Leadership at the 'Deid

Toro

Maintenance Squadron commanders call Kunsan 1984.

Wow. I was 3. And I now have a 2 year old. Not sure why, but I felt compelled to point that out.

Edited by FourFans130

Wow. I was 3. And I now have a 2 year old. Not sure why, but I felt compelled to point that out.

I was ten, and now I have a 5 year old, a 3 year old, and a 14 month old. Just saying.

I was 12. Now I have a 10 year old, a 7 year old, and a 2 year old. Does that mean I the current leader?

Only if you have command of the English language...."Does that mean I the current leader?"

Only if you have command of the English language...."Does that mean I the current leader?"

You don't speak phone? It's tough to type on that little fucker.

At least I'm not dumb enough to quote me in a signature.

At least you were able to get your mx troops some recognition,most heavy mx sq I have known guys that have not one medal for anything for a whole 20 year career.

True fact. I've seen guys, MSgt and above, get their first dec at their retirement ceremony. What a freaking crime. Unless it gets lost, twice, and you don't get sh*t at your ceremony; and the head shoe in the orderly room dosen't think its a big deal. Douche bag. Now what message does that send? Not that I'm bitter or anything, just saying....

Eh, what the hell! I was 5, and now I have a 1 month old!

FWIW I was 21; single; lots of cash; on the loose, on the ROK, in A-Town. Juicy girl honcho!

Ahhh your father's Air Force was lots of fun! Reflecto belts in their proper place, no one cared if you even were wearing socks & Maintianers ate with filthy hands as God intended.

Edited to praise Dad, maintainers and sockless individuals.

Edited by Stitch

Guest Hueypilot812

My dad wasn't Air Force, he was Army. Flew attack helicopters in the 70s and 80s. I remember much of that lifestyle growing up. It sucks that things changed so drastically and so quickly in the 1990s.

FWIW I was 21; single; lots of cash; on the loose, on the ROK, in A-Town. Juicy girl honcho!

Ahhh your father's Air Force was lots of fun! Reflecto belts in their proper place, no one cared if you even were wearing socks & Maintianers ate with filthy hands as God intended.

Edited to praise Dad, maintainers and sockless individuals.

I would have never thought that much Moly-B on my food would have been good for me - good thing the massive quantities of booze must have flushed it out... and that included my '90-91 deployment to Qatar. When they banned the alcohol, we just considered that a challenge!

'84? I was 16 and just about decided to give Big Blue a try after high school.

<== Former sockless crew chief.

Edited by MKopack

Back on topic. What's the latest out of the land of the REMF's?

Asian Pacific Heritage 5K Fun Run.

P90X at the gym in the aerobics room.

Mongolian BBQ if you can wait in line.

"The Deid's got [no] Talent" shows: you can't be Frank Sinatra in issue PT gear hiked up to the groin, but you can try. Add a firefighter with no shirt on dancing on top of a truck at the bra and it was gay-severe.

Boater-Alpha only communicates with the inflection of a confused toddler. Boater-Alpha?????

-Hibernating...

Talked with someone in senior leadership recently. They shall remain nameless.

Word is starting in July anyone in CC with their own room will be sharing. B-1 pilots MAY be moving out of the BPC due to the increase in population and the generally low standing of aircrew on base. I pointed out to the "the commander" that B-1 pilots are actually considered human beings at Al Udeid. He raised his eyebrow, and nodded his head...

Wouldn't hold my breath on that second one. :M16a2::airforce:

Word is starting in July anyone in CC with their own room will be sharing. B-1 pilots MAY be moving out of the BPC due to the increase in population and the generally low standing of aircrew on base. I pointed out to the "the commander" that B-1 pilots are actually considered human beings at Al Udeid. He raised his eyebrow, and nodded his head...

So I guess that master plan to move MORE people into BPC isn't going so well?

who the hell will be moving into the BPC then? That place is a GHOST TOWN. Nobody is living there right now, and they're going to start doubling up the closets in the CC to free up MORE space in the BPC? YGBFSM.

who the hell will be moving into the BPC then? That place is a GHOST TOWN. Nobody is living there right now, and they're going to start doubling up the closets in the CC to free up MORE space in the BPC? YGBFSM.

What is driving the doubling up is they are tearing down trailers to build new, wait for it.... TRAILERS!!! In the mean time there won't be as many rooms on base. On the bright side, I'm sure it won't take more than 5 years for them to finish it all up.

As for the pointy nose guys. "Human Being" is of course a relative term. We all know you aren't a "Person" out here unless you hold the rank of 0-6 or above.

As for the B-1's moving out they just said they were looking at it. But it brought up a bunch of issues due to the fact that some guys PCS right after a deployment, deploy again, and up spending a year in the desert, so it probably won't happen. Of course my heart broke for them. Then I remembered I had to pull SOF duty thanks to them, and had myself spent more than 2 years of my life here without EVER having my own bathroom... Stopped feeling bad immediately.

BTW Crud is gay. So are callsigns. Deadbug. :thefinger:

Edited by PasserOGas
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

What is driving the doubling up is they are tearing down trailers to build new, wait for it.... TRAILERS!!! In the mean time there won't be as many rooms on base. On the bright side, I'm sure it won't take more than 5 years for them to finish it all up.

As for the pointy nose guys. "Human Being" is of course a relative term. We all know you aren't a "Person" out here unless you hold the rank of 0-6 or above.

As for the B-1's moving out they just said they were looking at it. But it brought up a bunch of issues due to the fact that some guys PCS right after a deployment, deploy again, and up spending a year in the desert, so it probably won't happen. Of course my heart broke for them. Then I remembered I had to pull SOF duty thanks to them, and had myself spent more than 2 years of my life here without EVER having my own bathroom... Stopped feeling bad immediately.

BTW Crud is gay. So are callsigns. Deadbug. :thefinger:

WTF are you talking about? I'm sure senior leadership is letting you in on their plans on how they will run the base. We are not moving out of BPC. Room assignments are based on how long you are deployed here and when you start deploying almost 7 months out here straight you too can stay in the BPC.

How are B-1 guys making you sit SOF? Poor guy, you have to do extra duties besides flying? We all sit SOF out here so quit whining about it.

• Upvote 1

WTF are you talking about? I'm sure senior leadership is letting you in on their plans on how they will run the base. We are not moving out of BPC. Room assignments are based on how long you are deployed here and when you start deploying almost 7 months out here straight you too can stay in the BPC.

How are B-1 guys making you sit SOF? Poor guy, you have to do extra duties besides flying? We all sit SOF out here so quit whining about it.

Well, the one "nice" thing about tankers, check our schedule one day and you are pretty much guaranteed to see a senior leader flying on one of our lines. It's one of the "benefits" of flying more than 2 or 3 lines a day. What do you think we talk about for 8 hours? Hmmm.

Do you think for one second that we would have a SOF if it weren't for the B-1's running the place?? Really?? And we all don't sit SOF, C-17's do not. Amazing how they get anything done without it... I can tell you for sure our leadership has pushed against it as an unneeded drain on our manning. If the ACC assets want a SOF, why don't the units that want one man it themselves? We don't want it, don't need it, and it in fact gets in the way of our mission.

I don't think they should be kicking you out. (And the vibe I got was that they won't. Again, it was mentioned but there were issues with it.) I think all personnel with crew rest requirements should be there before, I don't know, CE or finance. If not that it should be average days/year spent out here that decides it.

BTW I'll be out here 6 of the next 9 months, and I won't get a year at home afterward. Wanna trade?

If they don't break ground on new trailers in the next 3-4 months I'll buy you a beer. How's that? God knows I'll be here.

Edited by PasserOGas

Well, the one "nice" thing about tankers, check our schedule one day and you are pretty much guaranteed to see a senior leader flying on one of our lines. It's one of the "benefits" of flying more than 2 or 3 lines a day. What do you think we talk about for 8 hours? Hmmm.

Do you think for one second that we would have a SOF if it weren't for the B-1's running the place?? Really?? And we all don't sit SOF, C-17's do not. Amazing how they get anything done without it... I can tell you for sure our leadership has pushed against it as an unneeded drain on our manning. If the ACC assets want a SOF, why don't the units that want one man it themselves? We don't want it, don't need it, and it in fact gets in the way of our mission.

I don't think they should be kicking you out. (And the vibe I got was that they won't. Again, it was mentioned but there were issues with it.) I think all personnel with crew rest requirements should be there before, I don't know, CE or finance. If not that it should be average days/year spent out here that decides it.

BTW I'll be out here 6 of the next 9 months, and I won't get a year at home afterward. Wanna trade?

If they don't break ground on new trailers in the next 3-4 months I'll buy you a beer. How's that? God knows I'll be here.

I think plenty of B-1 guys also think having a SOF at the Deid is a dumb idea...especially since the job is basically reduced to fielding calls from protocol every ten minutes when some DG is flying.

I think plenty of B-1 guys also think having a SOF at the Deid is a dumb idea...especially since the job is basically reduced to fielding calls from protocol every ten minutes when some DG is flying.

Thats the vibe I get as well. These calls aren't made by the average "boner" as I like to call them. (Yeah, I thought of that all by myself.)

I was hoping someone would have picked up the sarcasm in that first post, kinda thought the :thefinger: was a dead giveaway.

Edited by PasserOGas

First off I hate sitting SOF...buuuuuuuut I have been up there several times and heard of several other times when it was extremely beneficial (Mark if you're reading this in the tower hope you're having fun). WX and other nonstandard events really catch the tower folks off guard it seems. Not that they are bad controllers but they sometimes just don't understand ops as fliers do and are usually from all over the globe and used to dealing with one type of aircraft or sitauation or another.

IFE's are for the most part handled by their own ops squadrons with little input from the SOF. The DV thing is a joke. Some people are more special than others and require more actions than others all while some protocol braud is jibba-jabbering on the phone/brick/etc.. Fallen Warrior...I'll gladly sit in the tower to facilitate whatever is needed for our bros that have paid the highest price. What I don't like is how the shifts get spread around but hey it's part of the suck that is the Deid.

Do I think it is necessary...not sure but the OG and Deputies are really big on it and provide some legit reasons for its existence. Like all things...you don't miss it or it's not important until its needed, and then it really comes in handy.

Cooter's .02

Edited by Cooter