Leadership at the 'Deid

Toro

Probably via the stupid-ass manpurse "they" require you to wear at the Deid (with your ID card fully visible through the transparency).

Every time I read about this kind of shit happening (E disrespects O, O corrects E on the spot, E cries to Dad ASAP, Dad smashes O later), it truly boggles my mind that officer leadership in the United States Air Force has degraded to this level.

It certainly boggled our Army liasons in MPC.

Probably via the stupid-ass manpurse "they" require you to wear at the Deid (with your ID card fully visible through the transparency).

Every time I read about this kind of shit happening (E disrespects O, O corrects E on the spot, E cries to Dad ASAP, Dad smashes O later), it truly boggles my mind that officer leadership in the United States Air Force has degraded to this level.

Management...

cheers :beer:

Guest CharlieDontSurf

Dead Last, KAF is getting more crowded and dusty by the second. Dust storms and crashing preds keep me on my toes. I'll SIPR you with more details.

Well, I just ordered the components for Batman belt v2.0, this one is goign to be in all black. I actually found a BLACK reflective belt (not the black cloth one with silver strip, a full up black all around belt). I'm surprised I've gotten away with my yellow Batman belt for so long, time to up the game a bit.

Has anybody else had any run-ins with 50-cent and his posse of assclowns tending bar at Fox Sports?

Yes, I have. If he wasn't standing between me and my Gin I would crack him in the mouth bone. Gin is much more important to me, (to keep the shoe voices in my head quiet) than to deal with his shit. I just learned to get all 3 of my drinks at once and keep my contact with him to a minimum.

Well, I just ordered the components for Batman belt v2.0, this one is goign to be in all black. I actually found a BLACK reflective belt (not the black cloth one with silver strip, a full up black all around belt). I'm surprised I've gotten away with my yellow Batman belt for so long, time to up the game a bit.

Pics of both--sounds hilarious!

Pics of both--sounds hilarious!

DSCN0205.jpg

Black one isn't in yet, but I'll post it up when it is done. I'm sure some of you have seen me cruising the Deid with this thing on, it's already on its second trip. I'm SHOCKED nobody has said anything to me about it. I also have a pic of my reflective name tag on the Facebook "I hate reflective belts" page.

In other late-breaking butthurt news, apparently a command chief emphasis item is now to be sure people are shaving in their PT UNIFORM.

DSCN0205.jpg

Black one isn't in yet, but I'll post it up when it is done. I'm sure some of you have seen me cruising the Deid with this thing on, it's already on its second trip. I'm SHOCKED nobody has said anything to me about it. I also have a pic of my reflective name tag on the Facebook "I hate reflective belts" page.

In other late-breaking butthurt news, apparently a command chief emphasis item is now to be sure people are shaving in their PT UNIFORM.

Further information needed. By shaving in uniform, does thta mean I have to have my shirt ON while I shave? Because if that's the case, tehy better pony up and fix the fucking AC that's been out for 3 weeks in the cadilliac, or fix the other cadilliac that's been "CLOSED FOR MX" for a month with no explination. I'm not walking 10 minutes to the other side of CC for a shower. Hey CE, get off your ass and fix your shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're taking that way too literal, bro. I'm pretty sure they mean if you are wearing PT gear you will be held to the same shaving standards as if you were in a flightsuit, etc. Still pretty gay, though. I always enjoyed not shaving on my one day off and flaunting a little scruffiness in an official AF uniform.

DSCN0205.jpg

...apparently a command chief emphasis item is now to be sure people are shaving in their PT UNIFORM.

1. Awesome! Stick it to the shoes and wear a "flashy" belt. "Sir, you can't wear that." "Why?" "It's unprofessional" "Show me the ****in' reg which states the requirements of a reflective belt and then we'll chat. Until then STFU."

2. I took this to mean they are checking to make sure people are properly shaven while wearing the PT uniform? If so, heaven forbid you get off a 20+ hour flight, go to sleep, and then can't get to the Cadillac to shave before "noticable growth" occurs. If not, you are saying that you MUST BE IN PT GEAR to shave? That's even more asinine. I have a cordless, so why would I not shave in other uniforms? There's no reg against that. Why can't you shave in the bathroom wearing a towel? It's significantly better for your skin to shave while taking a shower rather than before or after...ugh

Too many shoeclerks with too much free time on their hands

sorry for the apparently ambiguous statement, yes I was referring to the fact that you are expected to be clean shaven while in PTs same as if you were in a flight suit, ABU or any other "uniform". I think it's ridiculous, but add that to the list of things around here I think is ridiculous.

Further information needed. By shaving in uniform, does thta mean I have to have my shirt ON while I shave? Because if that's the case, tehy better pony up and fix the ######ing AC that's been out for 3 weeks in the cadilliac, or fix the other cadilliac that's been "CLOSED FOR MX" for a month with no explination. I'm not walking 10 minutes to the other side of CC for a shower. Hey CE, get off your ass and fix your shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think we live right next to each other. Words from our shirt on the closed for MX one is that the whole facility needs a water pump that is on order - no ETA. The other one was fixed for a day or two, but is back to being broken. The one directly facing the closed Cadi on the other side (3 trailers across width wise) I have found to be the best Cadi at the CC. It's air conditioning is the coldest, the showers have the most pressure, and the sinks have options other than "really hot" and "dreadfully hot."

Further information needed. By shaving in uniform, does thta mean I have to have my shirt ON while I shave? Because if that's the case, tehy better pony up and fix the ######ing AC that's been out for 3 weeks in the cadilliac, or fix the other cadilliac that's been "CLOSED FOR MX" for a month with no explination. I'm not walking 10 minutes to the other side of CC for a shower. Hey CE, get off your ass and fix your shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4fans-

CE guy here...never been deployed to the Deid but I've passed through there a few times. All my time has been a little further down range, but some of the same lessons might apply. First off, if all of the lodging is through FSS and they run a KBR MX contract...you're screwed. If CE does the MX in the living compound, read on. Believe it or not, CE usually isn't sitting on their ass if the job is taking forever...they usually don't have the parts for stuff like AC. The options are usually to buy shitty knock offs on the local economy that break in a week or order it through the supply system and it takes 3 months to get it. We found out that sometimes we had a hookup with the mobility guys...a home station CE could buy the part, hand it to a load going downrange via milair, and tell him to make sure it got to Capt XYZ at Balad because his bros were melting in their building. We had about the same success rate as the supply system except that it usually took 2 weeks instead of 3 months.

My bet is that KBR is doing your living compound MX and you're hosed, but you never know. Grab the next CE guy you see and ask who the ops officer is. Give him a ring and see what the deal is...you never know what kind of hook up you can get if you ask the question.

Edited by frog

4fans-

CE guy here...never been deployed to the Deid but I've passed through there a few times. All my time has been a little further down range, but some of the same lessons might apply. First off, if all of the lodging is through FSS and they run a KBR MX contract...you're screwed. If CE does the MX in the living compound, read on. Believe it or not, CE usually isn't sitting on their ass if the job is taking forever...they usually don't have the parts for stuff like AC. The options are usually to buy shitty knock offs on the local economy that break in a week or order it through the supply system and it takes 3 months to get it. We found out that sometimes we had a hookup with the mobility guys...a home station CE could buy the part, hand it to a load going downrange via milair, and tell him to make sure it got to Capt XYZ at Balad because his bros were melting in their building. We had about the same success rate as the supply system except that it usually took 2 weeks instead of 3 months.

My bet is that KBR is doing your living compound MX and you're hosed, but you never know. Grab the next CE guy you see and ask who the ops officer is. Give him a ring and see what the deal is...you never know what kind of hook up you can get if you ask the question.

Had a CE guy out here working the other day, and that's the information that we need here.

Guest Hueypilot812

sorry for the apparently ambiguous statement, yes I was referring to the fact that you are expected to be clean shaven while in PTs same as if you were in a flight suit, ABU or any other "uniform". I think it's ridiculous, but add that to the list of things around here I think is ridiculous.

Was on Sather AB for a year and never once shaved on days I was off (they were few and far between...typically worked 6-7 days a week) while in PT gear.

I still ask the question...the purpose for all the minutia regarding uniform standards is to present a professional appearance. The professional appearance is for the benefit of our non-military friends, family and neighbors...they put trust in a military that appears to have standards and doesn't look like the road warriors from Mad Max. That being said, the only people I've run into while deployed were either other military personnel or TCNs. So who exactly are we trying to appear professional for? Ourselves? Well, I hate to break it to ya, but if you don't know whether you're professional or not and the only way you can walk out your door and know the folks working with you are professional is by the color of their socks or how closely shaved they are, you're a ing idiot and shouldn't be making decisions involving military operations.

Was on Sather AB for a year and never once shaved on days I was off (they were few and far between...typically worked 6-7 days a week) while in PT gear.

I still ask the question...the purpose for all the minutia regarding uniform standards is to present a professional appearance. The professional appearance is for the benefit of our non-military friends, family and neighbors...they put trust in a military that appears to have standards and doesn't look like the road warriors from Mad Max. That being said, the only people I've run into while deployed were either other military personnel or TCNs. So who exactly are we trying to appear professional for? Ourselves? Well, I hate to break it to ya, but if you don't know whether you're professional or not and the only way you can walk out your door and know the folks working with you are professional is by the color of their socks or how closely shaved they are, you're a fucking idiot and shouldn't be making decisions involving military operations.

Stop, you're making too much sense and using logic. The first rule of bureaucracy is to throw common sense out the window and to then file a Form 763-B, wait 6-9 business days...

Edited by nsplayr

I still ask the question...the purpose for all the minutia regarding uniform standards is to present a professional appearance. The professional appearance is for the benefit of our non-military friends, family and neighbors...they put trust in a military that appears to have standards and doesn't look like the road warriors from Mad Max. That being said, the only people I've run into while deployed were either other military personnel or TCNs. So who exactly are we trying to appear professional for? Ourselves? Well, I hate to break it to ya, but if you don't know whether you're professional or not and the only way you can walk out your door and know the folks working with you are professional is by the color of their socks or how closely shaved they are, you're a fucking idiot and shouldn't be making decisions involving military operations.

I wonder what you are supposed to do if you need a shave. I mean, you have to be in PT gear to go to the caddies to shave, but you can't be seen outside in PT gear if you aren't clean shaven...

Well, the spa is no more. Ever see that episode of Mythbusters where they overpressured water heaters? Ya, it's kind of like that. 0500 today we hear BOOM (and mind you we were over in the trailers closer to the chow hall than the BX). No smoke on the horizon, so a quick investigation later we see the spa is TOTALLY wrecked.

Guest Alarm Red

Well, the spa is no more. Ever see that episode of Mythbusters where they overpressured water heaters? Ya, it's kind of like that. 0500 today we hear BOOM (and mind you we were over in the trailers closer to the chow hall than the BX). No smoke on the horizon, so a quick investigation later we see the spa is TOTALLY wrecked.

My only question is how many people spent the morning in the C-Bunkers, mentally authoring their AFCAM citations?

My only question is how many people spent the morning in the C-Bunkers, mentally authoring their AFCAM citations?

Shockingly none, at least none that I saw. Everyone was just milling about their business. After investigating the situation, I went and had a few beers.

In all seriousness, it's good it happened at 0500 before everything over there was open, there's good chance anyone in the spa at the time would have been severely hurt if not killed, and probably people along that breezeway as well. It was a no BS explosion, the whole side of the building is blown off, and the opposite wall is bowed out.

Shockingly none, at least none that I saw. Everyone was just milling about their business. After investigating the situation, I went and had a few beers.

In all seriousness, it's good it happened at 0500 before everything over there was open, there's good chance anyone in the spa at the time would have been severely hurt if not killed, and probably people along that breezeway as well. It was a no BS explosion, the whole side of the building is blown off, and the opposite wall is bowed out.

I landed around 5 this morning and had not heard about this...on my way to investigate now.

Investigation complete. Since no one was hurt, I had to chuckle just a bit when I saw it. I'm sure some shoes are very distraught that their spa is gone. VA claims for mental anguish sure to follow.

Edited by HerkFE

ROTFLMFAO

My sq/shirt was soliciting ideas for future "no hat/no salute" areas to be written into the latest edition of the AUAB sup to the 36-29chowmyhog. I sent him a wall of text with my idea of The Way It Should Be. Highlights:

1. CC and BPC (basically everything inside that fence) is a "residential area" and in the residential area it's ALL hat optional/no salute. In addition, crocs and closed toed shoes are authorized, and your PT shirt does not need to be tucked in.

2. If you work in a residential area or are receiving service from there (finance, FSS, etc) you need to be up to full uniform standards (tucked, real shoes, etc).

3. Reflective belt policy should mirror the AFCENT AFI, i.e. reflective belt is not required in the AFPTU since the AFPTU is sufficiently reflective per the AFCENT version of the same pub.

4. Reflective belts should only be required in areas that are accessible to vehicles, and would be optional in areas not normally accessible to vehicles (i.e. walking from your trailer to the shitter).

I think all those are good, common sense (thus NFW they will be accepted) ways to make this base feel more like home (because for a lot of guys like me it IS home more than anywhere stateside) and cut down on some of the stupidity that abounds this place.

• Upvote 3

My sq/shirt was soliciting ideas for future "no hat/no salute" areas to be written into the latest edition of the AUAB sup to the 36-29chowmyhog. I sent him a wall of text with my idea of The Way It Should Be. Highlights:

1. CC and BPC (basically everything inside that fence) is a "residential area" and in the residential area it's ALL hat optional/no salute. In addition, crocs and closed toed shoes are authorized, and your PT shirt does not need to be tucked in.

2. If you work in a residential area or are receiving service from there (finance, FSS, etc) you need to be up to full uniform standards (tucked, real shoes, etc).

3. Reflective belt policy should mirror the AFCENT AFI, i.e. reflective belt is not required in the AFPTU since the AFPTU is sufficiently reflective per the AFCENT version of the same pub.

4. Reflective belts should only be required in areas that are accessible to vehicles, and would be optional in areas not normally accessible to vehicles (i.e. walking from your trailer to the shitter).

I think all those are good, common sense (thus NFW they will be accepted) ways to make this base feel more like home (because for a lot of guys like me it IS home more than anywhere stateside) and cut down on some of the stupidity that abounds this place.

Just another reason to hate on this place. In reference to #4 in your above suggestions, I left my building tonight having just been able to put on my PT shirt and shorts before pissing myself and hurried to the caddy. I went straight to the caddy, and then straight back to my room.

To set up the rest of this story, let me tell you that the exit of my dorm room and the entrance to the caddy are all of 4 steps away from each other.

So, upon leaving the caddy, I'm stopped by some jackass with an "Excuse me". He feels the need to ask me if I left my reflective belt in the caddy. I respond a quick and curt "NO" and take another step to my dorm (now only 2 steps away) when I again here "Hey sir" I turn around again and give him a "WTF" look when he points out that my shirt is untucked and how badly I need to correct that. My response, "OK" turn and take another step to the dorm door (now only 1 step away) when he spouts off again "EXCUSE ME" to which my response is the door closing on him and me going back to the room to get my shower stuff, and go back to the caddy again without a reflective belt and with my shirt totally untucked.

Apparently this is the second night in a row that said douchebag has struck. Anyone know who the tool is with the Red reflective belt and the attitude in the CC?

I need to go home. This place really gets worse every day.