet patch eve at any base!! MAKE A BUNCH OF EMM THOUGH!!! You can sell the shit out of them to make money for your select night! You might want to even see if you can convince the patch maker to number maybe like 300 or so, in other words they would make the patches, then they would have to go back and embroider them individually, but you could sell them for a pretty penny!!

Thanks guys,

We don't start until mid November So we've got time. please keep the ideas coming...feel free to post sketches too..

Have you referenced the designs the last Tweet classes at XL/VN/CB made up? Might be some ideas there?

Just my 2 cents:

How about a patch incorporating 3 Tweets in formation....one in the original unpainted natural metal as lead-ship, dash-2 being painted in the all-white color common to ATC from the early-mid '70s until the early '90s, then dash-3 being the white over blue color the Tweets are today. Sunset background of some type would be cool as previously mentioned.

Idea comes from looking at some of the class graduation books I have stored away from Willie. When Willie closed in '93, I went on base to the then-BRAC office in the former 82nd Wing building. I asked the retired E-9 working there if there were any non-accountable items stored anywhere that were going to be junked. He showed me to a small storage area where there were a good amount of items from various times in Willie's history...old pubs & In-flight guides from both the T-37/38 side, as well as the 425th from Luke that was flying the F-5 in the FMS role there as a GSU. Patches and plaques from the named Willie flights (unlike the rest of the UPT bases, Willie had named flights, not just "A", "B" or named flights after the phonetic alplabet; their flights were names such as Raindance, John Black, Skitter, Hacker, etc.). The top find were class graduation books from about 1962 until early 1980s....about 30 of them. Excellent references into history of various classes/flights, the associated IPs, and the general life in UPT during those times. Real neat stuff to have, especially as the airport eases further and further away from it's military past....deliberately. Once known as Williams Gateway Airport....it's name was recently changed to Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport....it's past as an Air Force base being preserved very little, apart from the airport gift shop and the T-38 on a stick.

Guest TacAirDrvr
Have you referenced the designs the last Tweet classes at XL/VN/CB made up? Might be some ideas there?

Just my 2 cents:

How about a patch incorporating 3 Tweets in formation....one in the original unpainted natural metal as lead-ship, dash-2 being painted in the all-white color common to ATC from the early-mid '70s until the early '90s, then dash-3 being the white over blue color the Tweets are today. Sunset background of some type would be cool as previously mentioned.

Damn good idea!

I hope to find out the total number of hours the weet has flown how many sorties, and how many SP's got qual'd in the airframe

Good luck. I don't think Texas Instruments makes a calculator that counts that high.

As far as the patch goes...MD Johnson is right.

HD

I would expect something like a Tweet flying off into the sunset...with 1957-2009 across the bottom.

Yeah, I know, it's a bit corny; but send the old girl off with a little style and class! She deserves it!

Cheers! M2

I like it too, but didn't the Tweet start in '54?

I like the idea of representing all of the paint variations. That would be a classy way to go down in history. Your class might also consider offering these for sale as a class fundraiser. I would love to have several.

Best,

Eric Jones

(2000+ T-37 hours)

Going on the "classy" idea, how about a Casablanca theme, you could have the tweet parked on the ramp with storm clouds, and silloutes of Bogart and Ingrid Bergman on each side with "Here's looking at you kid" as the title.

Guest ScreamKiller

This is a great idea for a fund raiser. If it is a good design that is advertised (on this site and others) you will definately have some buyers. I would pay my $7.50 plus shipping... The total number of flight hours since '57 would be impressive. You can get Sheppards current fleet hours from MX. As for historical data AF wide I don't know. Who ran the T-37 Depot? They might have the records.

This is a great idea for a fund raiser. If it is a good design that is advertised (on this site and others) you will definately have some buyers. I would pay my $7.50 plus shipping... The total number of flight hours since '57 would be impressive. You can get Sheppards current fleet hours from MX. As for historical data AF wide I don't know. Who ran the T-37 Depot? They might have the records.

Give me a few days and I'll see if I can find it out for you... I know the AF data system that keeps track of all the information let me see what I can get.

JRope send me a PM with your global email address.

Edited by H3ANGNAV

A freind of mine pointed this one out to me

post-4818-1225149117_thumb.jpg

The T-37 was officially retired from Columbus AFB Specialized Undergraduate Pilot Training during a ceremony April 3. Captain Labrum is a member of Specialized Undergraduate Pilot Training Class 08-15. ----

this was a AFPC download for me

Just my 2 cents:

Building on that idea... the Tweet could be leading a formation of lots of different airframes seeing as how it trained pilots in all fields. Something like "leading the way for 54 years."

• 3 weeks later...
As of FY07 tweets flew 13,518,203 hours. The Air Force Safety Center may be a start...

http://www.afsc.af.mil/shared/media/docume...-080114-068.pdf

Thirteen million hours, over 50+ years witha large proportion of the pilots in the Air Force during that time flying them? The Tweet may not be 'sexy' but you know, if you design the right patch and market them well, you might just be able sell enough to buy your squadron's T-37's... THAT's history!

Mike

Building on that idea... the Tweet could be leading a formation of lots of different airframes seeing as how it trained pilots in all fields. Something like "leading the way for 54 years."

The patch there was actually authorized by Warner Brothers (trademarks and all!)

Maybe something like "Wast one out tun out the wights" with a picture of Tweety bird. As for historical patches at ENJJPT, go down to the historian's office and they have high res pictures of EVERY patch at ENJJPT.

Or a sad picture of a Tweet taxiing off into the sunset with "You don't have to go home, but you can't stay here..."

Edited by BQZip01

Had a request from someone in the class:

Play off the first Tweet Class anyone know who, what where that may have been

Excellent suggestion! It might be the academy as the only reference I could find stated that the first class was in 1957 and was referred to as "cadets" (58-01 somewhere?)

HOLY COW! I just realized that's 50 years!!!

Edited by BQZip01